Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

America Sure is Great

Ignatius J.

Originally posted by Ignatius J.

Well, and democracy really. Looking at all the hatred that has been sent across the isles over the last year, it is amazing to watch people peacfully marching to thier polling place to settle this.

Depite our differences, this sure beats civil war.

I agree for the mainstream of society.

But the problem is when you had Mrs. Edwards in response to a concern about riots say, " there won't be any riots--if we win."

I prefer a Republic in which government power is extremely limited. The act of casting a vote can be done even by a monkey, and half the people voting are about as informed as one.

Besides, Bush is the only one being compared to Hitler or being spoken of as if he's the first to potentially violate the Constitution. In many ways, the vitriol thrown at the right is similar to what some on the right did to Kennedy back in the day. Kennedy really wasn't that bad(politically) but he got reamed. Nowadays, policy-wise, you'd have to consider him as a member of the right-wing of the Democratic Party.

It's coming, but not in this election, I don't think.

Everyone in line was joking and commenting on the writing of the elementary kids.. (some of the girls had better handwriting than me)....

We even turned back in the amendment pamphlets so they could hand it out again to the people behind us: We just knew they wouldnt have enough...

Nice sentiments, Ignatious. I agree. It really is remarkable how our citizens are constant able to peacefully make these decisions. It's a great source of strength in this country, even if some are unable to see past thier partisanship and appreciate it.

Originally posted by Hooper

Yeah, the right was so much better when Slick Willie was in power.

Haters on both sides, my friends.

True, there are ALWAYS haters but I think most people with any moral compass got the sense that Clinton was scum and that somehow he was not only getting away with it but was beloved. That tends to really set people off. You'd not have seen the same feelings if Lieberman or even Edwards were President, I believe.

Archived