Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Consider this possibility...

Buddha

It's 3:30 and Trotter still hasn't been signed.

Meanwhile, ESPN is reporting that the Pats have turned down the Bills' offer of a 2003 2nd rounder for Drew Bledsoe.

Perhaps the Skins and Pats are talking trade and Trotter has been put on the back burner for now.

Just a thought...

It's possible the deal fell through. Despite my relative excitement for adding Trotter, I wouldn't be destroyed if it did because he's a player we never could have imagined we'd have and our offseason would be polished by this move, but not made by it.

I also think it's possible the team is actively restructuring Davis and/or Coleman even as we speak so as to avoid a couple of cuts right away. We'll know soon enough :)

It's certainly possible, since we're already basically in like flint with Trotter. Hopefully he's not demanding more cash or anything, because he ain't gonna get it. We know our budget.

However, it's either Trotter or Bledsoe. I'd rather have Trotter, mostly because he's younger and he'd make our defense clearly one of the best in the league.

Mr. Trotter, his agent and Menedes went to lunch but unfortunately they had the shrimp, which was bad. So the deal was not struck until about 1:30 EST. Mr. Davis had left for a short trip and is now currently in the air, so he cannot be reached until they land at LAX so he can sign the restructure aggreement.

Mr. Trotter, his agent and Menedes went to lunch but unfortunately they had the shrimp, which was bad. So the deal was not struck until about 1:30 EST. Mr. Davis had left for a short trip and is now currently in the air, so he cannot be reached until they land at LAX so he can sign the restructure aggreement.

Ok, that sounds like some hardcore inside info right there.

I think people are glossing over the Davis restructure. This could be a huge deal, if its the long-term restructuring of his contract to avoid the ridiculous cap hit coming in the next year or two.

Archived