Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Dave Matthews supports Kerry

SnyderShrugged

Dave Matthews Band to Play Kerry Benefit

6/22/2004 4:16:28 PM

Dave Matthews Band is included on the roster of artists scheduled to perform at the July 8 New York City Concert benefiting the "Kerry Victory Committee 2004". The Kerry Campaign and Democratic National Committee announced that Mary J. Blige, John Mellencamp, Jon Bon Jovi, and Wyclef Jean among others are also scheduled to perform at the NY benefit on the 8th at Radio City Music Hall.

Speaking about the upcoming concert, Dave Matthews said, "Whether one is talking about the economy or the environment, jobs, workers' rights or education, national security or the war on terror, John Kerry is the only choice. A vote for John Kerry is a vote for a stronger, safer, better America."

environment

http://www.dmband.com/news/news_archive.asp?NewsType=0&showall=true

Today's news: So much for that environmental concern, huh?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040825/ts_alt_afp/us_music_offbeat_040825181502

Dave Matthews Band faces fine for dumping tour bus sewage

43 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AFP to My Yahoo!

CHICAGO (AFP) - Members of The Dave Matthews Band, who have a reputation for clean-cut sensitivity, found themselves in a messy situation this week, as they were charged with improperly flushing sewage from their tour bus.

AFP/File Photo

The band's tour bus driver dumped a tankful of human waste from a bridge onto a Chicago tour boat, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan alleged. Both the driver, Stefan Whol, and the band were charged.

The complaint, filed late Tuesday, said Whol was driving the bus across a bridge over the Chicago River when the waste was released.

It sloshed through a grate in the bridge and spattered dozens of passengers on the upper deck of a boat conducting an architectural cruise.

Some of the passengers suffered nausea and vomiting following the August 8 incident, and five went to a local hospital for tests.

A publicist for the band issued a statement Tuesday saying, "Our driver has stated that he was not involved in this incident. We reserve any judgment until we see the evidence."

Whol was on his way to pick up a band member at a hotel on Chicago's swanky Michigan Avenue at the time.

The complaint, filed in Cook County Circuit Court, accuses Whol and the band of water pollution, discharge of a contaminant into a waterway and creating a public nuisance.

The state is seeking 70,000 dollars in civil penalties.

The band was in Chicago to play shows in East Troy, in the neighboring Midwestern US state of Wisconsin.

Is this another whoopie moment?

Why wouldn't I vote for Kerry after seeing advice from some political heavy-hitters such as Dave Matthews, Mary J. Blige, John Mellencamp and Jon Bon Jovi? I'm glad they feel the need to tell me what's best and they have my best interests in mind... ;)

Nick

Originally posted by codeorama

As a guitar player, I'm waiting to hear Jimmy Page's opinion, that will really convince me... oh wait, he's british.

Since when has being from another country stopped musicians from telling Americans how to vote?

CoughBONOCough

Nick

As a guitar player, I'm waiting to hear Jimmy Page's opinion, that will really convince me... oh wait, he's british.

:laugh:

Nice Code! How the he!! are ya?

My favorite part of the story is that the 850lbs poop was dumped

onto tourists on a boat below the bridge. I bet they don't sing alomg with "what would you say" any longer!

The candidates have to hate it when a supporter messes up! It's happened to both Bush and Kerry.

But hey,

if you go out on a limb and beg support from a famous person, you kind of have to suck up the flack that follows.

As a guitar player myself (albeit weak), I will wait to hear Warren DeMartini's opinion.

That's a great explanation too. Of all these celebs and entertainers, I've only heard 1 person actually make an intelligent case to vote for Kerry, and that was Ben Affleck, which is kind of sad when you think of it. Everybody else thinks saying Bush sucks is going to rally votes for their cause.

And anyone who goes to a concert to help them decide who to vote for shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

Today's news: So much for that environmental concern, huh?

How can anyone blame Dave Matthews, or his band, for this? One of the tour BUS DRIVERS did it when nobody in the band was even on the bus! sh*tty bus driver, for sure (no pun intended), but that's about it.

Find another band that gives over 60% of their net profit to charity, mainly environmental, and get back to me.

Originally posted by posse

How can anyone blame Dave Matthews, or his band, for this? One of the tour BUS DRIVERS did it when nobody in the band was even on the bus! sh*tty bus driver, for sure (no pun intended), but that's about it.

Find another band that gives over 60% of their net profit to charity, mainly environmental, and get back to me.

Amazed at some of the support shown for the Dave Matthews Band.

I'm personally a huge fan, but I didn't expect it on a skins forum. :)

Anyway, it was a pretty sh**ty situation that I would rather not talk about.

Originally posted by Chris 44

So the question begs to be answered...Who weighed the poop to come up with 850 lbs number?

I think it was just an estimate. Take the band, the crew, figure out how much they'll relieve themselves after they get the munchies around 2:00AM, then add together... ;)

Nick

I am SO glad these performers know whats right and better America!!! They are so in touch with ALL of us that it is just like this board endorsing Kerry!?!?!?!? Screw these people, they have nothing else to do, but to feel better about themselves by thinking they are doing something for America. They have NO idea how we live or how we feed families.

Archived