Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT:Hurricane Charley Home Footage, Have to see this

sean42

Wow, that is incredible footage! My sister-in-law lives in Northport, I believe is between you in Tampa & Sanibel/Captiva. Their house is a wreck, but everyone is safe, thank goodness. I hope you and your loved ones also made it through safely...

I have to guiltily admit that Raymond James Stadium is awsome and probably the coolest stadium I have ever seen. I had the distinct pleasure of going to that last game of yours the year before Gruden & the Superbowl arrived for you.. I cheered along with your fans against the hated Eagles for the last game of the season - we had such a blast, even though the game meant nothing. We got great tickets from a scalper on a corner, and ended up on the goal line about 10 rows off the field!!! Don't know about other people, but my experience with those Bucs fans was a great one. I told them I was a huge Skins fan & they said "Thats okay - you dont like the Eagles, right???" Fit right in!! Still have my beads they generously gave us and those foam pirate machette's....

I see you are relatively new here so...Welcome aboard!

:cheers: (Thats ROOT beer for you!!) :D

What a bunch of dumbasses standing in front of a window like that, in that type of storm. Good footage, but the chances of something flying though and busting that window were too great.

I'd try to be a bit more safe instead of trying to film the storm.

Originally posted by IAMBG

What a bunch of dumbasses standing in front of a window like that, in that type of storm. Good footage, but the chances of something flying though and busting that window were too great.

well he was standing perpendicular to the wind......

If the wind was coming AT the window I'd imagine we would be seeing his name in the obituaries and not the weather section.:doh:

Originally posted by SkinsLover

Wow, that is incredible footage! My sister-in-law lives in Northport, I believe is between you in Tampa & Sanibel/Captiva. Their house is a wreck, but everyone is safe, thank goodness. I hope you and your loved ones also made it through safely...

I have to guiltily admit that Raymond James Stadium is awsome and probably the coolest stadium I have ever seen. I had the distinct pleasure of going to that last game of yours the year before Gruden & the Superbowl arrived for you.. I cheered along with your fans against the hated Eagles for the last game of the season - we had such a blast, even though the game meant nothing. We got great tickets from a scalper on a corner, and ended up on the goal line about 10 rows off the field!!! Don't know about other people, but my experience with those Bucs fans was a great one. I told them I was a huge Skins fan & they said "Thats okay - you dont like the Eagles, right???" Fit right in!! Still have my beads they generously gave us and those foam pirate machette's....

I see you are relatively new here so...Welcome aboard!

:cheers: (Thats ROOT beer for you!!) :D

thanks, I remember that game too. My dad, my sister and me have season tickets and although we sit in the very top row of the stadium, it is still a great experience. Fun times, and getting back out to RayJay last night was a lot of fun too. But anyways, that Philthy game was weird, we were playing them in week 17 and then going to Philthy to play them the following weekend for wildcard weekend. Both teams were playing it like a preseason game because the Iggles already had the 3rd position locked up and we had the 6th. So no matter what our positioning wasnt changing so we were basically playing a preseason game. Not very exciting, but a game against Philthy always has drama no matter what the circumstances. Its nice that everyone shares a hate for Philthy. Even during the monday night game against the Giants last season I remember Bucs and Ginats fans saying very similar things. Like agreeing that we both hate the Iggles so could share a truce for the time. The stadium is great, 2nd largest scoreboard and replay screens. Giant boat with people partying it up around it all game long. Until we enter the redzone and all the red flags are raised around the top rim of the stadium, with cannons blowing off (god those things are unbearably loud when your sitting right under the ship). A young crowd that gets very loud and into games (dont have to worry about half the stadium being sold out to business men talking on cell phones all game...not trying to start anything but...).

Everything was OK for us here in Tampa during the hurricane, luckily. It was supposed hit dead on with us like you saw in that video in Punta Gorda. It just took an unexpected turn very late. There was an eery atmosphere for awhile with swirling and howling windds, but maybe a 5 minute shower all day and nothing else. My uncle in Daytona Beach however, got caught by that unexpected turn and said his entire dog training facility began to rumble when things got bad, his entire fence at his house was torn out, and all the power was out. He and the rest of his family were fine though.

Originally posted by SkinsLover

North Port is on one side of Charlotte harbor, and Port Charlotte on the other with Punta Gorda a little south of that. Your not hearing a lot about North Port, and they got hit pretty hard. The eye came a bit closer to them then it did to me but they were on the north side of the storm.

Originally posted by IAMBG

That's why I don't have any vidio, it's not worth the risk.

Wow, that was crazy! I have friends who live in Tampa and since the strom was headed that way, went to Orlando. The storm changed and went thru Orlando...they said the hotel didn't get too bad. When they got home, all was well.

Archived