Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reel Fans Don't Boo!!

fish

pete....you're all right bubba! good response!!!! *amn....despite my best efforts...I like you already!

OM...I'm not willing to surrender the middle ground...the notion being marketed - that if one boos brunell one is somehow not an optimist or a loyal fan - is unadulterated hogwash....and with that I wash my hands of the whole thing...for the moment anyway...:-)........

Originally posted by fansince62

this isn't high school fellas. we don't show up with pom poms wearing skirts (well...most of us).

it's a professional sport. highly paid athletes. fans are tolerant....to a point. then it is their right to boo poor performance.

I have been following this team since the 60s and booing loser QBs is as old a Skins' tradition as there can be.......gimme a break......or is following tradition a sometime obligation?

I thought that we had a tradition of booing QBs who sucked for us, but I wasn't sure, cause I'm only a fan since 82', and I moved in 90', so I've only been to a handful of games, but I thought we, as fans, have never-ever put up with crappy QB play home. Didn't we even boo the piss out of Joey T? I know we let shuler hear it on a weekly basis. Well I think Brunell sucks worse than both of those guys right now.

Yeah, our whole offense isn't exactly playing well either, but that's always supposed to come back down to the QBs shoulders.

If you're going to throw crap my direction, fan, at least make it about something I said. As to you laying claim to the "middle ground" on this one, I think that's actually pretty funny. My guess is you would too, were you in a bit better mood these days.

Don't try to say I've called you disloyal, either. That's a gross stretch of anything I've actually said.

I've SAID:

"Booing your own team, on the other hand, not only doesn't help your team win, it actively works against it, by sapping moral support FOR your team and giving it instead to the enemy.

When you boo your own colors, you put your own personal frustrations ahead of the needs of your team."

You clearly don't buy it. You think it's hogwash.

I happen to think it's dead on the money.

And I'll stand by that.

Now I'll take a break, too.

Originally posted by Liberty

"When you boo your own colors, you put your own personal frustrations ahead of the needs of your team."

If fans boo enough maybe Brunell will be benched.

Yep. That's what they've been waiting for. Once the booing gets to a certain level they'll make changes on the field based on the fans response. That's what all top level NFL staffs do.

Well if we had a top NFL staff maybe our offense wouldn't be in the toilet

This has got to be the most down right out of line BS I've seen on this board in ages. You have got be sh!ttin me.

I guess we need Gandolf as HC, and the Wizzard of OZ as the line coach. That's how you return that magic of old.

Originally posted by Om

The only time a fan gets to actually affect his team's chances for success is on game day, by screaming his/her head off to try to disrupt the other team on offense, and by lending whatever moral support/inspiration he can to his own team when they need it.

Booing your own team, on the other hand, not only doesn't help your team win, it actively works against it, by sapping moral support FOR your team and giving it instead to the enemy.

When you boo your own colors, you put your own personal frustrations ahead of the needs of your team.

Yeah, it's your right, you paid for the ticket. But in terms of what affect you're having, just know you might as well be rooting for the other team.

Thank-you OM, you said what I was trying to say much better!

Originally posted by FullbackIsKey

yeah, man, its like taxes. We pay Brunell's monstrous salary, through ticket prices, so the people who are actually at the stadium have more right to boo than anybody. In fact, if they see their money being spent the wrong way, i.e. on a 33-year-old washed up qb, its their duty to boo.

PU-leeze,

Regardless who we have on our roster and what the total alary is, ticket prices will stay the same. They will stay the same due to us and our undying loyalty as evidenced by our unbroken sold out streak and long waiting list.

If you feel you habe the "right" to boo, whell of course you do, however, if you'd like to do something constructive and potentially help our team WIN, booing isn't it!

Originally posted by mookie0720

Booing doesn't mean you don't support your team it means you are unhappy with what you are seeing on the field.

Mookie,

This is probably the best "pro boo" response posted. You're obviously right. But again, booing just doesn't help us win.

The fans as a whole have been very patient this season, IMO. Not until Week 8 did we express displeasure with Brunell by booing. Despite some real shoddy play. And I don't think it's so bad that he hears the fans' displeasure. He should know, and Gibbs should too, that mediocrity should be unacceptable for a 'Skins starting QB.

Originally posted by Pete

This has got to be the most down right out of line BS I've seen on this board in ages. You have got be sh!ttin me.

I guess we need Gandolf as HC, and the Wizzard of OZ as the line coach. That's how you return that magic of old.

It doesn't take magic to have a decent offense, I don't even care if the offense is good, I just want one that can score on its own on a consistent basis.

It doesn't take magic to have a decent offense, I don't even care if the offense is good, I just want one that can score on its own on a consistent basis.

I think everybody would be happy with an average O at this point. I know your as bent about the O as everybody, but that post made you sound like a pizzy kid, which you haven't been known to do before to my knowlege.

Gibbs and his staff doesn't deserve that type of junk. Anything worth building, is worth waiting for.

Archived