Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A blurb on Sam Shade

Mickalino

Football Insider reports that Sam Shade may be the next to restructure. I like the idea of Shade restructuring, as opposed to outright cutting him. Let's hope Sammy relents. In related news, Keith Lyle has been added as a strong candidate to fill Carrier's shoes.

[edited.gif by Mick on June 09, 2001.]

Shade, Deion, and Darrell are the last three Redskins slated to make over $1 million in base salary that have not yet agreed to restructure their contracts. You can bank on it that Shade will either restructure or pack his bags soon, followed shortly thereafter by Deion when Snyder figures out if he can get any bonus money back.

I hope Shade restructures also, but next year in the draft I wouldn't mind finding a replacement in the early rounds at that position. Shade is absolutely great at run support and is one of the better selections for a blitz, but Shade can't cover a two dollar bet. I wish we had a SS that could. Opposing TEs always seem to have monster games against us.

Kev -

Do you really think he's *that* great in run support? Given he's the extra body when the Skins put 8 men in the box... and given the Skins ranking against the rush the past few years.

We could do much better. We could also do worse.

------------------

I would personally like to thank Blade for giving me "The Squire" rank.

Shade and Wilkinson are examples of why the Redskins have not been a true contender in the 1990's. We have until this year consistently overpaid for solid or even at times average talent.

For what the team is paying these two we should have been seeing some pro bowl ballots being cast the past couple of years.

Instead, dead silence.

Archived