Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder on the sports reporters Wed.

Hubster

--Re FedEx Field prices and “tailgate club” offers: Moved thousands of people from upper to lower bowl, no price increase for third straight year.

I'll bet you sneak on here and read this site so:

Thank You Mr. Snyder!! This IS appreciated.:notworthy

:wewantd: :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Guest Westbrook36
“The Redskins are in desperate need of stability, not only in their front office but on their coaching staff. That's where it starts. Once you change coaches, coaches want to change players, and it just screws everything up. Ever since (owner Dan) Snyder took over, Washington has been nothing but a pit stop for coaches, and he is really the only one to blame for that. Look at Art Rooney in Pittsburgh or Bud Adams in Tennessee — two of the few original owners. Look at the top and what do you see? Stability. (Bill) Cowher and (Jeff) Fisher have kept their jobs as long as anyone, and it’s not because they are that much better than other coaches. It’s because they have owners who have been firmly in their corner and know when to step in and express their voice, which is almost never. Look at the messed-up organizations and what do you see — greedy, impatient, too-involved owners or just extremely cheap owners. Snyder and (Cowboys owner Jerry) Jones fit the first category. (Bengals owner Mike) Brown and (Cardinals owner Bill) Bidwill fit the other. There is a reason why they are the worst organizations in football, and it starts at the top. Snyder needs to butt his nose out, like the McCaskey family made Mike McCaskey do years ago. He (Snyder) is not, and never will be, a football guy.”

Stability. (Bill) Cowher and (Jeff) Fisher have kept their jobs as long as anyone, and it’s not because they are that much better than other coaches. It’s because they have owners who have been firmly in their corner and know when to step in and express their voice, which is almost never.

Can I see a count of the Super Bowl rings on Mr. Cowher's fingers? Oh, yeah, that would be none.

Surely the esteemed Mr. Fisher must have one, then. No?

Assuming that the goal is to win it all, I wouldn't take those two excellent coaches as great arguements for stability. It can turn into stagnation (as it has in Pittsburgh).

OK Westbrook, what was the point of that quote? It is obviously at least a year old. Due to the Pukes' recent playoff appearance and unexpected turnaround from solid coaching, I highly doubt someone would call the Cowboys one of the most poorly run organizations at this time.

Originally posted by mlindsey13

Did you guys really think the Snyder interview was all that great?

Great? Not really. No news broken, nothing particularly revealing (other than that he was on the tarmac in North Carolina talking to Gibbs just hours after Spurrier resigned).

But it was interesting, if for nothing more than its novelty effect. He doesn't talk to the press often and when he does it's usually a brief session and it's a controlled environment. This was the first extended, freewheeling interview with the man who holds the fate of our favorite sports franchise in his hands and it certainly held my attention.

Originally posted by rtandler

Great? Not really. No news broken, nothing particularly revealing (other than that he was on the tarmac in North Carolina talking to Gibbs just hours after Spurrier resigned).

But it was interesting, if for nothing more than its novelty effect. He doesn't talk to the press often and when he does it's usually a brief session and it's a controlled environment. This was the first extended, freewheeling interview with the man who holds the fate of our favorite sports franchise in his hands and it certainly held my attention.

Good points, rtandler!!! I never thought about it like that.

I've heard the part about him calling Casserly and apoligizing before, and in different words heard him talk about Norv asking to stay. I've also heard him say he made some mistakes in the past, but it sounds like he went into more detail here.

I think he's learned from his mistakes and realizes now that he has to pay attention, because he's going to learn more than ever.:D

Dan is a member of the elite owners in the league. He makes mistakes, but each mistake made was with the intent to better the organization and return them to winning. What more can you ask for from an owner?. When he has this whole owner thing licked he will become the idol of many other owners, hell they already covet his marketing savvy.

Guest Westbrook36
Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Can someone please tell me how Westbroke has avoided being awarded asshead.gif or masoclown.gif

Just give me one of these and we'll call it a day:

buckhalter.jpg

rocky-balboa.gif

Originally posted by ramseyskins

OK Westbrook, what was the point of that quote? It is obviously at least a year old. Due to the Pukes' recent playoff appearance and unexpected turnaround from solid coaching, I highly doubt someone would call the Cowboys one of the most poorly run organizations at this time.

The quote is from ProFootballWeekly.com’s December 21, 2002 issue. It was in the “The Way We Hear It -- Audibles” section, which provides quotes made “by NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel” who wish to remain “anonymous.” Since we don't know who the sources are, it's a little difficult to assess their credibility. Here’s the link:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2002/Audibles122102.htm

My guess is that Westbrook36 downloaded this off of some random message board and whips it out periodically, much the same way that a four-year-old still reaches for his blankie when he gets stressed out. But let’s be magnanimous and cut him some slack, shall we? After all, this is the same guy who asked for a personal avatar showing Correll Buckhalter getting speared by a … pencil?

Originally posted by TXREDSKINS44

it was a good interview it sounds like DS is getting the hang of this owner stuff!!!:)

If we get to or win the superbowl this year then I think everyone will forget the first 5 years.

Archived