Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nunyo OUT?

Dan T.

I've noticed that the last couple of Redskins articles in the Washington Post have been written by Jason La Canfora and not Nunyo Demasio. La Canfora has been the beat guy for Caps hockey, and is very good.

Does this mean he's bumping Demasio as the Redskins beat reporter? Demasio did seem to get off to a rocky start.

Anybody heard anything?

Originally posted by ntotoro

Maybe Nunyo's on vacation... ?

Nick

Yeah, I thought about that too. Or, since this is about the slowest time of the year for Redskins news, maybe the Post chose now to make the switch.

Originally posted by thito_da_skins_fan

i noticed also..

the Jason guy is a "so far so good" but it really comes down to getting the story first.. so far, the Times is still in front.. and i *hate* the Times..

What story has the Times gotten first recently, don't mention the Miami DE because Gibbs denied it.

Originally posted by Dan T.

I've noticed that the last couple of Redskins articles in the Washington Post have been written by Jason La Canfora and not Nunyo Demasio. La Canfora has been the beat guy for Caps hockey, and is very good.

Does this mean he's bumping Demasio as the Redskins beat reporter? Demasio did seem to get off to a rocky start.

Anybody heard anything?

He is splitting time with Jason La Canfora as Redskins beat writer. This was discussed in a thread in early May:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60493&highlight=Nunyo

Originally posted by RTandler

I correspond with Nunyo every once in a while and, about a month ago, he volunteered the info that he and LaCanfora would be “sharing” the Redskins beat job. He didn’t seem upset by it; he didn’t seem to think that he’s on his way out.

I think that Nunyo was a great features writer and has struggled somewhat as the beat writer. You have to keep in mind that he had a very tough act to follow. Maske is not only a very well-connected insider but a lifelong Redskins fan to boot. Demasio came in without his connections and depth of knowledge about the team and its history.

It now looks like he’ll have to fight it out with LaCanfora for the job. Perhaps this was the plan from the moment that they moved Maske into the NFL Insider job and they were waiting for the Caps season to end (wasn’t that sometime in January?) to move LaCanfora into the co-beat writer role. Or maybe that they saw that Nunyo wasn’t quite getting it done and brought in some support/competition.

Maybe it's because Nunyo is so bad that people are calling for Maske to return but to be honest Maske wasn't that great either. Ever here his "analysis" on chanel 5 last season? It was so conventional and never offered any insight. Quite frankly there are some posters on this board, who I think, could do a better job.

Originally posted by China

He is splitting time with Jason La Canfora as Redskins beat writer. This was discussed in a thread in early May:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60493&highlight=Nunyo

Jeez, there is NOTHING that gets past Extremeskins. :notworthy I did a search on Nunyo before I posted this, but thought it was a relatively recent thing, so I only looked back a month.

Archived