Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Tim Brown Rumor

jimster

watching Fox Sports Net for Denver (I have the cable channel - I don't know why) - kind of the equivilant of our Comcast - was talking up an interest Denver has in Tim Brown. They showed a clip of Shanahan and he admitted interest, but tried to brush off the question quickly.

Are they hurting at WR?

Originally posted by spjunkies

Why would they be hurting at WR? they can just play Chump there.

see, now that's funny

yes they are hurting at wide reciever, i think Ashley Leleie is their number 1 guy right now, and he didn't nearly live up to expectations last year. Plus Sharpe, their biggest recieving threat, got traded to CBS.

Originally posted by FullbackIsKey

see, now that's funny

yes they are hurting at wide reciever, i think Ashley Leleie is their number 1 guy right now, and he didn't nearly live up to expectations last year. Plus Sharpe, their biggest recieving threat, got traded to CBS.

A. Lelie should be good this year according to my Madden 2004 franchise.

Yeah the Bronchoes need help at WR. Ashley Lelee is their best WR, and he drops balls like they're hot. Mike likes to blame Plummer for the miscues in the passing game, but they are really thin at wide out. But like somebody said they got Champ. I'm wondering if Champ had good hands, then why wouldn't he be a WR in the first place?

Assley Lelie is on his last chance with the broncos. He'll be cut if he doesnt produce. Chump has been complaining that he deserves a chance of offense and said he'll be pissed without an opportunity to play WR. Maybe if he didnt hold the ball like a loaf of bread, he could contribute.

Ol' Tim can't play anymore. The Raiders were right in dropping him down the depth chart.

Consider this. Who is the Raiders #3 off the top of your head? Any idea?

Here's who is on their roster besides Rice and Porter..

Alvis Whitted (only name I even recognize with any pro experience) John Stone, Johnny Morant, Quentin McCord, Doug Gabriel, Carlos Francis, Chris Cole and James Adkisson.

Brown couldn't beat out THESE bums for a roster spot.

He won't help a team who needs a receiver. I recall the year they went to the Super Bowl, every interview i ever read or saw with him, he kept coming back to one theme,,, pain management. He even had a personal trainer who's ONLY job was to help him manage the pain he lives with every day as a result of his football career. This was 2 years ago, and I doubt very seriously, his body has gotten any better.

The only reasons I can think of that Shanahan would call him is either

A/ to try to wheedle some info about Norv's playbook, or

B/ pity.

Now, if I'm the Chiefs or Chargers, I'm calling anyway, because even a decrepit old Tim Brown is better than any receivers that they currently have. Especially San Diego.

~Bang

Originally posted by Bang

Ol' Tim can't play anymore. The Raiders were right in dropping him down the depth chart.

Consider this. Who is the Raiders #3 off the top of your head? Any idea?

Here's who is on their roster besides Rice and Porter..

Alvis Whitted (only name I even recognize with any pro experience) John Stone, Johnny Morant, Quentin McCord, Doug Gabriel, Carlos Francis, Chris Cole and James Adkisson.

~Bang

Isn't Virginia's own Ronald "Traitor" Curry supposed to be Norv's hot new receiving threat this year? He has sounded high on him in camp...(or maybe just high on something else)

Originally posted by spjunkies

Why would they be hurting at WR? they can just play Chump there.

**snort** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was thinking they didn't need help at WR because they're rookie burned Chump in practice and he's supposed to be the best shutdown corner in the league. Right? :cool:

Nick

Archived