Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FYI - ESPN 2K5 releasing early

Kilmer

Originally posted by Kilmer

The date is now July 20th :point2sky

I know I can't wait to to play with the new Redskins. I sure hope its Gibbs on the sideline.

This is so cool and $20 too.

What is really cool is I shold be able to actually get a copy seeing as I work for a company that will be selling it.

Peace

July 20th, DAMN!!! I heard they bumped it up but I remembered reading Aug 10th. Thats real early. I'm still getting College Football tuesday though. But I'll get this too. I can't wait.

I wonder if it'll have all the rookies in it considering a lot of them haven't signed yet.

I have to say the marketing for this game is genius!!!

Another reason they are making the game 19.99 is because Madden can't match because of everyone they have to pay (licenses including music)and have to sell at least 3 million to make a profit.

Originally posted by jbooma

I have to say the marketing for this game is genius!!!

Kinda surprising for Sega.

I am a Madden man, have been since the 1st Genesis game, but ESPN has my 1st look this year. I will get Madden and NCAA too, but not immediatly since I only have time for one game at a time.

I finally bought ESPN 2004 in May for $19 and loved it. So getting 2K5 this soon and at the same price is just too cool.

Cool...

The only problem I see with the early release is the rosters... Madden usually has rosters "accurate as of August 3rd" or something in the beginning of August.

These will be way off.

I'll be getting it anyway. Looks like I'll be playing NCAA and ESPN football very soon.

ESPN Should release the strategy guide through Prima this week so users can get a sneak peak at the new features and the playbooks for the teams so we can hit the ground running on the 20th. I ordered my game straight from ESPN last year and got it a day earlier than the retail stores. It would be cool to get the game earlier this year as well.

Originally posted by codeorama

Cool...

The only problem I see with the early release is the rosters... Madden usually has rosters "accurate as of August 3rd" or something in the beginning of August.

These will be way off.

I'll be getting it anyway. Looks like I'll be playing NCAA and ESPN football very soon.

you will be able to download current rosters i believe

Originally posted by Kilmer

Kinda surprising for Sega.

I am a Madden man, have been since the 1st Genesis game, but ESPN has my 1st look this year. I will get Madden and NCAA too, but not immediatly since I only have time for one game at a time.

I finally bought ESPN 2004 in May for $19 and loved it. So getting 2K5 this soon and at the same price is just too cool.

It is not sega anymore, some new company is in charge.

Originally posted by codeorama

Cool...

These will be way off.

There won't be too many changes at this point in time, besides roster cuts of a few lesser known players.

You can download updated rosters on Xbox live.

Originally posted by jbooma

It is not sega anymore, some new company is in charge.

THQ is handling this release, you are right, that is probably the difference.

Operation Sports said to expect monthly updates of rosters, they seem to have worked out a QA problem they had with Microsoft and Live last year. I will believe it when I see it.

Action Replay is the way to go if you want up to date rosters for your Xbox, hopefully there will be more active roster makers this year on Xbox for ESPN. Not too many around for ESPN 2004.

In the past, the NFL2k series has been guilty of under promoting there fine product; while at the same time you would see Madden commercials everywhere. It appears that this year with the ESPN title, reduced price, and early release date, Sega finally realize that if they want the crown they'll have to take it by any means.:1stplace:

I am surprised Madden isn't trying to promote as hard as ESPN this year. Another reason ESPN is taking this risk because there will be the only 2 football games this year, the other companies gave up such as gameday and so these fans are going to want to go somewhere and the 19.99 price is so much more attrative. I would be surprised if ESPN takes about 80% of these new fans with this heavy marketing.

I have bought both Madden and the next best competitor for the past 5 years or so, I've yet to play a game that I liked better than Madden.

Last years ESPN was the closest, but the on field play sucked IMO. They should have threw out the first person mode and focused on the player movement and individuality of the players.

Again, I'll give both and chance and may the best game win.

Archived