edge- Simon, due to more production and better power

LDE: Wynn Kearse

edge- Kearse, has more production and better physical attributes

LOLB: Washington Jones

edge- Washington, stronger, faster, and bigger

MLB: Barrow Simoneau

edge- Barrow, good size, productive, and never misses tackles

ROLB: Arrington Wayne

edge- Arrington in a landslide, does everything better (but tackle)

SS: Bowen Lewis

edge- Lewis, best young strong safety in the game

FS: Taylor Dawkins

edge- Dawkins, not for long...

CB: Springs Brown

edge- Springs, veteran and plays at a high level

CB: Smoot Sheppard

edge- Smoot, veteran who is coming into his own

I think that's a pretty good analysis there D--although I'd like to see what a Philly fan has to say about this.

I also think it'd be interesting to see your take as to how the Skins stack up against the rest of the NFC East too...well, if you have the time.

:cheers:

Sellers-Ritchie....toss-up??? I guess you would have given the edge to Sellers if he had actually played any football at all in 2002 or 2003.

Fraley-Raymer...toss-up??? Raymer was injured most of his stay in SD and when he did manage to get on the field he wasn't very good. Fraley gets the edge on health alone.

Samuels-Thomas...Both underperformed last year...Samuels is younger but will be gone next year and Thomas is signed thru 08...toss-up

Runyan- Jansen...Runyan is bigger and meaner and didn't play like he wore pink panties last year...edge Runyan

Kalu-Daniels.....Daniels was cut by the Bears who have no pass rush after only recording 2.5 sacks. Kalu had 6 sacks last year and 8 the year before and he's YOUNGER than Daniels....Edge Kalu

Washington-Jones....Hard to figure....Jones was a 3 down player as a WIL moving to SAM..... Washington was a 2 down player staying at his position...Jones had 40 more tackles last year but as a 3 down player....Jones is faster......Toss-up

Barrow- Simoneau/Trotter.....Barrow was the better player last year but he is much much older than the Eagle's duo...Eagle age advantage and depth advantage moves this to a toss-up.

I posted this up there so we could possibly see their weaknesses... For one, I don't care what former Tennessee coaches say, Kearse is weak against the run, as are his undersized backers (largest being 6'1"), and Kalu opposite him. They are the ideal team to run the counter trey against, especially out of a double tight end set.

Originally posted by Pocono

Sellers-Ritchie....toss-up??? I guess you would have given the edge to Sellers if he had actually played any football at all in 2002 or 2003.

Fraley-Raymer...toss-up??? Raymer was injured most of his stay in SD and when he did manage to get on the field he wasn't very good. Fraley gets the edge on health alone.

Samuels-Thomas...Both underperformed last year...Samuels is younger but will be gone next year and Thomas is signed thru 08...toss-up

Runyan- Jansen...Runyan is bigger and meaner and didn't play like he wore pink panties last year...edge Runyan

Kalu-Daniels.....Daniels was cut by the Bears who have no pass rush after only recording 2.5 sacks. Kalu had 6 sacks last year and 8 the year before and he's YOUNGER than Daniels....Edge Kalu

Washington-Jones....Hard to figure....Jones was a 3 down player as a WIL moving to SAM..... Washington was a 2 down player staying at his position...Jones had 40 more tackles last year but as a 3 down player....Jones is faster......Toss-up

Barrow- Simoneau/Trotter.....Barrow was the better player last year but he is much much older than the Eagle's duo...Eagle age advantage and depth advantage moves this to a toss-up.

Ahhh Washington is a rising star while Dahani is a cast off that a lot of Giants fans are glad to see leave.

No question Washington not even debatable

the others you could debate Kalu is a better pass rusher yes but Daniels had 9 sacks the year b4 last and is a lot bigger and can play the run. Kalu is a one dimensional DE who is a bit undersized

Barrow, Sim Sim is undersized maybe more suited to play OLB while Barrow is getting older he has yet to miss a stepp. Trotter? heard he is weighing 262lbs :laugh: good luck he will be very good on 1st and 2nd down in JJ system.

Both are blockers. Its tough to judge who is a better blocker

43 sacks, the amount that the Eagles line gave up... tied with the sorrily coached skins. Now, I can attribute that to the entire line (which had played together for years) or I can attribute it to the head general in charge of everyone's assignments.

Samuels-Thomas...Both underperformed last year...Samuels is younger but will be gone next year and Thomas is signed thru 08...toss-up.

I'm not going by contract length here... youth means that the individual player will not be as rundown toward the end of the year. Whereas Thomas is towards the tail-end of his career, Samuels is about to enter his prime. One could be considered as a player in decline and the other as having a down year.

Runyan- Jansen...Runyan is bigger and meaner and didn't play like he wore pink panties last year...edge Runyan.

Runyan? He is taller by an inch, more heavy set, but over 30 years old. Seems unable to keep McNabb protected when he rolls out of the pocket.

