Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The inside scoop on Ogun trade news - Ogun only asking for $11 Mil

Here is the UP TO THE MINUTE Ogun news. Ogun is reportedly only asking for $11 million signing bonus! Thats a bargain considering that DE Grant Wistrom got a $14+ million SB from Seattle.

Did you hear that Jboom? :laugh:

-- Packers Shun Ogunleye --

Thu Aug 19, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports Packers director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie said the team has neither the cap room nor the inclination to acquire Miami Dolphins restricted free agent DE Adewale Ogunleye (holdout). Ogunleye balked at signing the restricted free-agent tender of $1.824 million, has demanded a trade and is holding out. Ogunleye, 27, started for the last two seasons at left end and had 24 1/2 sacks.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus has suggested that Ogunleye wants a signing bonus in the range of $11 million, which the Packers paid DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila in April 2003. The Dolphins want at least a first-round draft choice but no trade would happen unless Ogunleye got a multiyear deal.

I don't know if anyone posted this yet but here it is.

Deal with Dolphins rumored

Trade talks could involve Morgan or Andre Davis

By Brian Windhorst

Beacon Journal staff writer

BEREA - Rumors have been circulating around the NFL this week that the Browns and Miami Dolphins are talking trade.

ESPN reported the Browns might be offering receivers Andre Davis or Quincy Morgan for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye. Earlier in training camp, third-string running back James Jackson's name was tied to a Miami rumor.

With the stunning retirement of Ricky Williams and potential season-ending injuries to receivers David Boston and Kendall Newsom, the Dolphins are looking for help at the skill positions. Ogunleye, who had 15 sacks to lead the AFC last season, is currently holding out of training camp looking for a new contract.

``It's not a distraction,'' Morgan said. ``There's a hundred other things that can distract you more than that.

``It's the business, that's how it is. I like it here. I like my guys. I want to stay here.''

If it was up to quarterback Jeff Garcia, there wouldn't be an issue.

``That needs to be shut off right away. I think Quincy is a valuable asset to this team,'' Garcia said. ``It is important to keep this team together the way it is because we've been working hard and moving a certain direction together.''

Browns coach Butch Davis declined to comment on the rumors. A league source said the Browns have spoken to the Dolphins involving James Jackson but not any wide receivers.

Morgan, who is in the final year of his contract, said he's heard his name in trade rumors since 2002, when he caught 56 passes for 964 yards and seven touchdowns. Last season, his numbers dipped to 38 catches for 516 yards and three touchdowns.

``After 2002, everybody and their mama wanted to get me,'' Morgan said. ``Maybe after last season, they'll be quick to ship me out.''

Originally posted by IAMBG

I think we can definitely cross him off the list of peeps of interest.

It's too late and he is likely not in shape.

Oh well. :(

If we could get him in the next week it would still be fine. The season doesn't start for 24 days. A DE doesn't need all the reps that guys at other positions need because there aren't as many schemes for him. What makes it work or not is more what we have to give up for him and what we have to pay him than whether he's at full strength on opening day or not.

Originally posted by TLusby

Maybe this would open up a trade with the Browns to get C. Brown or K. Lang. I would take either one. C. Brown needs a change in scenery.

Courtney Brown needs healthy legs not a change of scenery. Lang - been there done that. Neither is much of an upgrade from what we have now.

Originally posted by Jimbo

Gardner and Betts would be a better deal for the Fins that Morgan or Davis and Jackson AND we're in a different conference. :deal:

For a guy that is willing to sit out, Miami is under the gun to get the trade. The Redskins wont have to offer that much to get him. If it is true that he only wants around an $11 mil SB and his incentives arent that far fetched, I cant imagine us not leading the pack in this deal.

We are not desperate so no since in giving up too much.

Ogun is not a part of any trade talks between Miami and the Browns.

And as far as Jim Brown is concerned, the friggin womanizer and dope head, should get his own life straightened out first, before addressing the team's young players. :mad:

=====================================

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1092907999126290.xml

Jackson swap a possibility; WRs stay put

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Mary Kay Cabot - Plain Dealer Reporter

The Miami Dolphins have inquired about trading for several of the Browns' skill players and were told they could get their hands on one of them, running back James Jackson, at the right price, according to a league source.

The source said that although Miami reportedly inquired about trading for wide receivers Quincy Morgan or Andre Davis, the Browns were not likely to trade one of their young starters.

Told Wednesday that Jeff Garcia wants to keep the offense together, coach Butch Davis said, "So do I."

But the Browns would be willing to deal Jackson, 28, their third-round pick in 2001, if they could get a decent draft pick for him. The Dolphins, one of several teams that have inquired about Jackson, are desperate to replace retired running back Ricky Williams.

Jackson, who grew up in Bell Glade, Fla., and played at the University of Miami, has indicated he would like to go somewhere he can play. Here, he mostly will sit behind Lee Suggs and William Green. Jackson, who has started only six games the past two seasons, rushed for 554 yards on 195 carries in his rookie season.

According to the source, Dolphins holdout defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, the AFC's sack leader in 2003, has not been mentioned in trade talks with the Browns.

Garcia votes no:

Asked specifically about Morgan, Garcia urged the Browns not to trade him.

"I've heard the rumors, and that's something that needs to be shut off right away," he said. "Quincy is a valuable asset to this team. Personally, he's a valuable asset to me on the field, and I don't want to have to go through a sense of filling in that position because of what he brings to the table.

"I think it's important to keep this team together just the way it is because we've been working hard together. The only way we'll be able to achieve what we want as an offense is if we keep this solid nucleus together."

Morgan said he would prefer to stay. "I love these guys, and change is hard," he said. "If it happens, it happens. I don't like change, and I don't like to leave my guys, but you're talking about Miami, some of the best weather in the world."

Morgan said he has heard such trade talk before. "After the 2002 season, everybody and their mom was trying to get me," he said. "The Browns weren't letting me go anyway after that. Maybe after last season, they'd be quick to ship me out."

Extra points:

The Browns signed veteran offensive lineman Jason Anderson. . . . Hall of Famer Jim Brown addressed the team Wednesday night. . . . Cornerback Roosevelt Williams was carted off Wednesday with an apparent ankle injury.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

Archived