Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DC Curse

slinky

What's the point of blaming Snyder anyway? He's not going to sell the team no matter how much you want him to.

I don't blame Snyder completely for the Skins problems over the past several years, but I especially don't blame him this particular year.

Originally posted by Om

[P]art of that goes to Dan Snyder's impatience and hubris (my spin).

Absolutely. I think Dan is an egomaniac. Maybe that's why he's been so succesful in business, but it's not a great trait in an owner, just ask Jerry Jones after the 'Boys late 90's collapse.

And Om, as I'm sure you know, what's the classic result of hubris?

There is no D.C. curse and Snyder does not deserve the criticism in 2004. Joe Gibbs even said that if he fails, it will not be because of Dan Snyder.

The biggest shortcoming I have seen in the Skins over the past decade is the failure to draft or secure a really good quarterback. Since 1982 -- 22 years now -- we have only drafted a QB high -- first 3 rounds -- on three occasions. Jay Schroeder, Health Schuler and Patrick Ramsey. That is ridiculous when you consider that the QB is the most important position and handles the ball on every play. As a result we have had to bring in castoff retread QB's from other teams and that usually doesn't work.

Joe Gibbs was able to work miracles with Doug Williams and a low round draft pick (6th) named Mark Rypien. But think what this team might have been after Joe Gibbs left, if we could have drafted or found a really good quarterback who played for us for a decade or more -- like Brett Favre, Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Steve Young, etc. No wonder these organizations stayed on top and looked smart. :rolleyes:

My feelings are things really went down hill when Danny boy fired Charlie Casserly instead of Norv Turner.

Look at the team Casserly is building in Huston.

Until this team has a NFL veteran GM, we will be plagued by Danny boy's bad Fantasy Football personal decision.

Although Taylor and Cooley appear to be correct draft picks. To bad Danny gives away all his draft picks, because over the hill free agents are not the way to build a core group of players.

The O's got F'ed by that **** kid Jeffrey Mayer in NY against the Yanks in '96 and the rest is history.

The Yanks have made the playoffs every season since, and the O's haveb't been over .500 since '97 when they got F'ed by the umps against Cleveland in the '97 ALCS.

I SAY CURSE FOR THE SKINS AND THE O'S!

Do the Expos really want to come to DC?

Originally posted by SPACESKINS

I don't know about the other Washington teams but it does seem like a curse.

Maybe Danny should have had one of the Native Americans that came to town for the new museum to excercise the "demons" out of Fed Ex field.

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!

:laugh:

Okay, in all seriousness I don't know when or if the curse started. Maybe it's just fate? Maybe Gibbs just had to leave, we had to be desperate enough to bring him back, and when he did we'd be saved. Maybe it's fate that we slow start, people think he's crazy, and all of the sudden (MADDEN BOOM) we're winning again. Maybe it's fate, but I don't know. I'm just a kid. :)

Archived