Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official #11 Answer Thread

bayougator

Originally posted by bayougator

I have to clear a couple things up!!

I'm the one that gave him the Henry Ford quote his senior year in HS. So I guess there is something other than making him tough that I can take credit for.

And unfortunately I have to tell you. Pat didn't tell the truth!! He can't hold a match to me on the grill. Because of this we are scheduling a cook off and pitcherjlt will be the taste tester.

I can also tell you that he's throwing the ball better than he has in years. I have the bruises to prove it. We threw in the front yard today and I have to regretfully admit. I couldn't take it anymore.

BG

I am always looking for free food!!

You guys supply the grub and I will decide who is the better cook.

I've had Bayou's cooking before and I do know that Patrick has alot to live up to. These "country boys" can cook in this part of the nation. Should be a great match-up.

Not really an added sense of pressure to preserve the legacy, but you do feel a sense of pride in being able to play for him. You don't want to be the guy who lets him down. It's like you hold yourself accountable to him without him asking it of you.

This quote gives me goosebumps. This team is going to play their hearts out. This season (and the next few) are truly going to be fun to watch!

:cool:

quote:

Originally posted by bnacpa

Patrick & BG,

Thank you for your time ... especially while you are on break between OTA's and training camp and are trying to just relax and get a well deserved break!

Please share with this site what a typical schedule with Gibbs is like ... how many coaches do you work with (Gibbs, Jack Burns, Joe Bugel, or any others?), how many hours practicing, how many studying. Also, please go into depth on what is involved in studying ... do you watch hours and hours of game film of teams you will face this year based on last year's games or do you focus more on watching your self and how you performed? What kind of allocation of time is spent between the two. Finally, what kind of allocation of time is spent between studying the playbook and learning to make the proper reads in this offense versus studying film of opponents or your own prior efforts?

Thank you! & God bless on a great upcoming season!

This is the best question yet. Our schedule varies. I haven't gone through a day in the regular season with Coach Gibbs yet. I spend most of my time with Jack Burns, but we do spend quite a bit of time on installation with Coach Gibbs. I'll say this: there isn't a team in the NFL who has spent as much time preparing as we have in the past 3 months. On a normal day in the off season, we're there for 5-6 hours. During mini-camps and OTA's, we're at the facility from probably 8 am until 4 or so.

Last year, during the season, I would be at the facility from about 7 until 7 on Wed, Thurs, and Fri.

We probably practice for 2.5 hours, and we meet for 4-5 hours. Personal film time 1.5-2.5 hours per day, depending upon the day. More time is spent on familiarizing yourself with the game plan than anything. If you know your plays well, then performing is that much easier. You don't want to think too much on the field, you just want to react and make good decisions.

I love the fact that he answered my question !!! Awesome. I find it very interesting that the players only really practiced 3 days a week during the season last year. Gibbs will have them in from Tuesday - Saturday doing things. Maybe not all out every day, but will definitely be working them well. I also love the fact that Gibbs is concentrating more on getting the plays run properly rather than focusing on mechanics. One of the big complaints that Samuels had over the past couple of years was that the coaching staff was having him redo the way he went into the games. Now we will just go and flat out play!

This season can't get here fast enough!

That was so kool to have the QB of the Washington Redskins answer our questions. This ranks right up there with the email I got from Patrick about a month ago. I am, and have always been a huge Redskins fan. I liver in Shreveport, La. about 30 miles from Ruston where Patrick is from. We are 185 miles from Dallas. There is No Redskins stuff anywhere around here. Everything is Cowboys and Saints. YUCK!!! I am going to the Dec. 26 game when Washington Plays in Dallas. It is the only Redskins game I get a chance to see.. except when the Redskins come to New Orleans.. but that is 320 miles away. So think about me when ya'll are having a blast at Fedex Field. Good luck Patrick and I will see you in Dallas.. Oh yeah.. and he did answer my question..

Archived