Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

give the ball to Ramsey

haraldjun

Horrible INT. He was forced to scramble and then threw an ill-advised duck into double coverage. How is it that we can keep 7 gys into block, only releast 2 receivers, and still have a situation where our QB has to scramble for his life?? Tarhog was right that Ramsey's immature decision making has been exposed... I still think that is addressed with time, whereas Brunell's flaws are inherent. Nonetheless, point well made and there are obvious problems afoot that go far beyond QB play. Our terrible, terrible OL, RB play, propensity for TOs are examples.

Originally posted by afparent

Ramsey has costs us at least 13 points

Whereas Brunell never got us within range to score points, and was actually giving the opponent 14 points. It's been a poor performance across the board, and our OL and RB play have been major culprits as well.

Originally posted by Stormy

Whereas Brunell never got us within range to score points, and was actually giving the opponent 14 points. It's been a poor performance across the board, and our OL and RB play have been major culprits as well.

I dont think Brunell would have thrown some of those aweful interceptions. He may have not been great, but he may have just been better enough to get us the extra 7 points we needed.

I disagree. I've felt since training camp opened that the o-line seemed to play harder and block better for Brunell. I think the receivers might prefer Ramsey, just because he can thread the needle and get the ball there.

I think its certainly debatable.

Brunell has no long ball. The giants are BEGGING him to throw downfield and he can't. Our QB is making a vertical passing game look like a west coast offense.

Maybe you have a standard TV and can't see it, but on my high-def widescreen TV I can see that our receivers are almost never open downfield.

Archived