Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPNews Ticket: Titans RB Eddie George.........

TC4

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Please, we're talking about players on the clear downside of their career who would be stop gaps (like George). TO is in pinnacle condition and is still one of the top 5 WRs in the league.

How many years did TO sign and at what age. How many years do you believe he can maintain. The eagles FO philosophy is that after 30, your on the downside. Taylor and Vincent ring a bell?

Originally posted by jpgirth

How many years did TO sign and at what age. How many years do you believe he can maintain. The eagles FO philosophy is that after 30, your on the downside. Taylor and Vincent ring a bell?

Thanks for trying to tell me that's the Eagles philosophy. :rolleyes:

Their actual philosophy is that if they believe someone is over thirty and on the downside of their career, they will usually get rid of them. They didn't think that of Dawkins and they re-upped him. And they don't think that of TO. Owens deal is structured in such a way that after the third year, if they see him falling apart, or he is causing issues by then, they can cut him with very little reprecussions. If he's still playing at a high level, he has 3 more years on the deal. They could still cut him after any of those years if they see his play falling off.

RDSKINfaitfull,

George, to me, doesn't have much left in the tank, but his play in that game WAS inspired, and he and Lewis went at it all game. Lewis hardly dominated anything against him. Unfortunately, with George, I see that as the exception, not the rule, at this point in his career. Fortunately if he signs with Philadelphia (still don't think he will), he won't be asked to carry the load, but rather to be a short yardage back, and to spell primarily Westbrook, and serve as an insurance policy with veteran leadership.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

The fear from all of you is clearly resonating in all your posts.

It's actually quite funny.

Actually it looks like Dawkins is shaking in fear of Gibbs 2004!!!

Maybe it's him convulsing after the first....no second.......wait, no way not at home third nfcc loss.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eaglesuck

:laugh:

You are right his 3.3YPC is devestating:laugh: To tell you the truth Im far more worried about Westy. You are discounting the value of the guys you rave about (Westy and Buck) with your childish like excitement over bringing in a over the hill back in George:doh:

Guest Westbrook36

It's about durability. He won't see more than 6 carries a game.

Also, one part of his game which is underrated is his pass blocking, which is superb.

In my opinion George is an idiot for turning down 1.5 mil with the titans.

I'm not sure the Eagles are interested in him for more than that, or if they should be. I also don't want to see some of the quality young guys on the squad cut.

EL~

The domination I was reffering to was a few years ago when his career went downhill. I agree though he would be a good Short yardage back for you guys:) He will end up in philly or Dallas in my opinion Dallas needs him a little more than you guys do Westbrook and Buck are better than him at this point.

I am going to love seeing him in the Eagles backfield. I am much more fearful of Westbrook and Buckhalter. Eddie George's failures the past many seasons has not been due to a poor o-line, rather to his own diminishing ability.

Thanks for trying to tell me that's the Eagles philosophy. :rolleyes:

Their actual philosophy is that if they believe someone is over thirty and on the downside of their career, they will usually get rid of them. They didn't think that of Dawkins and they re-upped him. And they don't think that of TO. Owens deal is structured in such a way that after the third year, if they see him falling apart, or he is causing issues by then, they can cut him with very little reprecussions. If he's still playing at a high level, he has 3 more years on the deal. They could still cut him after any of those years if they see his play falling off.

RDSKINfaitfull,

George, to me, doesn't have much left in the tank, but his play in that game WAS inspired, and he and Lewis went at it all game. Lewis hardly dominated anything against him. Unfortunately, with George, I see that as the exception, not the rule, at this point in his career. Fortunately if he signs with Philadelphia (still don't think he will), he won't be asked to carry the load, but rather to be a short yardage back, and to spell primarily Westbrook, and serve as an insurance policy with veteran leadership.

Thank you for countering your point that the eagles only sign young players to long term contracts, when they inked both Dawkins and TO to long term deals. All deals can be shortened. Actually TO's deal has a roster bonus I believe next season, so if he causes trouble they can let him go with little consequence.:eaglesuck

Dawkins didn't exactly look stellar in the playoffs (injured?)

Eddie George is a nice player, and he wouldn't be a bad pick-up for the Eagles. But try not and get too carried away.

Its not like the Iggles just nabbed Clinton Portis or anything :)

The Eagles are a good team. Whether they make the playoffs again is far from a foregone conclusion with a resurgent Cowboys and Redskins to compete.

Originally posted by Skinned

I am going to love seeing him in the Eagles backfield. I am much more fearful of Westbrook and Buckhalter. Eddie George's failures the past many seasons has not been due to a poor o-line, rather to his own diminishing ability.