Kalu-Daniels.....Daniels was cut by the Bears who have no pass rush after only recording 2.5 sacks. Kalu had 6 sacks last year and 8 the year before and he's YOUNGER than Daniels....Edge Kalu.

I'll give you this one although in his fairly recent career, Daniels had 9 sacks and is much better against the run. I've always followed Kalu since he was a skin and I know that is his weakness, but since age and pass rushing ability play a factor, I see your point.

Washington-Jones....Hard to figure....Jones was a 3 down player as a WIL moving to SAM..... Washington was a 2 down player staying at his position...Jones had 40 more tackles last year but as a 3 down player....Jones is faster......Toss-up.

Jones is smaller, weaker, and according to couchscouts.com, only .04 seconds faster. Not to mention Washington had six sacks in limited playing time to Jone's 3.

Barrow was the better player last year and did it behind a weaker interior line than the Eagles. Considering his workout regiment is more disciplined that Jerry Rice's, age is not a factor.

Don't tell me about Trotter either, because you and I know that he didn't do well last year (despite the inflated # of tackles, most of which made well beyond where they should have been) and has little to no self-discipline.

Originally posted by D'Pablo

On offense:

Skins Eagles

QB: Brunnel McNabb

Edge- McNabb, led team to 3 NFC championships

HB: Portis Westbrook

Edge- Portis, best in NFC East

TE: Rasby Lewis

Edge- Lewis, more versatile

WR: Coles Owens

Edge- Owens, creates matchups and has been more productive

WR: Gardner Pinkston

Edge- Gardner, more production and better physical attributes

LT: Samuels Thomas

Edge- Samuels, both had down years but he is younger

LG: Dockery Mayberry

Edge- Mayberry, better in pass protection and more seasoned

C: Raymer Fraley

Edge- Toss up, both are solid in the middle

RG: Thomas Andrews

Edge- Thomas, proven vet that deserved probowl birth

RT: Jansen Runyan

Edge- Jansen, younger and can actually shut down Strahan

FB: Sellers Ritchie

Edge- Toss up, they are the same type of player

I agree with most. Ritchie is clearly better than Sellers. He is one of the premier blocking FBs in the league. Kalu won't be starting, Burgess or McDougle should be. The edge goes to the Eagles at DE no matter who starts. And Fraley is better at C, but I'm not a big fan, so we can leave that at toss-up.

Yeah....Runyan is better than Jansen

:doh:

Sapp calls him Strahan's whipping boy....the guy is and always has been overrated....while Jansen is consistently underrated

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

Yeah....Runyan is better than Jansen

:doh:

Sapp calls him Strahan's whipping boy....the guy is and always has been overrated....while Jansen is consistently underrated

Thats funny......So if the GREEK GOD called Warren Sapp calls Runyan......Strahan's Whipping Boy.......then would that make Sapp John Welbourne's Punching Bag?

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Ahhh Washington is a rising star while Dahani is a cast off that a lot of Giants fans are glad to see leave.

No question Washington not even debatable

the others you could debate Kalu is a better pass rusher yes but Daniels had 9 sacks the year b4 last and is a lot bigger and can play the run. Kalu is a one dimensional DE who is a bit undersized

Barrow, Sim Sim is undersized maybe more suited to play OLB while Barrow is getting older he has yet to miss a stepp. Trotter? heard he is weighing 262lbs :laugh: good luck he will be very good on 1st and 2nd down in JJ system.

Washington/Jones is debatable....Washington was 5th on his team in tackles in 03 and only 3rd among LB's on the Colts the last 2 years. In 02 in 15 games he recorded only 66 tackles and 2 sacks. It's clear that Dungy was taking him off the field much of the time which usually doesn't happen to "rising stars." He does have better sack #'s than Jones but for a LB that could just mean he was used differently. Trotter had a hell of a lot better resume than Washington when he was signed and given the same amount in signing bonus as Washington and only after changing systems he didn't measure up. Maybe we better wait to see how Washington does in a new system and with his pockets loaded with money before we declare him a rising star.

Originally posted by Number5

While Brunnel only choked most of the time......wait, he only got to 2 AFC Championships right.......if McNabb choked......then Brunnel got PUNK'D!

LOL. Here is the difference. How many championships did a Brunell lead team host? How many were the Jags the favored team? LOL. "Game, Seat, and Match!"....lol:laugh:

Originally posted by Redsk58417

LOL. Here is the difference. How many championships did a Brunell lead team host? How many were the Jags the favored team? LOL. "Game, Seat, and Match!"....lol:laugh:

Well there was that year they went 14-2 and lost at home against the Titans 33-14 in the AFCCG.

