Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**Official Holiday Thread**

cfujskins

Originally posted by dks1240

artifical or real xmas tree?

and anybody have any good "going to cut down the xmas tree" stories?

We have an artificial tree now. I like the fact that the "branches" can be bent and therefore do a better job of holding the ornaments.

And I don't really have a cut down a tree story, but I do have a tree hunting story. Five years ago we did a complete remodel of our home - gutted it right down to the studs - and I was behind schedule getting back into the house (lived with Dad during the demolition). Thought I'd be in by Thanksgiving...turns out I'm moving back in Christmas Eve at 4PM. All of a sudden it dawns on me that we do not have a Christmas tree. Off to the races...I'm looking everywhere for trees and coming up empty...all of the places are closed by now. Drove by at least 20 places looking...finally decided to go buy a chainsaw and cut one down myself - go to Lowe's and they are about to toss their leftover trees into the dumpster. I said Wait, can I buy one of those. The store manager looked at me like I was nuts and said just take it. I jammed it in the back of the van and took off for home. It was a Charlie Brown Christmas tree for sure....hardly anything left on the tree.

What time is thanksgiving dinner? Where is it held? And how many people typically attend?

Any other hispanics on this board that open presents at midnight Christmas Eve? I dont know how that got started, or why, whether its my family, or just latinos. If its just us, someone a long time ago messed up, cause my dads been doing it since he was a kid, and my grandad has been doing that since he was a kid.

Archived