Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion on Joe Gibbs

Skinned

Originally posted by Primetime42

Ummm...in his prime, people gameplanned to NOT throw to Deion Sanders side of the field. Smoot gets thrown at at least twice as much as Deion ever did.

And he can't even cover Antonio Bryant. Let's not compare Fred Smoot to Deion Sanders, ok?

Uuuuummmmm...get off of deion's jock already. Yes, he WAS a great COVER corner. He's a has been.

Originally posted by atlhawksfan

You have to get that first superbowl before you start worrying about making a team a dynasty.

Let me put it like this. Aside from the Atlanta Falcons-Jamal Anderson one year fluke, chemistry gets you to a Super Bowl as well. In other words: Glory years...and yes, it will bring the first Super Bowl. Deion won the big dance before, but he was a small part of a large team effort. As far as being the best corner ever, no way. Biggest mouth, hell yes. I still have memories of Art Monk burning him up and down the field...

I knew most of the people on this board hated Deion, but doesn't everybody think this is a little extreme?

This is... after all the ExtremeSkins board.

You may be a little young for this, but at RFK Deion Sanders "mooned" the crowd like Terrell Owens did on the star at Dallas. It'd be like Owens going to play for Parcells now. How do you think Dallas fans would receive him? Expect loud cheering in Arlington if Dat Nguyen breaks his neck this year.

Deion taunted us from the endzone (flipped us off maybe?) and the Skins blasted them by putting up like 50 points that game (if memory serves...and I have the right game.) Anyway, if Dan Snyder was a true Redskins fan and not a fantasy football guy then he would NEVER have signed the evil one.

Sanders is poison and you will never convince me different. He's the biggest phony in sports and I don't care what fellow teammates say. I will always hate him no matter where he plays, but it really hurt to have him here in DC.

My greatest game moment at RFK was when we rained down seat cushions while shouting "Deeeeeeyon" "Deeeeeeyon" when he was returning a kick. He accidentally stepped on one of the cushions and went skating all over the place on the soggy field. It was beautiful.

I always was against the signing of Deion. In fact, after his first season I said I wasn;t going to cut my hair until Deion was off the team, so luckily by the time it got too long and looked like crap, he retired rather than play for Marty. You never sign major ex-Cowboys...I always disliked Norv Turner... I liked Spurrier and Marty more than Norv. Norv was the 7-year itch finally gone...Deion was the one-year blunder...

Deion is an overated bum... He ruined our season that year and I hope rod gardner gives him a forearm shiver to the jaw when we play the ****birds...

Oh please. Ruined our season? If you don't like the guy because he is a shameless, self promoting, obnoxious windbag, show boat that's one thing.

The reasons the 'Skins finished 8-8 that year are literally too numerous to mention. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Reaganaut

This is... after all the ExtremeSkins board.

You may be a little young for this, but at RFK Deion Sanders "mooned" the crowd like Terrell Owens did on the star at Dallas. It'd be like Owens going to play for Parcells now. How do you think Dallas fans would receive him? Expect loud cheering in Arlington if Dat Nguyen breaks his neck this year.

Deion taunted us from the endzone (flipped us off maybe?) and the Skins blasted them by putting up like 50 points that game (if memory serves...and I have the right game.) Anyway, if Dan Snyder was a true Redskins fan and not a fantasy football guy then he would NEVER have signed the evil one.

Sanders is poison and you will never convince me different. He's the biggest phony in sports and I don't care what fellow teammates say. I will always hate him no matter where he plays, but it really hurt to have him here in DC.

My greatest game moment at RFK was when we rained down seat cushions while shouting "Deeeeeeyon" "Deeeeeeyon" when he was returning a kick. He accidentally stepped on one of the cushions and went skating all over the place on the soggy field. It was beautiful.

That's not the point I was making. I'm not a Deion Sanders fan and that definitely has to do with me being a Redskins fan. I'm sure there are fans that like him less than me, lots of them and I certainly don't doubt whether it's justified. I just think that letting your hatred of him get in the way of your opinion of him as a player is crazy. To say that he wasn't a very good player or was a bum, etc., makes it look like you don't know football. Because anyone who knows football, knows how great a player Deion was(whether you liked him or not).

Reaganut Wrote: My greatest game moment at RFK was when we rained down seat cushions while shouting "Deeeeeeyon" "Deeeeeeyon" when he was returning a kick. He accidentally stepped on one of the cushions and went skating all over the place on the soggy field. It was beautiful.

Feel free to hate on Deion. I still have two uninflated cushions from that game. It was a huge win. That said, Deion took a kick back for a score against us in the regular season that year. They were pretty much kicking away from Deion from that point on. Deion was a freak no matter what your intense dislike for him tells you. A freak.

Also, Bill Parcells has no I'll will for T.O. He was not the Cowboys coach when T.O. pulled that stunt.

Hate on bro'!

Archived