Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Hunters out there?

halter91

Any of you guys/girls hunt? Buck Season here in Pa starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. I can't wait, Sit in the woods all day, freeze your ass off(well not really, but it's not exactly warm), wait till you see something move, get ready aim, and it's not a deer. I actually like the comradery though. This will be the 1st time since I've been going up that my grandpop won't be up. He was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, from Asbestos. It should stll be fun. Maybe I'll even see a deer this year.

Firearm season for deer here in Maryland starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I can't hunt anymore due to the on-the-job injury I have.

Bow season has been in since September, and I use to do that too.

I always get a little depressed this time of year because I can't be out in the woods, hunting with my buddies.

Good luck, Dave.

Bag a few deer if you can, not only for the venison, but to save the motorists. In the last few weeks, I've seen a bunch of articles about the overpopulation of deer and how they are getting killed (and killing people) on roads across the country. Not that this is breaking news.

I haven't hunted in a long time, but my step-dad used to be a big time hunter. Lots of elk and that kind of thing. I miss fresh elk burgers.

Anyway, good luck. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. :)

Leaving for West Virginia tomorrow. Hunt Monday (opening day), Tuesday, and Wednesday. Come home for Thanksgiving, and get ready for opening day in Maryland. (Saturday)

Best time of the year. Football and Hunting.

It don't get no better than that.

Good luck to all the hunters. And always remember, safety comes first.

Originally posted by halter91

Any of you guys/girls hunt? Buck Season here in Pa starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. I can't wait, Sit in the woods all day, freeze your ass off(well not really, but it's not exactly warm), wait till you see something move, get ready aim, and it's not a deer. I actually like the comradery though. This will be the 1st time since I've been going up that my grandpop won't be up. He was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, from Asbestos. It should stll be fun. Maybe I'll even see a deer this year.

Yeah, I'll be heading to the mountains the Saturday after turkey day. Also, Thanksgiving morning every year, my dad and I shoot our rifles in. I just bought a new scope yesterday so it doesn't take too long to zero it in.

Where do you hunt at? I go out to Bedford county, south of the town of Bedford and north of Cumberland, Md. Good luck to all the other hunters out there.

That's tough news about your grandad, he'll be in my prayers.

Stoped hunting right before I moved to FL. I liked bird hunting the best, small game next, but did dear season every year. The area of NY I hunted was shotgun or muzzle loader for deer which sucked.

I like to get back into bird hunting. The deer down here are small, and I'm not into hog hunting, which is real big down here..

Good luck...................bee safe

Originally posted by skinsfan44

Firearm season for deer here in Maryland starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I can't hunt anymore due to the on-the-job injury I have.

Bow season has been in since September, and I use to do that too.

I always get a little depressed this time of year because I can't be out in the woods, hunting with my buddies.

Good luck, Dave.

I was 2nd in the state in Archery, but target shooting not hunting. However that was 20 years ago.

I have a buddy from a softball board that lives in Texas...He's always posting pics of hogs he shot. Viscious little ****s.

Wouldn't be so bad if they were little, those nasty buggers get huge.:laugh: A friend got a 241 pounder last year, but lost one of his dogs in the process.

The loss of the dog is not an equal trade off in my book, and I eat too much pork to begin with:doh: so I wouldn't get into it.

The season here in Texas began the first Saturday in November.

The hogs here are not little by any means of the imagination.

I live out in the country....on a river bottom. The hogs here are horrible......big and bad. The larger ones are so tough....the meat is not any good.

Great deer hunting here though. I have hunted a time or two. Not in a long time though.

Blondie

I saw a guy hunting deer with a Grand Prix yesterday. I live on a rural road and I saw this deer up on the left bank of the road. I backed off, but the guy in the Grand Prix in front of me didn't. HE clipped the rear end of this nice size 8 point. The deer got up and went on his way.

The Grand Prix didn't make out so well.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

be very very quiet, I'm hunting wabbits

Originally posted by Soliloquy

Do they do it old school and hunt 'em with spears?

When I was stationed in Hawaii, there would be times out in the field that I would get a long straight stick, carve a point and chase after wild boars (smaller ones, I didn't want to pi$$ off the big ones) but I was unsuccessful.

I have a funny hog story for you guys. This one time in the Army, we went to the field on the Big Island of Hawaii and we had a brand new C.O. His first night in the field, he left his "A" bag with his clean clothes outside on the ground. At night is when the hogs come looking for food, well this one hog found himself a girlfriend for the night. He dragged the bag away from the Battery and had his way with it. After his happy ending, he ripped open the bag and spread the C.O.'s clean clothes all over the place. Those of us who were awake on guard duty watched the whole thing with NVGs while laughing our a$$es off.

I live right on the outskirts of Valley Forge National Park, You should see the size of the deer in there. They know they can't be hunted there, so they just get bigger and bigger. 8-12 pointers are not uncommon. And normally you will find 2 road kills a week. The other week, some guy hit on driving a mini van and it caught on fire. Crazy Chit man.

Originally posted by Soliloquy

Do they do it old school and hunt 'em with spears?

My buddy Cean hunts with a rifle. Hid dad was in a few hunting mags years ago. A real cracker, he hunted with dogs and a big knife. There are many folks down here who still do it that way. Your talkin real men now baby.

They even cross breed dogs down here just for hog hunting. Pit Bulls for the fighting ability, and a good hound like a Blue Tic for the tracking. Some of the dogs are pretty odd lookin to say the least, and from what I can tell, they use teams of up to 4 dogs, with two or three being the most common.

Aint an ice cubes chance in hell I would even think about that one. I'm more the drop um from 50 yards kind of guy myself.;)

I use to dear hunt at Stewart Air Force base in Newburg NY. You could get a day permitt to be on the property. Corn fields, and apple orchades all around the place back then, which those white tail love to eat. You would think it an unfair advantage except, being a "no Rifle" county for deer, you had to get in much closer with a shotgun. You stood a better chance with a muzzle loader.

Archived