Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Makes You Wanna Go Hmmmmmm

TwoDeep3

I've said it all along:

This season would have been a lot different if we had a QB who didn't turn the ball over like we had been doing all season long.

The past two weeks have proven that point.

Quincy's game today was amazing. He won this game, on the offensive side of the ball anyway, all by himself -- the defense also had a helluva game. There was no running game whatsoever outside of Emmitt's lone long run.

He completed over 65% of his passes. Threw a TD, and threw a bomb to Ismail to the 1-yard line to set up Emmitt's short TD. He didn't throw a pick. He nearly threw for 200 yards.

What a game by Quincy. Huge step in the right direction.

Are you suggesting people around the nation should abandon their talk of thinking Vick was a better pick than Carter?

Why even bring that up here anyway? Carter was designated the Starter by your owner and coach. He is doing fine. Vick DNP (Did Not Play) because he is not designate to start, as the Falcons had a starter in Chandler, who has previously taken the Falcons to the Superbowl and evidently is doing just as fine as Carter up until today and had the Falcons in the playoff hunt. So that makes Vick a lessor pick because a more capable QB is the starter ahead of him, meanwhile in Dallas, Carter had no QB with the experience of a Chandler ahead of him, only Wright and Leaf. Don't you think even a child could see that?

Leroy Keyes started on the Cleveland Browns at the same time O.J. Simpson was not for Buffalo. At the time it was a coach's decision. Who's in the Hall of Fame, even though Keyes was a starter as a rookie?

[edited.gif by indyskinsfan on December 09, 2001.]

indyskinsfan:

I don't think you're post was directed at me, but I'll respond anyhow.

Vick is getting his hype because of what people think he'll be down the road. So his mistakes are forgiven and only deemed "rookie mistakes".

Quincy was also deemed a raw player when we drafted him. He wasn't in the same class as Brees or Weinke in most eyes -- guys who were ready to start right away.

Quincy played 2.5 years of collegiate football. He skipped his senior year and missed almost half his junior season due to injury.

He's started four games, playing in 3 full games.

He's made sooooo many strides since early in the season, it's unbelievable. That's what has us excited. Today he took this team on his shoulders and won the game. For a guy making his fourth start, that's impressive.

He had a 100 QB Rating. No picks. 200 yards. Some critical rushes late in the game.

He's not a finished product by any means. He's still gotta a lot to learn and will continue to improve. But he's making the strides we were all hopeful of. I think we Cowboys fans feel it'd be nice if he received some national attention for these strides.

Afterall, this was a late 2nd round pick deemed by some in the media as a 6th round talent (such as Kiper).

cool.gif Dale, got the message and understand better now, so I'll just mosey along, if you can dig it. smile.gif

Thanks for clearing it up and I'm sure TwoDeep3 was on point with what he meant, just needed for clarification for us senior citizens.

Thanks for a decent input and I forgot my manners, as a guest to us, I say CONGRATS! and thanks for the help smile.gif

In Too Deep is a pretty funny guy though. For MONTHS we've been bashing him about saying Carter is the best rookie QB in this draft with more potential than any other, and for MONTHS he's denied it, despite our helpful nature in posting his exact words.

Then, as soon as he has a good game, he's here hinting that Carter is better and he was saying it all along. Not that it means anything. Vick is a backup on a playoff contending team. Carter is the starter for a non-playoff team. I'd rather be Vick. And all of us would rather have Vick smile.gif.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

I would take Vick over Carter right now as well, but I will admit that Carter doesn't APPEAR to be the dog I thought he was. He's playing a safe game but he IS making nice throws when necessary and he seems to have certain amount of poise.

Om,

You sure got me in that post on my board. It's true I'm obsessed with Art. I have been for three years now, a time in which I can't get over the repeated beatings, which makes me come here, post Quincy Carter's best numbers ever as a pro and throw that in your face.

How was I to know that Quincy's best game EVER wouldn't even be as good as Banks in an average game against the Cardinals. I guess when measuring my team's talent, I should probably keep in mind that even the greatest game some of my players can play are only average games by players on other teams.

I'll try not to continue posting ridiculous ignorance that requires editing of this in the future. I am a moron, through and through.

[edited.gif by Art on December 10, 2001.]

Om, that is hysterical. I didn't know you had that type of debate in you my brother. I try not to play too rough with In Too Deep, but, as he can't go more than a week without evoking my image, I'll probably have to teach him more manners shortly. It'll be a fruitless endeavor that will yield no results, but, despite that, hugely fun, watching him twist in the wind with his panty's in a bunch, huffing to make a point it's likely I made a year ago smile.gif.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Am I missing something?

let's assume for a moment that Quincy Carter turns out to be the NFC's version of the 2001 Tom Brady phenomenon. Of course Brady is further along, but let's assume.

the point in critizing Dallas for taking Carter in the 2nd round is that the team could have used the #2 and #3 picks on other players who could have helped your team AND still drafted Carter at #4 or #5.

so, the issue in one sense is less about Carter himself and more about what how Jones runs the Cowboys draft to get value picks and fill out his roster.

The Cowboys have acquired precious few impact players from the top 3 or 4 rounds of the draft in recent years.

The trade for Galloway took 2 #1's, the picks of Goodrich and Larrimore, etc.........

In retrospect Goodrich and Larrimore were picks that were like Carter "projected talents", ie taken ahead of their pre-draft ranking.

Larrimore didn't pan out while Goodrich is now being considered for a switch to safety after showing less than ideal skills as a corner.

So, Jones' gambling to take players at projected spots can potentially pay off, but it is not a good way to build a team from the ground up.

For every one guy you hit on being a total contrarian to the rest of the NFL, you miss on 2 or 3 other players that the league as a whole and all the scouts were right about.

