Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**Official Holiday Thread**

cfujskins

Originally posted by Pete

You must have some Italian in ya 44. Dry salt cod is a traditional dish on Christmas Eve. Never had it for breakfast though.

Pete...living in what was a fishing community, we eat salted fish

a lot for breakfast. Just soak it overnight, then boil for 20 minutes and pour some bacon drippings over and you have

a meal that will stick with you all day.

Originally posted by riggins44

Pete...living in what was a fishing community, we eat salted fish

a lot for breakfast. Just soak it overnight, then boil for 20 minutes and pour some bacon drippings over and you have

a meal that will stick with you all day.

This might be very good, however, the MERE THOUGHT of cod fish with bacon drippings for breakfast doesn't make me think it will stick with me more than 5 minutes......much less all day.

Being Hispanic........I grew up with the tortillas and sweet bread refried beans, eggs and chillies for breakfast.

Now THAT is a breakfast that will stick with ya!

Blondie

Originally posted by Blondie

This might be very good, however, the MERE THOUGHT of cod fish with bacon drippings for breakfast doesn't make me think it will stick with me more than 5 minutes......much less all day.

Being Hispanic........I grew up with the tortillas and sweet bread refried beans, eggs and chillies for breakfast.

Blondie

:laugh: It's a delicacy! Believe me, on a cold morning on the water...nothing is better.

I'd give the tortillas and chilles a try..

Rolaids.gif

alk37m.jpg

5....earlier if one of the 2 little brothers woke me up, ( punishment was quick for that but only served to keep me from going back to sleep). Okay...maybe i went to bed at 5 up until i found out about....gasp.....santa at 8 years. ;)

Originally posted by Blondie

Blondie

Blondie! Tu Chica? wow! My best friend (who is a HUGE Cowboys fan) is Mexican, and they cook that authentic stuff ALL the time. They put Cheyenne pepper on everything even their eggs for breakfast. The authintic tortillas we sooo good, I would eat them plain. They live in El Paso (my birth city) now. man I miss snacking on Sopapillas and churros:( Oh well. As for Christmas, we eat pretty much the same thing as Thanksgiving but not in such a sparing quantity.

Originally posted by cfujskins

Blondie! Tu Chica? wow! My best friend (who is a HUGE Cowboys fan) is Mexican, and they cook that authentic stuff ALL the time. They put Cheyenne pepper on everything even their eggs for breakfast. The authintic tortillas we sooo good, I would eat them plain. They live in El Paso (my birth city) now. man I miss snacking on Sopapillas and churros:( Oh well. As for Christmas, we eat pretty much the same thing as Thanksgiving but not in such a sparing quantity.

Tortillas and beans. That is why many women of Hispanic descent are rather round as they get older.Thankfully, my I took after my dad's side of the family. Tall and slender.

I love salsa! I put spices on EVERYTHING. You know, where it is so hot it makes your nose begin to run.

That hot.

:laugh:

Blondie

Blondie, They would actually laugh at me when I made it obvious that the food they gave me was EXTRMEMLY hot:( :( TeXMex is the S**T tho. We live in an awsome part of the United States, Blondie:cheers: (Oklahoma City=:respect: national headquaters of Sonic: America's Drive Thru:mmm: :mmm: )

It's a four way tie for me.

Father Christmas Kinks

Christmas Rappin Waitresses

Hark the Harold Angle

Oh Holey Night

Next question: Star or Angle on top of the tree.

This thread is kind of bias. I know we have Hebrew members, and they need to join in. I spent the first night of Hanukkha with my best friend and his family for 9 years in a row. I'm told it's an honor of sorts to be an outsider on such a special night.

Originally posted by Pete

This thread is kind of bias. I know we have Hebrew members, and they need to join in. I spent the first night of Hanukkha with my best friend and his family for 9 years in a row. I'm told it's an honor of sorts to be an outsider on such a special night.

I understand your concern. This threads primary focus is on the Holliday season. This can include Christmas AND Hanukkha AND Kwanzaa AND Thanksgivng and such. The tread is not only limited to the physical aspects of these events but the emotional feelings and memories attached as well. The sharing of traditions is what is strongly encouraged.:)

Normally the day after thanksgiving for the out door lighting. Don't know about this year though. Looks like we will be having the roof replaced right about then. When was Hurricane Charley:doh:

Next question.....Miniture or large lights?

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

White Lights.........looks great with white snow all around.

Talking about the turkey now.......the white meat or the dark meat.

White lights....and I eat both white and dark meat!!

Question: Subtle Christmas Lights and decorations or Clark Griswold style??

Archived