Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx will NEVER be a homefield advantage!!...

RonJeremy

Forgive me if this was posted earlier but I searched and couldn't find anything recent about this topic. I finally have come to the realization that FedEx Field will NEVER be a home field advantage for the Skins. I have been at every regular season game since the stadium opened and the crowd is getting worse. All off-season we had everyone say that the place will be rocking once Gibbs takes over.....well.....I'm waiting....still waiting!

The trend is that about 20-25% (my estimate) of the fans at the stadium are cheering for the visiting team. This will NEVER change. My theory is that once the Skins moved to the new stadium, a lot of the people on the list were ticket brokers or companies. The "new" season ticket holders aren't fans of the Skins AT ALL!!! The companies simple give the tickets to clients who they know are fans of other teams or they are just there for the amusment factor....not REDSKIN or FOOTBALL Fans! They either root for the other team or walk up and down the aisle all night spending $50 - $100 on beer and food. If you asked them the score and what quarter it is?...they wouldn't have a clue. The ticket brokers are selling them to the highest bidder...obviously. Usually fans of the other team.

The final problem is that the original season ticket holders are "older". They have had the tickets for 30 or more years and are getting up there in age. They can't get up and down like they used to and refuse to stand during the game....and they get VERY mad if someone does stand up.

All of this equals a lame crowd at FedEx. We had two big games there....MNF vs. the Cowboys and SNF vs. Ravens...and the crowd was full of people yawning! So to everyone that screams "give up your tickets and give them to a real fan"... it's a nice thought but it is NEVER going to happen. The Redskins will continue to make money for ticket brokers and the corporations think they are nice perk to give a client so this is what FedEx has become and will be FOREVER!

So, FedEx will NEVER be a home field advantage.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest!!!!

This team will begin to win and home field will come back.

The team has sold out for 40yrs. For the last decade the product on the field doesn't satisfy the customer. If you travel the league, all stadiums are the same. Hell Philly has a much larger market and until the last 5 years there games were being blacked out.

HAVE FAITH

Originally posted by xanathos19

All good...there are some points that you made that I don't think are mentioned in that threa, though!

Agreed that the place is really dissapointing me...not as loud or nowhere near a homefield advantage as it should be.

Just trying to give a perspective for the Extremeskins members who aren't fortunate enough to be able to attend games. A lot of people ask me why the crowd doesn't sound real loud on TV...this is my theory.

winning will bring back home field advantage. the team also needs some big plays to whoop up the crowd. the offense is doing nothing and the defense while impressive is not creating turnover to bring up the noise . one game against the ravens does not mean the d is consistently creating turnovers. hopefully it is a start though.

Ron,

Totally agree with you and was pretty pissed with the lack of skins fans/high # of Ravens fans at the game last night. I am however one of the lucky ones to get season tickets this year (only waiting about 5-6 years). I just wish that more of the season ticket holders that are lukewarm to this team would get fired up (If you don't lose you're voice or come pretty close, you're not doing your job!!!!!:coach: ) or give/sell their tickets to people that really want to get into these games.

That's my:2cents:

BRING ON THE 12TH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Ron, very good points,especially those about too many people just going to FedEx just to say they were there and taking very little interest in the game. People may think they're doing their part by putting on Redskins colors and looking cool, but if they're constantly walking in front of you to go down and stuff their faces, it defeats the purpose. I've gotten to the point where I was almost relieved when a couple in Ravens gear sat down next to me last night, because I figured there would be at least a decent chance that they would actually watch the game. And....surprise, surprise........they got up maybe once during the game, and that was all.

I think the crowd was decent in the first half, especially in backing the defense, but the offense's performance really deflated the crowd. In fact, it gets to the point where you start to feelnot excitement but pity for the defense when they have to go back out after another three-and-out. I really don't know how long the D is going to be able to hold it together.....but so far, they've been nothing short of stellar.