I don't wish Carter ill except for 2 games a year smile.gif, but if I were a Cowboys fan I would be concerned that Jones has that tendency to take the big gamble in free agency and with the draft picks and there is the doubt that a GM can build a contender using that all-or-nothing strategy.

Artie,

Now you have shown your real ilk. You can't debate, you have no facts, so you change my post to ridicule me.

While you and the mouth breathers from Extreme's laugh, you have shown that you are as full of sh*t as I have said all along.

And by the way, three years is giving yourself way too much credit. I have thought you were a corksucker for much less time than that.

Now change this post because you can't bring it with anything but your admin status because you are getting schooled on this argument. Just like your butt buddy Om.

The entire world of Cowboy fans laugh at your miserable team. And you know it.

[edited.gif by TwoDeep3 on December 10, 2001.]

One last point Fart...Atlanta is the 8th seed in the NFC and sitting at 6-6. Which means they are not a play-off team as you suggest. Another of your major league gaffs.

But then a knowledgable fan would know that, wouldn't they. Furthermore they have @Indianapolis, Buffalo, @Miami, @ St Louis. Which looks like to me they are 8-8 at best and 7-9 most likely.

So your assessment of Carter, Vick and more importantly your major mistake in heralding Atlanta as a play-off team are part and parcel of your over-inflated worth of your football knowledge.

Funny thing is you were the topic of discussion last night at the Dallas Cowboy chat. Not my topic but I watched as everybody commented how little you really do know about this game.

See you in the funny papers butt munch.

In Too Deep, I changed your post to Om because I didn't feel others should be subjected to your very adult debating skills utilizing terms like "butt munch". I mean, it's hard for others to contain such a superior mind as yours and I wasn't sure Om could possibly respond to such high brow debating skill you display as I can, do and do so enjoy.

I recognize you have limited intellect, but, even a dim school boy such as yourself should know I didn't say Atlanta was a playoff team. As I didn't say Atlanta was a playoff team in the slightest, we must then look toward your inability to understand. What I did say about Atlanta was, and I quote, "is a backup on a playoff contending team."

So, again, as is per the norm when we speak, I'm correct and you are incorrect, which makes what I say seem so much more solid, don't you agree? Now, while you, and the whole world of Cowboy fans are laughing at my miserable team, you'll have to forgive other fans of my miserable team if we ask for a masseuse among your team's cackling hens. The reason, of course, is we get an awful crink in our necks having to look down in the standings to see you all the time.

I know, I know, for fans of a dismal team, like the Cowboys, beating playoff contending teams gives you a jolt of impassioned, temerarious hope, and especially so when you are capable of beating your key rival, but, honestly, while it is bothersome we can't beat your poor team, it doesn't really impact us overly much, because we are always so far ahead of you in the standings of late, that when all is said and down, we're still the superior franchise.

Now, as you say I had an assessment of Carter versus Vick, I must tell you that this, too, is false. I've made no comments on Carter versus Vick. I've merely commented on your assessment of Carter versus Vick in which you repeatedly say Carter was the best quarterback in the draft. I simply make fun of you for saying it leaving unmentioned the multiple reasons for being allowed to make fun of you and yet still have you think I'm making an assessment. Hell, I don't even have to talk up Vick for you to realize how limited you seem making such stuporous utterances. Now, do I?

As for your biting and devestating closing statement, that I, Art Mills, was the topic of a Cowboy chat, you toss into my face that, "Ha ha, we talked about you behind your back and I didn't even start it. See." Yes, I see. I own more than you. For a guy who has made, oh, let's say 12 posts in two years on rival boards since leaving TSN, you boys are talking about little old me, behind my back, knowing that when you stand before me, this is the outcome, and you wind up on your knees, begging for momma. Call her name In Too Deep. She'll come.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Art, just a quick vacation to explore the outer edges of the Dark Side. smile.gif Still, I don't think I could do that with any degree of regularity (that's a cheap anal reference for my friend TooDeep, who seems to be full of them these days). The part that drives me crazy is when the other guy doesn't even seem to GET it. I can just see the poor man balling his little fists up in rage, frustrated beyond the pale by his inability to say what he'd really, really like to say, trying to catch a shadow with a vice grip, always sincere, but never quite able to grasp the brass ring.

Don't know how you find the time or patience, frankly, but I'm glad you do. It can be a source of such mirth from time to time. smile.gif

InTooDeep, don't worry. I'm sure I quite get the jist of what you likely had to say to me. Art's removing it to the dustbin of cyberhistory was simply a public service. If it makes you feel any better, I feel properly insulted, okay?

The sad truth is, for some reason I let your penchant for pedestrian, unoriginal, repetitive, droning, self-serving, transparent, limited, barren, aimlessly wandering, inconsistent, and ultimately just plain boring approach to posting move me to respond to your yawner about Schottenheimer's intellect with a little tweak. Your predictably atonal, arrogant response just served to motivate me to play you like the dead fish you so resolutely insist on proving yourself to be.

My god man, I left you a couple of red herrings (catch the little "fish" reference, there, chief?) and back doors so wide open I thought even YOU couldn't help but stumble upon them. I waited ... and waited ... but you let me down. You couldn't even follow the road map to your own demise, which I'm sure you wouldn't have been able to recognize for what it was, anyway.

That's when it stopped being fun.

And that's why, at your kind suggestion, I won't waste my time reading your posts anymore, not even the clever (although alarming in number) anal-oriented ones that have so far survived Art's Extreme Excrement Excising Meter. Dude, the icon is a lark ... you might want to try taking it's meaning a bit less literally. People might start to talk.

There goes another shadow, bro. Quick ... where'd you leave those vice grips?

[edited.gif by Om on December 10, 2001.]

• 8 months later...

Archived