Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley

Golgo-13

I was at the game and was watching Cooley very closely. I have to say that I was very impressed with him and feel like he could possibly contribute even as early as this season. He has good size, good speed and great hands. I think that he will fit Gibbs' H-back role to a T.

Well, you have to figure that Joe knew what he was doing when he traded up to go after him. He obviously saw something in him. I also remember ASF talking about Cooley long before he was on the radar screen with any of the rest of us. It was cool to see that he was even lining up in the slot at times. I think that many LB's in the league would have their hands full covering him.

I like the fact that even though he was wide open, all alone, not a defender around hiim, he still ran his route exactly the way Gibbs drew it up. :) I got a chuckle outta that. I know he's young. Im sure Gibbs will let hit know that when the guy covering him blitzes, screw your route and turn around so the QB can get you the ball fast.

Originally posted by PigSkins

I like the fact that even though he was wide open, all alone, not a defender around hiim, he still ran his route exactly the way Gibbs drew it up. :) I got a chuckle outta that. I know he's young. Im sure Gibbs will let hit know that when the guy covering him blitzes, screw your route and turn around so the QB can get you the ball fast.

I noticed that too but I didn't necessarily see it as a negative. Contrast it with Gardner who really mailed in his performance last night. You could literally tell before the snap by Gardner's body language whether it was a passing play or not, and I think, whether he was the primary reciever or not.

I think Cooley has done a lot of good things so far.

Considering that a good year of offensive production for Gibbs' TE's and H-backs is 30 catches, I'd agree that he could contribute significantly in that context. I don't see anyone else among the TE's with any kind of receiving credentials anyway considering that Sellers is probably the next best option.

Cooley looked good. He needs to get a little stronger as a blocker but he has good hands and seems to have picked up the offense fast.

Did anyone hear him on the postgame show? He sounds like he is in 10th grade. It doesn't even sound like he's hit puberty.

Originally posted by Montilar

Gardner played?

Must of been the invisable man then.....

Damn. My bad. DMac looks a lot like Rod after that 5th or 6th Coors Lite. ;)

Stand by for my keen insight on why Bruce Smith will have an off year. :)

Originally posted by Jay87

I took this guy in a couple fantasy drafts hoping he will live up to what you guys say about him here.

I bleed Redskins football but you won't catch me drafting a Redskins TE any time soon. In Gibbs 12 years here during his first go-round, the biggest number of receptions any TE had was 41, and only one other year saw a TE get as many as 30. An excellent year for Cooley would be 25-30. I'd look elsewhere for fantasy TE talent, my friend.

Archived