Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Little Advice Please

RonJeremy

I talked to a friend of mine who was is cop last night. He told me that a teacher in the area I live had been arrested for having 48 pot plants and bags of pot (street value over $10,000) and drug paraphanalia (sp?) all over her house. My wife is a teacher so he thought she would be interested in knowing this.

Here's the problem: The teacher that was arrested was supposed to be my son's Kindergarten Teacher this fall. He has already met her and been to the classroom last month. He seemed to like her and is excited about going to school in the Fall. How do you explain to your five year old that "the nice lady that was going to be your teacher is a pot smoking drug dealer. She is in Jail now on $50,000 bond, so she won't be your teacher this fall." I thought about it last night and have some ideas...but straight up honesty is tough because he is 5. Any suggestions??

she left the country and wont be coming back right off. Actually, you may wanna just come clean, I mean, whats their to hide, it also imprints a bad example of drugs in his head at an early age. He sees that she was a bad person and was arrested for doing a bad thing, and theyll believe and understand anything at 5. Also just say im sure youll still have fun at school with the new teacher, and youll be able to play with more kids.

When he meets his new teacher, he may very well forget about the fact he was suppose to have the first one.

Teachers begin working before the first day of school. Take your son by to meet the new one. You don't have to give him details of the situation. Just say she left.

If he questions you about it later or hears something else, then you can sit down and talk to him. That way you have his attention because he is really interested in knowing at that time. Good time to do the "Don't do drugs" thing.

Blondie

Originally posted by RonJeremy

Here's the problem: The teacher that was arrested was supposed to be my son's Kindergarten Teacher this fall. He has already met her and been to the classroom last month. He seemed to like her and is excited about going to school in the Fall. How do you explain to your five year old that "the nice lady that was going to be your teacher is a pot smoking drug dealer. She is in Jail now on $50,000 bond, so she won't be your teacher this fall." I thought about it last night and have some ideas...but straight up honesty is tough because he is 5. Any suggestions??

First of all, what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Second, pot, no matter what your opinions on the matter, is not a harmful drug and infact has some great benifits. Until you find out that this person was in fact dealing drugs, you should give her the benifit of the doubt.

Pot is not cocane of any other hard drug. There have been numerous threads in the Tailgate debating this issue and the archaic laws that govern them. It was esentially made illegal because there was a production technology discovery that could use hemp to make paper. William Randolph Hearst and a few others with large amounts of money in the timber industry spread an unfactual propaganda campaign to make hemp illegal and thereby dissolving any competition in the paper industry.

Until you know all the facts surrounding the situation, I think you should not approach the topic with your son as one of the teacher being a drug dealer, but that she has been accused of doing something bad. It may be a good time to teach understanding and tolerance to you child, rather than to teach him that she is dealing drugs.

Many people grow their own pot and use it for their own consumption. It is a lot safer than exposing yourself to a street dealer (usually) and many professional workers decide to go this root. 48 plants, although you may think it is a lot, may not be. Many people grow large quantities and store it for about a year so they are only growing pot for a few months out of the year. This in theory lessens the risk of having to grow it year round. So until you find out that the person was actually dealing drugs, you should reserve judgement by discussing with your son that she has been accused of doing something illegal, not that she is a "drug dealer".

Originally posted by chomerics

Second, pot, no matter what your opinions on the matter, is not a harmful drug and infact has some great benifits. Until you find out that this person was in fact dealing drugs, you should give her the benifit of the doubt.

Pot is not cocane of any other hard drug. There have been numerous threads in the Tailgate debating this issue and the archaic laws that govern them. It was esentially made illegal because there was a production technology discovery that could use hemp to make paper. William Randolph Hearst and a few others with large amounts of money in the timber industry spread an unfactual propaganda campaign to make hemp illegal and thereby dissolving any competition in the paper industry.

Until you know all the facts surrounding the situation, I think you should not approach the topic with your son as one of the teacher being a drug dealer, but that she has been accused of doing something bad. It may be a good time to teach understanding and tolerance to you child, rather than to teach him that she is dealing drugs.

Many people grow their own pot and use it for their own consumption. It is a lot safer than exposing yourself to a street dealer (usually) and many professional workers decide to go this root. 48 plants, although you may think it is a lot, may not be. Many people grow large quantities and store it for about a year so they are only growing pot for a few months out of the year. This in theory lessens the risk of having to grow it year round. So until you find out that the person was actually dealing drugs, you should reserve judgement by discussing with your son that she has been accused of doing something illegal, not that she is a "drug dealer".

Thanks Cheech & Chong...:D

Yeah I know lots of people that have over $10,000 dollars worth of pot in their home for their "own" use :doh:

Yes we are innoncent until proven guilty....but like SKin N' NY said $10,000 worth of the stuff bagged up and ready to "store" or sell IMO is a little more than recreational use. Regardless is she is found guilty or innocent she won't be teaching this year. I don't want to to turn this into a Marijuana Vs. Coke/hard drugs debate.

I will take everyone's advice and figure out the best solution before September. Thanks for your help everyone!!!

I have to agree with Chomerics on this one. First off, the coppers always seem to come up with huge street values. Most folks aren't the best at growing the stuff, and it's average and not worth what they say. It has a lot to do with the seeds you start with, and technique of growing. It looks better for the cops with a higher dollar value. 48 plants don't mean squat unless you know if they were large mature plants, or weather the person is doing the dwarf plant technique which yeilds much less. Many could be seedlings. Was it a hydro set up? Then they may have something going on, and they still have to prove intent to distribute.

I know many who grow 4 months out of the year for the reasons Chomerics stated. He knows the subject well. They don't sell any of it, and I've smoked some over time. I wouldn't pay much for it.

Point is, don't condem the person because they have disapointed you child. It surely wasn't done intentionally. More people smoke and lead perfectly normal lives then you will ever know.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Make something up becuase your kid is probably too young to understand the term "Pot head". White lie never hurt anybody.

R7, man, your perspective will change when or if you become a dad.

RJ, You don't have to tell you kid why she is in trouble. Just explain that she did something bad. Believe me, after a few days in school he forget about the previous one.

THe only risk you ruin by telling a kid the truth is the kid not understanding the truth. My Kindergarten teacher died a month into school and my parents told me she died and I understood it. It all depends if your son understands the concept of drugs. If he does, then explain she was punished for doing them, if he doesnt know about drugs, you could

1) Introduce him to the 'drugs are bad' concept

2) tell him she did something bad and she was punished for doing them

all in all, the lesson should be she did something bad, so now she's in trouble

edit: spelling

Archived