Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Emmit is starting for the Cards....

OURYEAR#56

Oh sh*t I forgot the article, not that it means much.

Old standby: Cards name Emmitt starter

Print story AIM story Email story

Associated Press

Posted: 3 hours ago

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) ¡ª Emmitt Smith, the NFL's all-time leading rusher, was designated Thursday as the Arizona Cardinals starting running back.

Emmitt Smith didn't have much to celebrate during his first season in Arizona.

Coach Dennis Green made the announcement at the close of offseason workouts. Marcel Shipp, who took over last season after Smith broke his shoulder, will be the backup.

When Smith returned after missing six games, he remained the backup.

The 35-year-old Smith signed a two-year deal with the Cardinals last year after a 13 years with the Dallas Cowboys.

Last season was his worst in the NFL, with just 256 yards rushing and an average 2.8 yards a carry. Shipp rushed for 830 yards and a 3.6 average

:puke:

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

Oh sh*t I forgot the article, not that it means much.

Old standby: Cards name Emmitt starter

Print story AIM story Email story

Associated Press

Posted: 3 hours ago

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) ¡ª Emmitt Smith, the NFL's all-time leading rusher, was designated Thursday as the Arizona Cardinals starting running back.

Emmitt Smith didn't have much to celebrate during his first season in Arizona.

Coach Dennis Green made the announcement at the close of offseason workouts. Marcel Shipp, who took over last season after Smith broke his shoulder, will be the backup.

When Smith returned after missing six games, he remained the backup.

The 35-year-old Smith signed a two-year deal with the Cardinals last year after a 13 years with the Dallas Cowboys.

Last season was his worst in the NFL, with just 256 yards rushing and an average 2.8 yards a carry. Shipp rushed for 830 yards and a 3.6 average

:puke:

256 yards? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hate Emmitt Smith. If Barry Sanders was still in the league, Emmitt would be chasing his numbers & would probably NEVER catch him. Plus, Emmitt's a B*tch! I can't stand his whiny azz when he cries to the press. He needs to retire his old azz before he gets really hurt.

It's great to see Emmitt Smith...the so called franchise player for America's team playing in a Cardinal uniform. It's sort of poetic justice for all the sorry ass Cowboy fans in D.C. I can't wait until he re-injures himself. and cries during his press meeting because he has to retire. The shame of retiring in a Cardinal uniform will make me smile for the rest of the season. It sort of reminds me of the time Walter Payton ran out of bounds for his final run in the NFL. And YES...it was against the Redskins!

Originally posted by airSkins91

Emmitt was a great back... and I will always give him his due... he ran through our defense like it was cool for 10 years

Not that we had a defense for those 10 years. At least 8 of 10 years our DL was very weak.

Archived