Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RB/WR trade question?

Mr. S

Sorry, another fantasy post, i already posted in the appropriate section, but im too anxious and cnat wait for an eventual response. I trade Clinton Portis to get Reggie Wayne and Larry Fitzgerald. This is a total points league, Portis has 45 pionts right now, Wayne has 65, Fitz has 40.

My receivers now are Gardner, Conway, Colbert(just got him), Bradford, and Az Hakim benched(just got him too). My backs are Portis, Chris Brown, TJ Duckett, and Alstott, with Onterrio Smith benched for now. Is this trade worth it, my receivers really suck, and Portis has yet to do anything yet.

I'd definately do that. WIth the year Wayne's having, he's serving as a nice complimemntary reciever and is going to put up big numbers. GIven CP is going through a phase and going to get better, but you dont know how long it will take and how good he'll get. Wayne doesn't have these insecurities, and his stock is rising real high righ now. FItzgerald is doing well too.

THe way I'd work it is that I would work to get those 2 recievers and then try to ship something a WR or 2 and somebody for another back.

oh, i havent done the trade yet, but im considering it mainly cause Portis is not doing well yet, and Wayne so far has been the #1 receiver for Indy. Plus, with Peyton and the Colts, you can always expect a 200+ yard game on a slow day. I'll have to hear some more input I guess. I was actually thinking of somehow trading for another back after I did this. However, I am counting on good numbers from Onterrio Smith when he returns.

Archived