I woulden't share the same position if I were a Redskins fan. He is excelent in blitz pickup, good in short yardage. The Eagles don't have another guy like that on their roster. Greg Williams is going to be baceing his defence around blitzing linebackers. Do the math, it wouldent help your team.

Thank you for countering your point that the eagles only sign young players to long term contracts, when they inked both Dawkins and TO to long term deals. All deals can be shortened. Actually TO's deal has a roster bonus I believe next season, so if he causes trouble they can let him go with little consequence.:eaglesuck

Dawkins didn't exactly look stellar in the playoffs (injured?)

I hardly "countered" my post. Dawkins and Owens are the exception, not the rule. You and I both know that, so spare me the playing dumb routine.

RDSKINfaithfull,

I, too, think Buckhalter and Westbrook are more effective than George right now. That's why I would bring him in as a back getting 5-7 carries a game, and as an insurance policy. Buckhalter still doesn't always have his head on straight, and Westbrook tends to get dinged up a bit, so having George waiting in the wings would have me feeling quite a bit better than Mahe being there. :2cents:

. . . to long term contracts. See as a reference point: Antonio Freeman, Dorsey Levens, Levon Kirkland, Blaine Bishop, etc. If George is signed it'll be for no more than 2 years, and more to bring veteran leadership and as an insurance policy than anything else. Frankly, I'm more comfortable with George/Westbrook than Mahe/Westbrook is Buckhalter goes down. That's the reason I'm for signing him. If he comes cheap and for a year or two, there is no real downside. :2cents:

The eagles ONLY sign good young players

This started your finish ok. I respect you don't do the insult thing.

I'm responding to this. They don't only sign good young players.

They have radically changed their front office philosophy but I guess no one needs to tell you this?:eaglesuck

It was a nice collision, I think George gained 3yds. and they both started jawing.

That kind of attitude from a skill position player is sorely missing on the Eagles. While Runyan and some on the defense show that kind of attitude, in general the Eagles as a team do not - at least not when the fans can see it. They show emotion, but rarely fire. Add TO and Kearse and possibly George and you get players who may be able to kick the team out of its complacency that appears each January. They need someone to take it personally. Unlike last seasons NFCCG when Pinkston says he lost focus. :doh:

Originally posted by Blazers21

That kind of attitude from a skill position player is sorely missing on the Eagles. While Runyan and some on the defense show that kind of attitude, in general the Eagles as a team do not - at least not when the fans can see it. They show emotion, but rarely fire. Add TO and Kearse and possibly George and you get players who may be able to kick the team out of its complacency that appears each January. They need someone to take it personally. Unlike last seasons NFCCG when Pinkston says he lost focus. :doh:

I will respect this post because I see the same thing you do.

I thought in a lot of ways Duce brought this time of emotion. I think Duce was the only player to show that fire during the Carolina game. Mcnabb came up tiny in this game and the Bucs game. I know that Mcnabb was injured in the Carolina game. But I'm sorry I watched a Qb in the superbowl named Doug Williams that clearly was injured and came back to have a hall of fame type effort. There is a difference. (That is in a superbowl)

This man couldn't walk and was on crotches almost two weeks after the game.

The eagles ONLY sign good young players

This started your finish ok. I respect you don't do the insult thing.

I'm responding to this. They don't only sign good young players.

They have radically changed their front office philosophy but I guess no one needs to tell you this?:eaglesuck

I'm not insulting you, and I didn't say the only signed good young players. Someone else said that. I said they only sign young players to long term contracts. With Owens and Dawkins being the exception, not the rule. I hope we can agree on that.

:laugh:

i had a ****ty day, and this is just the kind of nonsense i needed to break the mood. thanks bud!

and you're getting all worked up about a guy who as you put it, will get the ball six times a game.... that's be like us throwing a party because we signed walt harris!!! hell yeah! we got harris!

I thought in a lot of ways Duce brought this time of emotion. I think Duce was the only player to show that fire during the Carolina game.

Agreed. He also showed that he couldn't carry the offense himself anymore. In the past, he could. Thus he's in Pittsburgh, unfortunately.

Originally posted by Blazers21

Agreed. He also showed that he couldn't carry the offense himself anymore. In the past, he could. Thus he's in Pittsburgh, unfortunately.

He carried you in the GreenBay game. BTW Marshaul Faulk couldnt have carried you in the Carolina game the way Pinky and Trash were getting manhandled.

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

He carried you in the GreenBay game. BTW Marshaul Faulk couldnt have carried you in the Carolina game the way Pinky and Trash were getting manhandled.

Duce contributed quite a bit against GB, but the fourth quarter was mostly McNabb.

Agreed about Pinkston and Thrash. The adjustment should have been to pound the ball. They were successful, then Reid would start passing again. I'm still trying to block that game from my memory.

Archived