Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ny Post: Tiki: 'no Use' For Keyshawn

bubba9497

TIKI: 'NO USE' FOR KEYSHAWN

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/28670.htm

September 16, 2004 -- GIANT NOTES

The Giants, as usual, play the Cowboys twice this season. Maybe, just maybe, Tiki Barber will ask to play defense in one of those games — just to get a shot at Keyshawn Johnson.

The mouthy Cowboys receiver recently ripped Tiki's twin brother, Ronde, for siding with Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden in last year's Gruden-Johnson feud. Gruden labeled Johnson a distraction and deactivated him late in the season. Ronde Barber, a Pro Bowl cornerback, backed Gruden's decision.

Johnson recently lashed out, calling Ronde Barber an "Uncle Tom."

"He's trying to be political and kiss Gruden's butt," Johnson said.

Tiki Barber yesterday responded that Johnson's remarks were telling: "Keyshawn quit on that team last year; he didn't want to be there, it was obvious. To use the kind of language he uses to describe someone with the dedication of my brother proves to me what kind of character he has. I have no use for people like that."

CB Terry Cousin admitted he filed a complaint with the NFL Players Association because Tom Coughlin fined him $500 for not arriving early enough for a meeting in training camp. Coughlin's so-called "five-minute" rule dictates that players must arrive five minutes before the scheduled starting time.

LBs Barrett Green and Carlos Emmons were also fined, but said they did not ask the union to intervene. "We were fined, but I didn't appeal it," said Green, who clearly does not believe the fine was warranted.

Carl Francis, the NFLPA director of communications, yesterday said the union filed a grievance on behalf of the entire group. Francis also said Michael Strahan, who was recently fined $1,000 for not arriving "late," had been in contact with the union's legal department but had not yet filed an appeal.

Coughlin all but admitted he messed up by not informing Kurt Warner he was being replaced by Eli Manning late in last Sunday's 31-17 loss in Philly.

"Sometimes you don't get the chance to go down the list of protocol," Coughlin said. "I spoke to Kurt this morning and he said, 'don't worry about that.' "

I can't stand the fact that players like Keyshawn can quit on a team like that but get rewarded for it with another huge contract with another team. I also remember when he was first taken off the active roster by Coach Gruden. The embarrasment on his face as his spoke with the media (and tried to act all cool) was PRICELESS. I only hope to see that look again after the Monday Night game at FedEx.

It's not racist if he's talking about his own race.

But, he said he wanted to have words with Ronde when they next met. He made similar comments about Sapp in the article but doesn't wanna meet up with him :rolleyes:

I can't for Taylor to knock him out next week.:wewantd:

Actually, you can still be a racist even if your comments are directed towards your own race.

rac·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)

n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

However, I don't know that Meshawn's dumbass comment would qualify. Retarded and moronic, yes, but racist, probably not.

Originally posted by Chachie

I also remember when he was first taken off the active roster by Coach Gruden. The embarrasment on his face as his spoke with the media (and tried to act all cool) was PRICELESS. I only hope to see that look again after the Monday Night game at FedEx.

"Bill, I will not play for you!"

One of 345456 lies he told in that interview.

Can we please let this racist crap go. If you are not a minority and have not experience racism please stop commenting on it. I am black so I have experienced racist people and remarks like the n-word or "Uncle Tom" but coming from a black those words don't have the same meaning.

SO

To make this short, if you have not experienced racism please stop saying what is and what ain't racist because I'm sure you don't or are a little unclear about the situation.

P.S Stop with the definition of "racist" because trust me that don't mean SH*T.

Originally posted by dahurt002

Can we please let this racist crap go. If you are not a minority and have not experience racism please stop commenting on it. I am black so I have experienced racist people and remarks like the n-word or "Uncle Tom" but coming from a black those words don't have the same meaning.

SO

To make this short, if you have not experienced racism please stop saying what is and what ain't racist because I'm sure you don't or are a little unclear about the situation.

P.S Stop with the definition of "racist" because trust me that don't mean SH*T.

I experience racism as a caucasion at times. Don't think that it's exclusive to one race.

Archived