Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion on Joe Gibbs

Skinned

On Pardon the Interuption with Kornheiser and Wilbon, Deion was asked if he would have liked to have played for Joe Gibbs at somepoint over his career if Gibbs had been coaching:

Deion said: Loved too! Loved too! The guy is a winner. His credentials are impeccable.

And in Deion's sly, cool delivery he says: And I like him because he wears the shades in the daytime and the nighttime

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :allhail:

Deion may very well have picked the wrong horse in his comeback attempt. I don't see the Ravens as being that strong in 2004, they will contend for a playoff spot in a weak division but appear to be a likely early exit.

All the early offseason talk about these guys being Super Bowl bound was just ridiculous :)

Originally posted by bulldog

Deion may very well have picked the wrong horse in his comeback attempt. I don't see the Ravens as being that strong in 2004, they will contend for a playoff spot in a weak division but appear to be a likely early exit.

All the early offseason talk about these guys being Super Bowl bound was just ridiculous :)

If they were serious about making a Super Bowl run, they would bench Boller, admit that he is not ready and needs tutelage, and sign a solid veteran QB to lead. Reminds me of the Ramsey/Brunell scenario, except Gibbs got it right....

Deion has a big mouth, but can't back himself up more than half the time. He said he was going to return a punt big time at the Cleveland game and he got tackled after making like 5 yards. Watch the ESPN Sportscenter highlights of the game. They say something like: "Oh and like Deion said, he is gonna return a punt for oooh, uhhh, errr...whatever." You know what I think? I think he just wants to make a quick buck, and then he'll quit early again like with us, saying: "Oh I just lost the fire, again."

deion is a mediocre player thats been overrated by nearly every sports caster and writer, the only reason people like him is cause he runs his mouth. Yeah whatever he got a bunch of interceptions, if they threw that much to fred smoots side that many times he would be a pro bowler/hall of famer in 5 years too...

Originally posted by steveskins

^Deion hardly ruined our season. If I remember correctly we had the #4 ranked defense in 2000 and our achilee's heel was the fact that we had a TERRIBLE kicking game and our offense under-achieved compared to '99.

Deion sucked for us. His individual play is one thing, but we did not win. His chemistry hurt us. We would have been a better team, minus Bruce Smith and Neon. Offense wins games, defense wins championships, but chemistry builds dynasties.

I knew most of the people on this board hated Deion, but doesn't everybody think this is a little extreme? He performed well under us, not by Deion standards but was still a very good corner for us. And he won that Bucs game for us with the punt return. I understand that he left prematurely and I'm mad at him for that too, but to deny the ability that he has and more importantly had, that's ridiculous.

The man couldn't tackle well but as a cover corner and playmaker, he rivaled anyone that's ever played the cornerback position.

Originally posted by cphil006

Deion sucked for us. His individual play is one thing, but we did not win. His chemistry hurt us. We would have been a better team, minus Bruce Smith and Neon. Offense wins games, defense wins championships, but chemistry builds dynasties.

You have to get that first superbowl before you start worrying about making a team a dynasty.

Originally posted by Johnny_Blaze

deion is a mediocre player thats been overrated by nearly every sports caster and writer, the only reason people like him is cause he runs his mouth. Yeah whatever he got a bunch of interceptions, if they threw that much to fred smoots side that many times he would be a pro bowler/hall of famer in 5 years too...

Ummm...in his prime, people gameplanned to NOT throw to Deion Sanders side of the field. Smoot gets thrown at at least twice as much as Deion ever did.

And he can't even cover Antonio Bryant. Let's not compare Fred Smoot to Deion Sanders, ok?

Archived