Originally posted by Matador36

Brunell's career QB rating 85.2

McNabb's career QB rating 79.3

Brunell's Weapons over the years.......Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCarrdel, Kyle Brady, Fred Taylor, Pete Mitchell

McNabb's Weapons over the years........Charles Johnson, Torrance Small, James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, CHAD LEWIS, DUCE STALEY, Freddie Mitchell, etc. (CAPs represent the Eagles who were actually kinda good.....)

Fact is that Brunell has had better weapons around him than McNabb. Also he has played longer the Donny Mc too!

And just to state something else, when the Jags went 14-2 and lost in the AFC Championship game......Marky was harrassed alll game long by someone name Jevon......his last name escapes me.

:laugh:

Some of this is just plain funny.

Runyan was charged with 9.5 sacks surrendered last year. Meaning, sacks his man specifically got. Jansen just gave up 4.5. It's not even close as to which player is better right now. Runyan has been a fairly average right tackle for a few years. Jansen has gotten better and even last year in a system he was ill-suited for, he clearly played better than Runyan.

Conversely, we don't really have a fullback, but you certainly can't pretend Sellers is better than Ritchie or even that it's a push. It's not. It's not even close. Washington is far and away better than Jones, but, remember now, Jones played weakside backer where Washington plays strongside backer, so, they fulfill different roles and Washington is more highly thought of throughout the league than is Jones. However, it's really a comparison of Washington and Wayne with Arrington and Jones being in the same spot.

A guy like Daniels who's been a long time starter who's proven versatile and valuable to his coaches (just ask Blanche) gets the nod over a guy like Kalu or McDougle right now.

Well there was that year they went 14-2 and lost at home against the Titans 33-14 in the AFCCG.

That's one.....lol An expansion team has comparable playoff history as does Philly!:laugh: Except Philly has a 35-40+ year head start! So what again is Philly's excuse?:doh:

Originally posted by Matador36

and choked every time!

:eaglesuck

Not to contribute to this flame bait, but Brunnel isn't, better then McNabb. No coach would make that trade. Not for just this year. Not for keeps.

Anyway. As far as Washington vs. Jones. This year, its going to Washington. I expect Jones to struggle this year. However once he learns the new system, (although Washington will also have to, but not as large an adjustment) I think he will look alot better then he did in the Giants defense. Out front, I'll say my only reasoning is, if JJ wants him on his defense, he must see something in him he likes.

Also, I'll note, don't be so quick to compare states between the offensive lineman. The Eagles offensive line is asked to contain the d-line much longer. If McNabb can get more open recievers, then sacks should be way down this year. Its only a bonus that the talent level should be up.

Originally posted by Number5

Brunell's Weapons over the years.......Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCarrdel, Kyle Brady, Fred Taylor, Pete Mitchell

McNabb's Weapons over the years........Charles Johnson, Torrance Small, James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, CHAD LEWIS, DUCE STALEY, Freddie Mitchell, etc. (CAPs represent the Eagles who were actually kinda good.....)

Fact is that Brunell has had better weapons around him than McNabb. Also he has played longer the Donny Mc too!

And just to state something else, when the Jags went 14-2 and lost in the AFC Championship game......Marky was harrassed alll game long by someone name Jevon......his last name escapes me.

:laugh:

If McHype was this so called "Savior" that most Philly fans think he is, why can't he make his surrounding cast better? Favre does, as does Pennington in NY. Heck, even Atlanta is a different team with Vick. That list goes on and on. But in a passing argument? Some would make a case for the back-up QB's last season over McHype. Weapons don't matter if you always throw at their feet! Now Philly has more (Supposedly) weapons. No excuses right?

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

Not to contribute to this flame bait, but Brunnel isn't, better then McNabb. No coach would make that trade. Not for just this year. Not for keeps.

Anyway. As far as Washington vs. Jones. This year, its going to Washington. I expect Jones to struggle this year. However once he learns the new system, (although Washington will also have to, but not as large an adjustment) I think he will look alot better then he did in the Giants defense. Out front, I'll say my only reasoning is, if JJ wants him on his defense, he must see something in him he likes.

Also, I'll note, don't be so quick to compare states between the offensive lineman. The Eagles offensive line is asked to contain the d-line much longer. If McNabb can get more open recievers, then sacks should be way down this year. Its only a bonus that the talent level should be up.

Brunell is, clearly, a superior passer to what McNabb has been, and, while I think you're correct that, today, no one would trade McNabb's future for Brunell's past, the fact is, Brunell is a capable QB who will very likely perform at a better clip than McNabb this year at least in terms of passing numbers.

Your comment that the Eagles offensive line being asked to contain the defensive line much longer is simply ludicrous and so implausible I wonder if you actually follow Eagles football. You guys run an offense based on the short passing game. In fact, your line was asked to sustain blocks for FAR shorter periods of time than our offense, which was based on deeper routes. The fact that McNabb gets sacked as often as he does despite his wonderful mobility and quick passing offense is certainly not an endorsement of your line.

Archived