Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Husak-23/42, 359 yds 3 TDs

RiggoRanger

In an overtime loss last night against the Frankfurt Galaxy, Todd Husak put up some big numbers for the Berlin Thunder. He is in the Broncos stable now.

NFL EUROPE

Ivan Mercer was in the game, he is still connected to the Skins. He is the Thunders' TE. Also, Terrence Simmons is the Galaxys' starting RT, and he looked pretty decent to me. He blocked well in pass plays, not giving up a sack or hurry, and on running plays he opened up several holes for big gains. Might make a good back up next season...

It's unfortunate Husak had such an AWFUL preseason with us last year. Largely due to the pulled muscle we are told, but, still, you couldn't keep a guy that rotten. He'd have done better for himself NOT playing than to play like he did. I would not be surprised if in the right system he becomes something of a player in this league. The Broncos are a really good fit for him. He is NOT a good fit for us today in this offense though so, whether he works out or not, we shouldn't feel too terrible about it. His success would not be under Spurrier I don't believe.

Guys, being superior in Europe doesn't mean much unless there is a good coach that can make you into a legitimate NFL talent (a la Mariucci with Garcia and Martz (who had a bigger impact thn Vermiel) with Warner. Heck, didn't Craig win the MVP one year in europe???:drool:

I disagree that numbers are all that matter. Id take a winner over a loser with better numbers.

If you look at Gracia and Warner. Garcia's team in the CFL, Calgary, was a consistent winner, i know he won at least one Grey Cup maybe more. Warner led his Iowa team to an Arena league title if im not mistaken. A QB is more then numbers its about leadership. Look at Brady. His numbers were not good this year but he was a leader, a winner and played well when it mattered. Garcia is the same way. I hated him when he was in the CFL because he always won but i knew he would eventually do well. (JoeSkins has a point about Marucci because even the most talented hard working players can get ruined by bad coaches)

This is also why i didnt really expect some of the other CFL QB's, Henry Burris (GB), Dave Dickinson (SD) because while they played really well in the CFL they didnt have the winning pedigree of Gracia. Flutie (maybe not this year but in his first couple years after coming backl) falls into the category of good a player with lesser stats being a good leader and winner. Rob Johnson is not a winner, he's a whiner who has good stats (when hes not sacked or injured).

Archived