Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network to go HD fulltime Aug. 1!

SoCalSkins

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7441559

NFL Network, Jaguars to produce new show

NEW YORK (June 21, 2004) -- The 2004 NFL season concludes on Feb. 6, 2005, in Jacksonville with Super Bowl XXXIX -- and now the football season officially begins in Jacksonville too.

NFL Network

NFL Network

Analysis, opinions, features and more!

In expanding upon the NFL's "Building Bridges" theme for the upcoming season, NFL Network and the Jacksonville Jaguars will provide fans an all-access, behind-the-scenes look at an NFL training camp when Inside Training Camp with the Jacksonville Jaguars premieres Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NFL Network.

The five-week series will air on Wednesday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT from Aug. 11 through Sept. 8 and become NFL Network's most expensive television series ever produced.

"August will be a watershed month for us as we continue to provide football fans unprecedented access to the NFL," said Steve Bornstein, president and CEO of NFL Network. "With our first year, we have taken fans behind the scenes at the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, NFL Scouting Combine, league meetings, NFL Draft and now all-access at an NFL training camp. Inside Training Camp adds another element to NFL Network's strong foundation."

"We're excited about this opportunity to bring our fans closer during training camp," said Jaguars Chairman/CEO Wayne Weaver. "This is a great way to kick off our 10th season, with an inside look throughout camp."

Inside Training Camp with the Jacksonville Jaguars will focus on the players' and coaches' daily lives as the Jaguars seek to build upon the success of their 2003 season. Fans will follow second-year head coach Jack Del Rio, an intriguing mix of veterans, such as receiver Jimmy Smith, running back Fred Taylor and lineman Hugh Douglas, as well as young stars like Byron Leftwich and Marcus Stroud throughout training camp and the preseason. They will also see rookies like Greg Jones and Reggie Williams go through drills and meetings to prove they have what it takes to make the team and make their mark in the NFL.

A 20-person NFL Network crew will live at the Jaguars' training camp at ALLTEL Stadium in Jacksonville, shooting more than 500 hours of video over the course of the series. Camera and sound crews will be given unprecedented access to the players' and coaches' meeting rooms, training rooms and practice fields. An NFL Network production trailer will be on-site throughout training camp as the shows are created. More than 60 personnel and 8,000 man hours will be required to produce the five-week series.

"Back in 2001 as an assistant in Baltimore, I saw first hand the filming of Hard Knocks," said Del Rio. "NFL Films does a great job, they are able to skillfully embed themselves and capture the inner workings of life at an NFL training camp. This will be a tremendous opportunity for our fans to get a closer look at our players and coaches as we prepare for the upcoming season."

"This show will be an all-access pass inside an NFL training camp," said Steve Sabol, president of NFL Films. "Our cameras will be rolling day and night to provide fans with the unique experience of viewing the inner workings of the Jaguars' organization as they prepare for the upcoming season."

The month of August will be a coming-out party of sorts for NFL Network. In addition to the Jaguars' training camp show, NFL Network enters its first full season by televising 54 preseason games, including the live airing of the Jaguars' final contest when they visit the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots on Thursday, Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. ET. Plus, NFL Network goes high definition on Aug. 1 with the entire network being available to viewers with HD capabilities on a separate stand-alone feed.

Additionally, two live whip-around shows titled No Huddle will air when a high number of preseason games are in progress concurrently. NFL Network will take viewers around the NFL to get live look-ins from various sites as action unfolds. The No Huddle shows air on Saturday, Aug. 14 and Friday, Sept. 3.

Originally posted by BigCb37

This is awesome...I loved Hard KNocks and they didnt do it last year...and the HD! Woo hoo...now only if Directv would carry the HD channel...

Yeah, but you know it is now the NFL channel doing it. I doubt it will have the same feel as when HBO does it.

They aren't broadcasting the NFL network on Comcast in Arlington. It makes me mad too, because I was in the Redskins store last Sunday and they were playing it. It was an early season Titans game...it made me want the season to start so badly. :cuss:

Originally posted by BigCb37

This is awesome...I loved Hard KNocks and they didnt do it last year...and the HD! Woo hoo...now only if Directv would carry the HD channel...

Directv has always shown HD content from the NFL Network on Channel 84. I would be shocked if Diretv didn't carry this from day 1 since they helped setup the network for the NFL.

Originally posted by SoCalSkins

Directv has always shown HD content from the NFL Network on Channel 84. I would be shocked if Diretv didn't carry this from day 1 since they helped setup the network for the NFL.

They better have it on DirecTV. I'm drooling just thinking about it.:cool:

Originally posted by SoCalSkins

I would think so, too.

Looking forward to it.

Originally posted by JeffSchmeff

Yeah, but you know it is now the NFL channel doing it. I doubt it will have the same feel as when HBO does it.

Well even when it was on HBO, they produced it with NFL Films. So I think the quality will be the same. The only difference that I can think of will be the lack of swearing, which was always humorous, and maybe they will filter it so it makes the NFL look better. Although HBO didnt really show anything detrimental to the league.

Ever notice that they dont really discuss too many off the field troubles of players on Total Access?

Archived