Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting Rant on usenet about Snyder

jowille

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Man, hire your old HOF coach and everyone gives the guy a free pass no matter how many times he gets caught screwing the fan over.

Oh well. Whatever. [/QUO

I guess you don't know anything about your owner Jeffrey Lurie and his screw the fan tatics:laugh:

Guest Westbrook36

Yeah, I don't know jp. Tell me. Make sure you mention you are from South Jersey and listen to WIP everyday. You know, for credibility sake.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Yeah, I don't know jp. Tell me. Make sure you mention you are from South Jersey and listen to WIP everyday. You know, for credibility sake.

Well you know if you need an education....

Reading your posts, these people might as well read eagles.com.

Are you sure you aren't Dave Spadaro?

Now that you mention it, at least I can give the realist point of view of what the Philly media states as well the fans. You're from Hawaii....:laugh:

WB

How about adding something educated to the board, such as we feel the same about our owner or we don't and give us examples why. It's nice to hear another fan's perspective about their team.

Which I don't doubt you are educated about. I question if you know anything about Snyder other than the media spin that happens in just about 99% of the articles. He is just like the majority of the nfl owners. They don't get the pub because they aren't young, demanding, and f-ing rich. (Mark Cuban fits the mold). From what I've read about Al Davis, forming an opinion, Snyder seems just as involved as Al without the football pedigree.

At least with Gibbs he finally has a football mind running it.

Originally posted by jpgirth

WB

How about adding something educated to the board, such as we feel the same about our owner or we don't and give us examples why. It's nice to hear another fan's perspective about their team.

Which I don't doubt you are educated about. I question if you know anything about Snyder other than the media spin that happens in just about 99% of the articles. He is just like the majority of the nfl owners. They don't get the pub because they aren't young, demanding, and f-ing rich. (Mark Cuban fits the mold). From what I've read about Al Davis, forming an opinion, Snyder seems just as involved as Al without the football pedigree.

At least with Gibbs he finally has a football mind running it.

Like I said, Al Davis has been through a whole lot of coaches that have lasted only for 1 or 2 years. In fact he was doing that back in the '80's before the the real win now urgency started developing in the '90's following free agency and the salary cap.

Every owner has taken chances and made mistakes. The media just decided they don't like Snyder. It's funny how outside the Washington area, you don't hear about management council he put together from all the corporations headquartered in this area to help charities, or the massive amounts of money he gives to charities, or the massive amounts of money he gives to local high schools and youth programs. It's getting to the point it's comical the way the media acts.

as far as wb36 - Snyder hasn't screwed the fans over and if you read any other of the posts you'd see the argument there. If you are unable to take the time to read the other posts - don't post a response.

Is is OK to love the Redskins and dislike Snyder?

Almost every one of the problems I have with Dan Snyder are game day related. I understand the mistakes he made (Peeon, letting Brad Johnson go, signing team cancer Jeff George, charging fans to see the team practice, hiring Steve Spurrier) were related to inexperience. I'm willing to forgive those. But I agree with what the original poster said about going to the games. Plus I'd add these:

1.Sold the naming rights to the stadium for cash.

2.The prices for concessions are so high it’s ridiculous. And you aren’t allowed to bring food into the stadium so you must buy theirs. I’ve seen them take snack crackers out of an old lady’s purse and throw them away before she could enter the stadium.

3.The mandatory purchases of preseason tix. JKC allowed people on the season ticket waiting list to purchase pre-season tix. Good for them and good for the season ticket holders.

4.The walk to the upper level, where the majority of the seats are, is a tremendously difficult walk for an elderly person or someone with a handicap. Snyder has put in only one escalator to the upper level. It is so crowded it’s dangerous. I’ve seen a few people get knocked over and stepped on. I have never been to one game where they were working properly.

5.There used to be an area for the kids called the NFL experience. Kids could kick a field goal, catch a pass from an older kid and run under a goal post, and run an obstacle course. No revenue was generated from this. The next year this area was paved over and corporate hospitality tents available for lease took its place.

6.There used to be a standing room area at either end of the stadium at the DC 101 Rocks bars. For adult fans it was a great place to drink beer and socialize with fellow fans. To maximize revenue these sections were taken out and replaced with stadium seats.

7.At RFK like most NFL stadiums outside vendors were allowed to sell pretzels, peanuts, etc at reduced prices as a benefit to the fans. They have been banned from Fed Ex Field.

8.Allowing people to move up the season ticket waiting list ahead of others by buying into things like the Tailgate Club for $1500. It’s a dirty little secret that a couple of years ago season ticket holders were offered extra season tickets in their section ahead of people on the waiting list.

9.Snyder’s insisting that people on the waiting list pony up $100 just for the privilege of waiting for tickets. It doesn’t seem very fan friendly.

Now I know I'll get blasted for this from some in this forum but some of you long standing season ticket holders will understand. I LOVE the Skins and am optomistic about the future but I feel Dan Snyder can do better by the long standing fans of the team.

Omelettes and eggs. This franchise isn't worth a billiion for nothing. Snyder isn't in this thing for the good of his heart, and winning the Super Bowl isn't his ONLY goal for this team. He, like every other owner in the sports world, makes money off his team, and enjoys making increasingly more money every year. Why cut the prices? FedEx breaks attendance records even WITH high prices for things. And, now that the stadium seats 90k with the new renovations, Snyder will make even more money because he can fit even more people into the stadium. Every man has a right to earn a dollar.

At least Snyder puts more back into the team than anybody else. The way I see it, Snyder is like Steinbrenner (except without the winning). He does what he believes will help the team.

I'll say this to the people botching like 16 year old school girls regarding the stadium.

DONT GO!!!!> There are plenty of us willing to shell out what you consider a rip off for tickets/parking concessions etc.

It's a freemarket system. Shut your f#@king mouths or give up your seats. Im sure I speak for the 150 THOUSAND PEOPLE ont he waitlist when I say I'll take your seats no problem.

Originally posted by Atlanta Skins Fan

I find such commercials to be a huge distraction from the experience and, more to the point, highly offensive to customers paying hundreds of dollars to be there. The unwritten rule in media and entertainment is that either you get free/cheap media/entertainment with commercials, or you pay a bundle and you get an uninterrupted experience.

As a person, I'm extremely hostile to commercials and will do almost anything to avoid them. In the rare instances when I'm forced to sit through them, it's like a mental rape.

Don't f*ck with my head.

:hammer:

You have to sit through commercials at FedEx?

Sometimes during breaks they may show either an XM commercial or an FedEx commercial but no you don't have to sit there through regular TV commericals.

Not having continuously updated scores of the other games is just plain stupid. I don't like the commercials either. I also don't like them at the movie theater. Lets face it. NFL football is a tv sport. The thousands at the games are much less important than the millions in front of monitors!

Archived