When the Skins start winning, there will be less available tickets for visiting team fans. This is the case with every team in the NFL. I am going to the Skins/Niners game this year, and judging by how bad the Niners are, I will bet there is going to be plenty of Redskins fans in those seats, just like in 2002.

bottom line, and I have stated this before...we have not won ANYTHING of signifigance since 1999. Despite this, the expectations of Redskins fans has got to remain at the highest level possible. A couple of division wins and, dare I say, hosting some playoff games will change this.

I have been to every game at Fed EX/JKC, and to many many games at RFK. I have also attended over 20 away games in the last 10 years. Tickets are readily available to any game you want to see anywhere in the league.

Funny thing is..I didnt hear too much from the Ratbird fans in the first half last night... Success will change everything.

The last point I want to make is, all I hear is moaning and groaning about this issue. This only makes the situation worse. Until we unite and become obnoxiously biased about OUR HOUSE, it will never get any better to those of you who continue to lose sleep over it.

Dont lose hope!!!!

Originally posted by NoCalMike

When the Skins start winning, there will be less available tickets for visiting team fans. This is the case with every team in the NFL. I am going to the Skins/Niners game this year, and judging by how bad the Niners are, I will bet there is going to be plenty of Redskins fans in those seats, just like in 2002.

What I was trying to say is that winning or losing, the tickets will always belong to a small number of real Redskins fans and the rest will continue to go to ticket brokers and companies. As long as there is demand for the tickets; the ticket brokers and companies will NEVER dump them and we will ALWAYS have this problem at FedEx. I believe if they haven't bailed on their season tickets since the stadium has opened (with the poor performance of the Skins during those years) they will keep them forever.

It has become more of a social event for a lot of people as opposed to a football game. Winning or losing, I don't see it changing. Most of the die hard fans will never get a shot at season tickets. It really bothers me!!

RJ,

I feel your pain but in fairness to the fans,the Skins haven't given us much to cheer about the last two games.

Not tp pile on Dan Snyder but he's got to cut the comercials.These things are a total buzz kill.Last night for example,I forget who it was but one of our special teamers laid the wood on a Raven.The crowd got pumped but since it was a change of possesion the big screens went straight to a comercial totally taking the life out of the crowd. At M&T there are NO comercials on the big screens ever!They would of shown that hit over and over again with some rockin music in the background bringing that crowd to a fever pitch.At Fed Ex it seems like the goal is to plug Papa Johns.

Originally posted by HTTR84

RJ,

I feel your pain but in fairness to the fans,the Skins haven't given us much to cheer about the last two games.

Not tp pile on Dan Snyder but he's got to cut the comercials.These things are a total buzz kill.Last night for example,I forget who it was but one of our special teamers laid the wood on a Raven.The crowd got pumped but since it was a change of possesion the big screens went straight to a comercial totally taking the life out of the crowd. At M&T there are NO comercials on the big screens ever!They would of shown that hit over and over again with some rockin music in the background bringing that crowd to a fever pitch.At Fed Ex it seems like the goal is to plug Papa Johns.

Very true!! I thought the same thing. They crushed the returner and then a commerical. At least the Mike Ditka erectile dysfunction commercials haven't surfaced this season....talk about a buzzkill last year. :doh:

It definitely kills the atmoshere and crowd noise when they blast you with Papa Johns, Diageo (?), and Popeyes commercials every five minutes.

The crowd was quite loud at the Dallas game.....even when we were in desperation mode. I get tired of the badmouthing of the fans to be honest. The Redskins have been sucking for going on 10+ years now.....and its the fan's fault???

When they start playing like they give a damn, and winning more than 1 game out of every 6, then if the fans aren't rocking, it'll be fair to criticize. I scream myself silly at every game I attend. I still can't wear a ring on my right hand from banging the seats at the Dallas game. And that accomplished nothing.

Give us something to cheer about damnit.

Its pretty simple IMO.

FedEX Field seats 90,000. There are not 90,000 diehard fans in this region who have the money, time, and/or desire to attend every game. That will never change. There will be big games at FedEX (hopefully) and the crowd will be loud, as it was against Dallas, but it will never be a week-in, week-out thing.

RFK Stadium was smaller and much easier to get in and out of, and the tickets were much cheaper. Blue collar people could go to games because less time and money needed to be expended to attend a game.

Archived