Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pictures and a story from Ford Field...

Dirk Diggler

I must concur with DD. Even though it was a lowly Skins-Lions yawn fest, the experience itself was truly amazing and one every NFL die hard fan should get an opportunity to experience.

Anywho, I invited him on this excursion about 6 weeks ago.

I was told that we "may" have a chance to get on the sideline.

But I told him best case scenario would be free tickets and a tour of the stadium at some point.

Never could I have imagined all that I was able to experience.

Now, the whole thing wouldve been a lot different had it been the Cowboys on the visiting side of the field and me meeting Mike Zimmer and being mere feet from Roy Williams and Jerry Jones, but hey, beggers cant be choosers right?

I too was able to meet DC Williams, although I didnt want to hassle him for a 2nd picture since DD had just taken one. Obviously, DD will cherish that moment a little more than I will.

But to see DD that moment, and Ive known the kid for about 10 years now, I dont think Ive ever seen him happier.

Not even when he got his first kiss from Jelly Arms back at University of Delaware in 95. :D

But I digress, the whole thing was surreal.

Even though I'm a die hard Dallas fan, and this past weekend will forever be linked to the Redskins, it is truly an experience that is 2nd to none.

I could go on and on about this whole thing, but I'm sure you all get the picture (and see the pictures - I'm with DD on the sideline pic before kickoff).

The bottom line is that every NFL die hard should be able to experience something like this. I know its not possible as this was a once in a lifetime thing, but experiencing something like this really makes you appreciate how incredible the game of football and everything else that is a part of it truly is.

P.S. - Now maybe all of you on this site will take it easy on us "true" Dallas fans (not the trolls), but those who know. You see, Dallas fans arent all bad. We really can get along.

Youre welcome Dirk. Seeing how much you truly enjoyed this past weekend made it all worth while. (Especially at Cheetah's).

:cheers:

As I'm walking past the tunnel, Chris Samuels comes jogging out. A Lions fan screams at him, "Hey Samuels - you came a long way to get your a$$ kicked today...Ha ha ha." Samuels turns around and glares at him like he said something about his momma. If looks could kill...

I was standing right next to that fan by the tunnel when he yelled at Samuels. You are so right, Samuels looked like he wanted to go up and smack that guy. :laugh:

Dirk these are just too cool. The look on your face is just absolutely priceless on most of these, like "Can you F'ing BELIEVE I'm standing here?!?!??

The one of the Lions at the tunnel entrance with all the smoke and haze -- I can almost hear the roar.

VERY cool.:cheers:

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

Makes me want to take another road trip this year to either Dallas or SF.

If you decide on SF, let me know. I have the serious hookup for ticketts, and will be right behind the Skins bench in the 7th row, 40 yard line.

Great story DD, and some great pics.

BTW anyone coming to SF let me know if you need ticketts. We'll make a serious party out of it!!

Archived