Redskins: 2-4

Green Bay: 2-4

New Orleans: 2-4

Chicago: 1-4

Arizona: 1-4

Carolina: 1-4

Tampa: 1-5

San Francisco: 1-5

Basically, except for a few teams, the entire NFC sucks...and the Skins, if nothing else, have one helluva defense, a top-tier running back, a true team spirit and maturity, and a HOF coach behind it all.

Now, if we could just get a QB... :D

Playoffs aren't out of the question just yet, both mathematically AND realistically...so I'm still excited and optimistic about the Skins making a good run at the playoffs, Brunell or no Brunell...even if the Skins ultimately don't make it in, it should still be a great ride, especially seeing Joe Gibbs in the front seat.

:cheers:

(ps: don't hold me to this after the Green Bay game...opinion is subject to wild fluctuation, and is only valid for 24 hours. Rules subject to change. Consult your physician.)

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Ah. I have a feeling though, that the Giants will break down. No way they make the playoffs.

I get that feeling, too...I'm not sold on the Giants just yet.

Besides, the Skins are much closer to being 4-2 than they are to being 0-6 or even 1-5...almost all of the other teams on that list have a defense which is ranked in the lower half of the league, some of them are literally at the bottom.

We have lots of reasons to hope:

Our D scheme is awesome

Our D line is under-rated and over-looked

The players are starting to learn the system (Portis learning the art of the pulling linemen run schemes)

Gibbs is starting to put in plays that fit the players (quick hitting runs for Portis)

Willingness to cut players (bye bye Walter - catch it before you run)

HOWEVER

We must have an Offense that will be respected in the run and pass. We have to show the ability to score three TD's on average and can score when the game is on the line.

:cheers: :cheers:

Originally posted by Eparadox

9-7 WILL get a wildcard this year, the NFC stinks, the Giants will not finish the season above 9-7...and we are 2-2 in the NFC, so as long as we go 7-3, I think we make the playoffs.

It's still a possibility, but 13 points a game won't cut it. Our offense needs to start clicking nearly immediately.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Ah. I have a feeling though, that the Giants will break down. No way they make the playoffs.

I say they get at least a Wild Card. They are on a roll. Tiki is on fire and looks like he going to have a "Jamal Anderson" type year. The team "looks" to have bought into Coughlin's system.

I agree. The bye couldnt have come at a better time. The first three games out of the break are winnable games. Packers, Cincy, Lions. Then things get fun with the division games coming back in the picure. We are the best of the bad, and we aint that bad! Here's to the second half!!! HTTR!!!

I was looking at the standings today and thinking the same thing. And with Dallas & Detroit underdogs this week, 2-4 may look even "better" a week from now. But with our margin for error razor thin the offense has to start putting up more points the rest of the way. It's hard to see beating GB without scoring > 20 pts.

Archived