Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Top 10 Defensive Players

SkinzFan007

The two guys that are suspect to me is Dwight Freeney, and Urlacher. Lacher had a down year. His play last year proved that Ted Washington and the other guy where more valuable than the Bears thought. Urlacher needs somebody to take up the blockers to be effective. I like Dwight but is he really better than Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, or Roy Williams? What about Simeon Rice? He's proved to be a serious force off the right side. ESPN needs to do their homework.

Originally posted by panel

I say the 10 they chose is pretty much right, but the order isn't.

There are no safties on that list, there should be.

I disagree. A safety happens to be my favorite player, but they can't have as big of an impact as every other defensive position. Safeties are capable of making a good defense elite, but not a bad defense good...

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

The two guys that are suspect to me is Dwight Freeney, and Urlacher. Lacher had a down year. His play last year proved that Ted Washington and the other guy where more valuable than the Bears thought. Urlacher needs somebody to take up the blockers to be effective. I like Dwight but is he really better than Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, or Roy Williams? What about Simeon Rice? He's proved to be a serious force off the right side. ESPN needs to do their homework.

Well, dwight has had 25 sacks in his first two years, but that doesn't mean he is better than rice. Urlacher had a sub par year, and he should move about two slots back...

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

It's debatable whether or not Freeney is better than those you've mentioned. Freeney does get constant pressure of the edge in the run and passing game. He also causes a lot of fumbles.

Originally posted by mcfara

CHARLES WOODSEN Are you kidding me. How can this guy not be mentioned in the same class as ty law and chris mccallister. he is every bit the shutdown corner those guys are

not last year...

I was thrown off by Chris instead of Kris. He's definitely the best DT in the league. Although, mine would look a little something like this:

1.Ray Lewis

2.Kris Jenkins

3.Mike Strahan

4.Jason Taylor

5.Chris McAlister

6.Champ Bailey

7.Donnie Edwards

8.Ty Law

9.Simeon Rice

10.LaVar Arrington

It's really tough, I thought I would have a safety on there in either Reed or Dawkins but after you make the list you realize that there isn't really room for them.

10. Jason Taylor-OK, I GUESS

9. Dwight Freeney-AGREE

8. Lavar Arrington-WILL MOVE UP THIS YEAR

7. Chris McCallister-BEAST

6. Brian Urlacher-OVERATED

5. Champ Bailey-HYPED BECAUSE OF TRADE

4. Ty Law-LAST YEAR I AGREE

3. Michael Strahan-SEEN HIS BEST DAYS

2. Chris Jenkins-BEAST

1. Ray Lewis-BEAST

Originally posted by Bmoreravens4life
its pretty accurate, but yeh, Bryan Dawkins and Roy Williams shoulda been there, as well as Sean Taylor for next year.

Umm, Ed Reed?? Can you redskins fans be any more ignorant?

Umm, can you be any more on the wrong board? Suggest Ed if you want but there's no reason for insults.

Take off LaVar and put Derrick Brooks. Period. Defensive Player of the year and does everything; pass coverage, pass rush, forces turnovers. Brian Dawkins should be on there for sure, he's a true enforcer. And I'd also put Peppers instead of Freeney, Peppers is a liability on every single play and you have to keep him in mind for every play call.

Originally posted by semiskin

What about Richard Seymour fo the Pats?

Can't believe he's not on the list either.... or ANYBODY's list. Guy was top 5 defensive player last year imo.

The more and more I think about it this list is a joke.

Julian Peterson, Marcus Stroud anybody?

Here goes my list

1. Ray Lewis

2. Kris Jenkins

3. Michael Strahan

4. Richard Seymour

5. Chris McAlister

6. Marcus Stroud

7. Ty Law

8. LaVar Arrington

9. Champ Bailey

10. Julian Peterson