Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tim Hasselbeck?

Mr. S

alright guys, I definitely want Ramsey to start, never liked the Brunell trade/contract whatever. However, some friends of mine believe that Hasselbeck is the best qb on the team. He showed some great glimpses last year, but I along with many others saw that he wasnt full time starting caliber. Does anyone have anything to support or add to this, or their thoughts on Hasselbeck, good or bad? Also, does anyone have his numbers for those games he played last season, I know he had a zero rating in one of them. Thanks.

Check out the Dallas game where he was 6-26 w/ 4int's

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/236946/gamelogs/2003

November Passing Rushing Fumbles

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec

11/02 @Dallas L 14-21 No 3 2 66.7 20 0 0 85.4 0 0 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0 0 0

11/09 Seattle W 27-20 Did Not Play

11/16 @Carolina L 17-20 Did Not Play

11/23 @Miami L 23-24 No 30 15 50.0 150 1 1 61.8 1 5 2 10 5.0 11 0 0 0

11/30 New Orleans L 20-24 Yes 42 22 52.4 231 0 1 58.7 0 0 3 10 3.3 6 0 2 1

December Passing Rushing Fumbles

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec

12/07 @New York W 20-7 Yes 19 13 68.4 154 2 0 128.0 2 16 2 -2 -1.0 -1 0 0 0

12/14 Dallas L 0-27 Yes 26 6 23.1 56 0 4 0 1 4 1 2 2.0 2 0 0 0

12/21 @Chicago L 24-27 Yes 25 16 64.0 209 2 0 116.9 1 3 3 5 1.7 4 0 0 0

12/27 Philadelphia L 7-31 Yes 32 21 65.6 192 0 1 68.8 4 16 3 17 5.7 9 0 1 0

First off lets throw out the Dallas game from last year. It was pooring down rain and we threw a lot, down the field, nobody stood a chance throwing in that.

Alright, he is a very smart player, if he has one weakness its his arm strength but I think he can get by with that. He really impressed me several times last year with his intelligence, he beat the blitz a number of times and found the open guy.

He is also very good at moving around in and out of the pocket thats a big help. I also feel that he is a very good leader and game manager, I dont remember being frustrated with him with delay of game penalties and stuff like that.

I think he's a good player, I think he could be more effective than Brunell at this time.

I think you can build an offense with this style of play. Very mobile and I like how he carries the offense on the field. Stepped up big for us against Miami last year. Yes I agree that nobody could really stand a chance throwing in that disgusting weather last year...I don't recall Quincy having a field day but I remember Troy running for 189 yards on us:doh: ...We had no running game that day as well

How can the rookie B. Roethlisberger for pit beat the unbeatable pats. and have these decent numbers. 18/24 196 2 TD. and we have a VETERAN QB who can't beat his way out of a wet paper bag ?

We need a QB next year not a band aid at the position... find out if Ramsey/Hasselback is the answer... if not draft/trade for a decent QB.

The goal of football is still to win right?

I really want someone to explain to me the logic behind playing Hasselback. Seriously, what difference is there between him and Brunell?

Originally posted by Skins26

First off lets throw out the Dallas game from last year. It was pooring down rain and we threw a lot, down the field, nobody stood a chance throwing in that.

Ok

But let's also throw out all of Ramsey's bad games. Why not?

I was at the game....it wasn't raining. It just snowed so it was wet, but there wasn't that much precip falling.

Quincy btw is IMO worse than Hasselback...why was he able to do better if no one stood a chance?

But ok, let's throw out the Dallas game.

Out of the 5 other games he played in, there were 2 were he played well. Against the 4-12 Giants and the 7-9 Bears. Two bad teams with bad defenses. Nevertheless Timmy was able to pass for a whooping 154 against the Gs and 209 against the Bears. Those were the only games where he had above a 6.0 YPA avg., only games above a 70 QB rating. But the stat that counts the most....

Only 1 win in 6 games.

Bench vetern Brunell for a Brunell with less experience?

Why?

I honestly want to know?

Remember last season when Tim Hasselback played under Steve Spurrier, he hadn't played or started a down of NFL football. Gibbs looks for a little more experience with his quarterbacks.

It took Mark Rypien four seasons to start. Stan Humphries was waiting in the wings too as a young quarterback. History tells us Joe Gibbs favors veteran QBs. Hasselback is not even a thought as far as Gibbs is concerned.

Originally posted by Skins24

The goal of football is still to win right?

I really want someone to explain to me the logic behind playing Hasselback. Seriously, what difference is there between him and Brunell?

Ok

But let's also throw out all of Ramsey's bad games. Why not?

I was at the game....it wasn't raining. It just snowed so it was wet, but there wasn't that much precip falling.

Quincy btw is IMO worse than Hasselback...why was he able to do better if no one stood a chance?

But ok, let's throw out the Dallas game.

Out of the 5 other games he played in, there were 2 were he played well. Against the 4-12 Giants and the 7-9 Bears. Two bad teams with bad defenses. Nevertheless Timmy was able to pass for a whooping 154 against the Gs and 209 against the Bears. Those were the only games where he had above a 6.0 YPA avg., only games above a 70 QB rating. But the stat that counts the most....

Only 1 win in 6 games.

Bench vetern Brunell for a Brunell with less experience?

Why?

I honestly want to know?

the difference is:

- he is a little quicker and evasive than Brunell at this point

- he CAN hit the side of a barn(comes in handy when you have a wide open receiver)

yeh, see, i agree hes a great backup, and a pretty smart guy. However, he still only won one game for us last year, despite how many were close and due to other problems. He seemed to put up better numbers than Brunell has been, htough that may have been Spurriers offense as well. I just dont think he's better than Ramsey, just found it ignorant my friends, one being a redskins fan, thinking that way.

Last year is last year, and this year is this year. I'd almost bet the house that Hasselbeck would be better than Ramsey, if given the opportunity. The only thing that Ramsey has going for him is his strong arm. What else does he have.

I'll tell you what he doesn't have and that's 1) mobility 2) the ability to read a blitz, 3) The "IT" factor.

Archived