Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How far do you think Indy can go?

Thinking Skins

I watched the game yesterday, and I've been watching for the last 4 or 5 weeks (ever since I got Reggie Wayne on my fantasy team), and no doubt they have offense. But If you look at the scores, they've been able to put up a wide difference between themselves and their opponents. Yesterday was a prime example, where they only allowed Detroit to score 9 points. Now, we could make the argument that its Detroit, but they've been doing similar things against everybody since their loss to Kansas City.

The problems with a team with an air attack like them is the question of how well they'll do in the snow in January. They'll likely be going to Foxboro or Hines Field for a matchup, and that looks kinda scary. Now I doubt that either of these teams can really stop Manning. They'll probably be better at getting pressure on Manning, but there is no way that they can stop Harrison, Wayne and Stokley AND James.

With all the dispute about who's the best team in the league, Pitt or NE, I think that Indy is being undervalued. Their defense has gotten significantly better, currently leading the league in turnover differential, and third in the league in total turnovers created. They're like 12th against the run. Their only problem is against the pass. And its not like they can't stop the opposition, but when you go up by 40 points, the opposition is going to pass a whole lot more. And unless you've got a bunch of Fred Smoot Clones in your secondary, some of those passes are gonna get completed.

Right now, this is my pick to go all the way.

Colts have looked good, no doubt, but they'll be playing at least one game on the road, and I simply don't see them getting past the Steelers or the Patriots --- whoever they face. The Patriots already showed they can shut down the Colts in the playoffs. As for the Steelers, their defense in 2002 was lousy compared to this year, but they still did a fantastic job against the Colts. Dick LeBeau alone makes the defense much better. Both he and Romeo Crennel are considered to be defensive masterminds, so if Crennel can make the Colts look foolish, why not LeBeau?

Of course, on any given Sunday...

I just think it'll be much harder for the Colts than the Steelers or Patriots.

steelers.gif

But the Colts team has changed a lot in 2 years. I would compare this years team to The St. Louis team that won the Super Bowl a few years back. I mean look at how high powered this offense is. Its about to have 3 1000 yard WR's, 3 10 TD WR's, and a 1000 yard back. HAS THAT EVER BEEN DONE BEFORE??

So teams beating them in the past means nothing, just like Dallas had beat SF 2 years in a row in the NFC Championship, then San Fran beat Dallas.

Its a whole new year.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

The Colts were outgained at halftime by the Lions. That alone leads me to believe that they won't beat either NE or Pittsburgh.

Yet what was the score at halftime. Hint: Alot bigger difference than there was between you and the 3-7 skins, you that leads me to believe you won't beat Atlanta or Minnesota in the playoffs.

The Colts are the Pats' ****es. They won't get to the superbowl if the Pats and Steelers continue to play the way they have. Think of all of those Marino lead Dolphins teams. Tons of offensive records, no Lombardies.

Originally posted by pr11fan

Yet what was the score at halftime. Hint: Alot bigger difference than there was between you and the 3-7 skins, you that leads me to believe you won't beat Atlanta or Minnesota in the playoffs.

Aren't you a clever one? :rolleyes:

The point is, a better team than the Lions would have finished their redzone scoring chances, and wouldn't have fumbled four times in their own half of the field. You won't find NE or Pittsburgh doing that.

they will have to get by either the Pats or NE or both. Before the season started I predicted them and NE in the AFC Champoinship game. - They could still make it to the Superbowl the way the Rams did in 2001 - just score a LOT, hold the ball and cross your fingers when the defense is on the field.

They can make it to the AFC Championship again, but that'll be it. There's no chance that defense leads them to the SB. I remind you that KC punished them at home, and you know whoever Indy plays it won't be at Indy's home. I can see Pitt putting a punishment on Indy, but I don't like a rookie QB taking Pitt far into the playoffs.

As long as the refs are gonna call all sorts of PI, i dont see any defense able to cover all of their WR's as well as Pollard and Clark, and then be able to cover James coming out of the backfield (that is the passing game), and then when the Defense spreads out, James is just gonna take over. All these new PI calls have been due to what the Pats did to the Colts in the AFC Champ game, and if they meet up again, flags are gonna be thrown all over the place in favor of Indy.

we all know that the colts have been one play away from beating the pats the past couple of years. They could definitely make it all the way with some nice calls for them and continued aggressive play. both their DE are doing well this year. they sure have the weapons on o-ffense. guess that is why manning makes that kind of money

If it wasn't for a choke job by Vanderjagt in the season opener, the Colts owuld have taken down the Pats. However, things change in the playoffs. They probably won't get homefield. This alone gives them a huge disadvantage. I think they can be held in check by a good defense and their defense can be torched against a good offense. The Pats and Steelers both play well on both sides of the ball. i just can't see it happening this year.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Jacksonville Loss

Kansas City Loss

Minesotta Win

Houston Win

Chicago Win

Detroit Win

Only one win against a playoff caliber team in their last six games. And their last three impressive wins against teams that don't have a hope in hell of going to the playoffs.

This is how teams that look so dominant in the regular season end up bowing out in the post season. Time will tell all though.

You cant imagine that. It is impossible to get that callliber of Offense with a great Defense. That is why the Colts will once again falter in the playoffs. Their Defense is terrible at best, and their offense has yet to go up against the likes of the Ravens/Redskins/Steelers. Unless they somehow pull out homefield advantage in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, i think they are done before the AFC Championship again. And BTW, im already reading the headline. HARRISON SIGNS WITH BALTIMORE!

I said this in another thread about the Colts but I will say it here again......

It's easy for them to look good when Manning throws 4 or 5 TDs against the likes of the Bears, Texans, and Lions, but come playoff time, the teams they face will be a lot better and they also still have one of the worst defenses in the NFL

If they have to go on the road against the likes of the Patriots or the Steelers in the cold, they will be screwed being that they are a dome team.

And if you look at the standings, they are only like 4th overall in the AFC right now, due to the fact that all three of their losses come in the AFC, and they end the season the last three weeks against the Ravens, Chargers, and Broncos.

While they will probally win the AFC South unless something horrible happens like Manning going down, with those last three games, one loss in those and they are looking at maybe only being the 4th seed in the AFC

Originally posted by Bmoreravens4life

You cant imagine that. It is impossible to get that callliber of Offense with a great Defense. That is why the Colts will once again falter in the playoffs. Their Defense is terrible at best, and their offense has yet to go up against the likes of the Ravens/Redskins/Steelers. Unless they somehow pull out homefield advantage in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, i think they are done before the AFC Championship again. And BTW, im already reading the headline. HARRISON SIGNS WITH BALTIMORE!

HEY I can imagine anything I want and why would marvin want to play with B-more when T.O. didn't:laugh:

the Colts have everything invested in the performance of one player, Manning, and he has to play at a pro bowl level against the better teams for Indy to have a shot.

this team reminds me of the 1980 Chargers with Dan Fouts, Winslow, Chandler, Jefferson, etc.

They went to the AFC Title game before losing to the Raiders.

I think you will see the same thing from the Colts, a win in the first round of the playoffs and then a loss to NE or Pittsburgh in round two.

Archived