Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

give the ball to Ramsey

haraldjun

Brunell played mediocre last week, but I sucked it up and forgave him.

This week his work ethic and decisions are highly questionable. One more mistake and I have to agree, time to bench his veteran butt.

I'm also tired of Rod "I'll-give-you-a-great-catch-for-every-two-easy-drops" Gardner. And LaVar talking trash to the opponents when he has done absolutely nothing, except for one sack, in 2 weeks.. QUIT TALKING! PLAY FOOTBALL!!

We are getting used and abused and this has nothing to do with coaching. It has everything to do with the players.

Originally posted by Mr. S

Brunell is still displaying saavy veteran skill, I dunno if Ramsey can do that. However, I do want Ramsey in.

what skill are you talking about? fumbling the ball and throwing an interception? sliding with 12 seconds left in the quarter? TELL ME!!

Originally posted by Potato Sack

Brunell played mediocre last week, but I sucked it up and forgave him.

This week his work ethic and decisions are highly questionable. One more mistake and I have to agree, time to bench his veteran butt.

I'm also tired of Rod "I'll-give-you-a-great-catch-for-every-two-easy-drops" Gardner. And LaVar talking trash to the opponents when he has done absolutely nothing, except for one sack, in 2 weeks.. QUIT TALKING! PLAY FOOTBALL!!

We are getting used and abused and this has nothing to do with coaching. It has everything to do with the players.

Damn you are some harsh mo-fo's.

You're questioning Brunell's 'work ethic' ????

He's not playing well. Neither is Gardner. Neither is the o-line. But remember, its his first time in a new offensive system, with receivers he's only had a short time to work with.

Come on guys. Calm down. NY is a desperate team, playing at home, and we've made some critical mistakes. Games not over yet. And there's absolutely nothing to indicate the score would be any better with Ramsey in there.

Tarhog, this is the second game where I've yet to see a washington receiver make a catch IN STRIDE. This is why he is completely ineffective downfield because he throws to where they are and the defensive backs are all there by the time the ball gets there.

The giants have figured this out and brought the 8th man into the box. They are also looking for the only play Brunell can make, the screen or short pass to his left and right.

You can't blame receivers when this guy can't hit them in stride. BRUNELL is the problem.

Brunell has had 3 other surething INT's dropped this game, thank God. They are mostly in the open field where they could be returned for TDs. We're fortunate it's not worse. It's exactly what was anticipated of a Brunell led offense.

With Brunell at QB, we might as well have Trung back at TB and Thrash as our #1 WR, because 8 are going to stack the box with safeties drawn up tight, and no veryical looks for Coles.

I hate to see anyone hurt, but it may be in our best interests if he has a MILD ding here. I don't want anyone hurtingurt, but the fact that he is may allow us our only chance at getting a legitimate offense on the field. Make the most of it Patrick.

Ramsey looks much better, though thazt INT really hurts. The fact is that the penalty and the dropped pass put us in a bad position in the redzone. Ramsey being of benefit to this team is going to take a little evolution... The opponent will begin to respect his arm, we'll start getting more big play balls, and then as a result Portis (who has been horrid today) will begin to get better holes and less stacked boxes. It's reciprocal. It may take a little time, but it can/will work. Whereas Brunell's 1-dimensional play dooms our offense to stagnation and turnovers before it begins. Ramsey will flourish in this O if given a chance I would bet... and it's our best chance.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Ramsey's last play shows how silly this argument is.

I love the guy. But he's not the saviour. Brunell and Ramsey are both gifted, both flawed. Just like every other QB in the league.

Completely wrong. We're simpy a completely different, more versatile, vastly more potent team with Ramsey. He makes opposing teams account for all personnel and cover all sectors of the field. His ability to throw all routes, and incorporate the WRs in more than flats/screen, will eventually open up enormous holes for Portis in the future as well.

Ramsey is to this team what Rypien was to teams which utilized power running and playaction to a troika of great receivers in the 1990s. He'll lead them as far as they will let him, whereas Brunell's limitations inherently doom the team to 1 dimensional mediocrity. You will see that transpire.

Originally posted by txkid

Ramsey has the arm to stretch the G-Men. Good move now theat they will have to spread out now.

Our offense just looks much better with him behind center. However, Tarhog mde a good point that both QBs will show their share of flaws. Ramsey is young and hasn't been given much work at all this year. Bad INT by Ramsey there. However, the offense is much more open with him in there, and it has the ability to move the ball and score in bunches... something no Brunell offense can ever do.

Archived