Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Real Sean Taylor

RavenzSuck

Quick Story:

My brother Daniel was in a very bad car accident in Charles County Md on 11/15/03. He has been in a coma since the accident. It has been pretty tough but we are all being optimistic. His hospital room is decked out in Burgundy and gold. The hospital is in Baltimore. We take a lot of heat being in Ravens country. Danny is only 18 years old and he loves the Redskins. He would go to games whenever possible. Danny was in a Christian Teens group. The manager of the group wrote to the Redskins about Danny and his condition. Somehow, Sean Taylor received the letter that was sent to the Redskins. Sean wrote my brother a letter and gave him an autographed game ball from the Skins/Bengals game two weeks ago. It really ment so much to my family to recieve this. Sean Taylor did not have to do this. He didn't have news cameras in his face like it was a PR oppurtunity. This was just a very kind act that really ment so much to my family. Many people will judge Sean Taylor because of his past recent behavior. People also judge him because he doesn't talk to the media. Don't judge a book by it's cover!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

your brother is in my prayers man, i know what its like to have a close friend in a life threatening accident... I just had two friends from college in one about 2 1/2 weeks ago.... i'll pray he makes a turn around.... and God Bless ST for doing something good... to bad the press won't pick up on it

Your brother and family will be in my prayers.

So many people only want to dwell on the negative things that has surrounded ST since he has been in the league. He's going to be a good one, and Im glad he wears burgandy and gold. He's the exact kind of player this team has needed for so long. Lavar Arrington was the first, ST is the other one. Man, we are on the upside of turning this ship around and you get bet that these two YOUNG men will be a big part of it. Once again your brother and family will be in my prayers.

Originally posted by SkinsCrunkin

your brother is in my prayers man, i know what its like to have a close friend in a life threatening accident... I just had two friends from college in one about 2 1/2 weeks ago.... i'll pray he makes a turn around.... and God Bless ST for doing something good... to bad the press won't pick up on it

i wouldnt mind the press picking up on it, but I think Sean Taylor would mind, hence how this has gone unnoticed on the press, cause they would easily broadcast this kinda story. That is pretty awesome that he would do something like that, definitely brings new light on him. Best wishes to your brother, and hope he comes around soon!!!

Guys,

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot. An injury like this is really sad. It really puts everything into perspective. We constantly worry about the little things. It makes you grateful for everything. WE are probably going to have a fundraiser in the near future. This will help with the mounting medical bills. Benefits and medical assistance only cover a certain amount of money. My parents still owe a fortune. The fundraiser will most likely be held in Charles County, Md. WE are not exactly sure what kind of fundraiser we are having yet. Most likely, it will be a silent auction and a concert. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I will post more details, when we finalize the fundraiser. Thanks again guys!!!

Go skins!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RavenzSuck

Guys,

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot. An injury like this is really sad. It really puts everything into perspective. We constantly worry about the little things. It makes you grateful for everything. WE are probably going to have a fundraiser in the near future. This will help with the mounting medical bills. Benefits and medical assistance only cover a certain amount of money. My parents still owe a fortune. The fundraiser will most likely be held in Charles County, Md. WE are not exactly sure what kind of fundraiser we are having yet. Most likely, it will be a silent auction and a concert. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I will post more details, when we finalize the fundraiser. Thanks again guys!!!

Go skins!!!!!!!!!!

Be sure to post details here as I'm sure many people here would like to help, contribute or advertise in some way.

Maybe if you could find a way to get some Redskins and other athletes there you could market the event to a larger audience.

Originally posted by RonJeremy

Best Wishes for your brother and I am glad to hear that Sean Taylor did something nice for him. We all know he has been getting a lot of bad press since he was drafted; but this shows he isn't as bad of a person as some may think.

it also shows that he really doesn't care about what the press says or thinks, which, if you've read a bunch of my posts you'll know that means a whole lot to me.

A lot of stars will only do charity work when they know that it will be in the news. This is why it means so much to me and my family. Please pray for my brother. His name is Danny Vacin. He has been in the coma for over a year now. We have told him that as soon as he gets out of the coma, we are taking him to a Skins game. I have club seats donated. Hopefully, it will be to a game next year!!

Archived