Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ola Kicked Out

skinsfan51

From Redskins.com http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=3596

"In other moves, the Redskins have signed defensive lineman Nic Clemons and linebacker Steve Josue to the practice squad. The team released kicker Ola Kimrin and offensive lineman Ben Nowland from the practice squad."

I question that move. John Hall hasn't looked sharp to me so far (60% on FGs) and he's got two bad hammys to boot. Ola kicked well in the preseason. While I like Hall overall, I'm not sure it was wise to cut Kimrin at this time. If Hall's injuries linger it could be trouble for the kicking game all year. Any thoughts?

What are the Skins supposed to do if one of Hall's hammies acts up? Who will kick (and I'm talking about during the game, they can always sign a kicker during the week)? Do teams normally have two kickers on the starting roster, or do they have a Special Teamer that can kick in addition to tackle and/or block?

Not to mention that I don't think Ola was on the active roster anyway. So if something would have happened to Hall during the game, we would be in the same situation.

If something happens to Hall in the next day or two, they can just pick Ola back up. I really doubt there will be a mad rush for him now that he's on the market.

Just my take.

Archived