Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) Hugh Douglas Released by Jags

typhoon55

Will new pass interference emphasis ruin NFL defenses?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will new pass interference emphasis ruin NFL defenses?

• Yea, football is a contact sport. Pretty soon they are going to ban jamming the reciever at the line.
    • No, it will balance out. (more offensive PI)
    • No it will balance out because both offenses will be able to score alot of points. Who cares about defense anyway?
    • Who cares

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

I know somebody did not compare the Jags D line to ours:doh: They have one of the best young DT's in the game and their DL was one of their strenghts last year.

Right there you said it. DT's not DE and Douglas is a DE. Yes they do have a good set of DT’s, along with a well-coached and talented secondary but they can’t rush the passer to save their lives. Cutting Hugh just shows how much his skills have gone down in the past few years.

Quote from profootballtalk.com

"Douglas, says a league source, already is generating interest. We're told that the Eagles and the Redskins will pursue his services, which could enable him either to get another big-money deal as these two NFC East rivals battle it out. "

Interesting......

Originally posted by Number5

"Douglas, says a league source, already is generating interest. We're told that the Eagles and the Redskins will pursue his services, which could enable him either to get another big-money deal as these two NFC East rivals battle it out. "

Interesting......

Well that blows up my thinking, I'm just wondering.............. What room do we have for another "big money" deal?

Interesting......

Where on the site did Dave talk about Hugh?

The EMB has the entire waiver rule book posted up there.

It would be nice to have a starting D-Line of Kearse, Simon, Walker, and Douglas......talk about a PASS RUSH!

**Note to Redskins fans.......SHUT UP.......I know you guys are waiting to say, well what about your run defense! BLAH!***

It would be nice to have a starting D-Line of Kearse, Simon, Walker, and Douglas......talk about a PASS RUSH!

**Note to Redskins fans.......SHUT UP.......I know you guys are waiting to say, well what about your run defense! BLAH!***

But what about your run D!!!!!!!!!!!!..... ;-)

:rolleyes: :eaglesuck

More info.....

From Comcast Sportsnet.com.....Under Philadelphia

Eagles in Discussions with Douglas

Andy Schwartz

ComcastSportsNet.com

First, Jeremiah Trotter.

Is Hugh Douglas next?

On Monday, Douglas was released by the Jacksonville Jaguars. According to his agent Drew Rosenhaus, the three-time Pro Bowl defensive end is in discussions with the Eagles about making a return to Philadelphia, where he played from 1998-2002. The Eagles have confirmed that discussions have taken place.

“He’s very interested,” Rosenhaus said. “We were surprised that he was released by Jacksonville. It was more of an economic decision more than anything else.

“Hugh’s healthy. The Eagles are a definite possibility, and it’s something we’ll be working on within the next couple of days.”

Rosenhaus said Douglas has also been in contact with the Redskins, Giants and Bears.

Douglas, a 10th-year veteran who turned 33 last week, would give the Eagles much-needed depth on their defensive line, which has already lost starter N.D. Kalu to a season-ending knee injury. The Eagles acquired Douglas in 1998 in a trade with the Jets, and Douglas paid immediate dividends, recording 12½ sacks. After knee and biceps injuries limited him to only four games in 1999, Douglas rebounded to make the Pro Bowl in each of the next three seasons, when he compiled a combined 37 sacks.

Despite being hampered by knee problems in 2002, his fifth and final year with the Eagles, Douglas played all 16 games and registered 12½ sacks. After signing a five-year deal with Jacksonville that offseason, Douglas played in all 16 games with the Jaguars but managed only 3½ sacks and 31 tackles.

(more coming ... )

E-mail Andy Schwartz

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Blasphemy.

Maybe..... just I'm starting to really hate everything about the Eagles...especially most of their fans..(not you in particular) It seems I meet more Cowboy fans I can (at least) get along with; than I do Eagles fans.

It seems to me that they're a lot of quality Eagles' fans out there, I'm just meeting very few of them:2cents:

You just gotta meet one who is wearing a Dawkins or Westbrook jersey.

Anyone with a Herschel Walker jersey is just plain old wrong! :-)

You live in Phily..so I guess your alright.

A couple of things to rant about...

1) I wasn't that upset about the whole cheering when Michael Irvin went down thing....the guy would purposedly irritate all fans with his over dramativ first down motions. And you Philly fans didn't know his spine was bruised. So basically, I'm not saying you should've cheered, (Chris Rock's voice) but I understand.

2) I understand the whole "I'm living up to the intimidating reputation thing" in Phili...just don't bring it to Fedex. There's some of us, that just don't feel like fighting no matter how drunk your acting..(goes for idiot Skins fans too)

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

You live in Phily..so I guess your alright.

A couple of things to rant about...

1) I wasn't that upset about the whole cheering when Michael Irvin went down thing....the guy would purposedly irritate all fans with his over dramativ first down motions. And you Philly fans didn't know his spine was bruised. So basically, I'm not saying you should've cheered, (Chris Rock's voice) but I understand.

2) I understand the whole "I'm living up to the intimidating reputation thing" in Phili...just don't bring it to Fedex. There's some of us, that just don't feel like fighting no matter how drunk your acting..(goes for idiot Skins fans too)

The one thing I hate about being an Eagle fan is the stereotypes. I was at Fed Ex 2 years ago, and I didn't talk not a word of trash. I would cheer for my team when they scored or made a big play, but for the most part there was no rubbing it in. This guy thought it would be a good idea to reach over the seat in front of him and flip my hat off and flip my friends sunglasses off his head. I hate how people come to Eagle fans almost expecting to fight.

Originally posted by jakehunter

The one thing I hate about being an Eagle fan is the stereotypes. I was at Fed Ex 2 years ago, and I didn't talk not a word of trash. I would cheer for my team when they scored or made a big play, but for the most part there was no rubbing it in. This guy thought it would be a good idea to reach over the seat in front of him and flip my hat off and flip my friends sunglasses off his head. I hate how people come to Eagle fans almost expecting to fight.

Again, I don't condone that type of behavior from any fan....that was your stereotypical pugnacious drunk fan. I don't mind trash talking or booing. I do think you should respect an opponent and their fans; if your acting like an idiot while routing for the opposing team...you will probably find a drunk Redskins fan not wanting to put up with it. Please do not touch, spit, or throw things at opposing fans. There's nothing I hate more than the young punks that I see roaming around after Eagles-Redskins games...they have that drunk look in their eyes; just looking for a fight..

Archived