Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2005 New Head Coach Poll

jimster

halfway through the season we know that there will be anywhere from 3 to 7 head coach openings this year out of these possible teams:

Miami

New Orleans

San Fran

Oakland

St Louis

Cleveland

K.C

Minnesota

Green Bay

Dallas

I personally don't see Tice, Sherman, Parcells and probably Martz going anywhere, but I've heard these names mentioned.

Who do you see getting a head coaching gig next year?

pick as many as you think

Originally posted by Skins4SB

When Parcells leaves Dallas, I believe Dave Wannstedt would become the head coach. He was the defensive coordinator there in the early 90's..

That would be great if Jones is that stupid. Wanny has failed twice and never succeeded though so I dont know why he would get a third chance. He may have been a pretty good defensive coordinator but thats about it.

Nolan's name came up last year - his biggest success has been with the Ravens and two years ago he wasn't even a defensive coach, but...

I agree about Wannstedt, I think 2 reasonable chances, 5 years with Bears, 4 years with Miami is about all you can expect. - I could see him doing a Bill Calahan and taking a college HC job.

I think Saunders with KC is a lock - maybe in KC, and both guys from New England.

Originally posted by Chopper Dave

You guys are being too hard on Wanny. He was 10-6 a couple of times, and with injuries and Ricky not being there, it wasn't completely his fault. You don't go 10-6 two or three times without being a decent coach.

I totally do not think that this year's failures were his fault. In fact this is the first year he was left out of personel decisions and the newly hired GM is the one who went out and traded a #2 pick for Feeley and got no one capable for their O-line.

Injuries, and of course the Ricky Williams retirement was not his fault, but all in all he got a fair shot at two different places at this level and couldn't consistently win.

He'll get a DC job quickly. - He seems like one of those guys that's too nice.

Originally posted by Synergist

Dunno how anyone could vote for Fossil, Hell he should be fired as a offensive consultant to the ravens, thier offense is ALMOST as bad as ours.

The offense has sucked well before he came to baltimore . You can think Cav for that one.

You cant give Fassel a bunch of hot dogs and expect to get a gormet meal. He has nothing to work with in terms of personell and billick has been handcuffing the passing game to boot.

Glad we all agree that Baltimores offense co-ordinator does not deserve a HC job.

I can't see the Patriots luck holding out and one if not both there co-ordinators will land a HC job. It would be a good move for Miami who would hurt a divisional rival as well as upgrading themselves.

I also see Fassel getting back into the league and Brad Childress getting a job somewhere.

Archived