Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

# of Young Qb's in the league.

nycskinsfan

Is it me or is their more young QB talent in the league than in any recent era. I was to young to really remember the early 80's and I know it was a similar time w/ greats like Elway, Marino, Montana etc. What do you guys think? Is this possibly the best looking group of young qb's (3yrs experience and under) in NFL history or just a bunch of unproven names.

Think about how many young talented qb's are in the league. Vick, Carr, Harrington, Palmer, Leftwich, Ramsey, Pennington, Brady, Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Boller, Grosmann (he's been getting alot of positve press) and even Simms or Losman could be stars. How do you think these guys will fair when all is said and done. Who do you think will suceed? Flop?

I saw Simms play for four years while following the Big 12. No way in hell is he going to be a star.

Losman probably doesn't have the head for it. Might be another Jeff George type talent with a ten-cent brain.

All those other guys can be at least serviceable.

The QB draft class of '83, I believe it was, with Marino, Kelly, et al., is considered one of the best single QB drafts of all time. The current crop of young QBs is spread out over a few years and are still largely unproven. I think a few will succeed, a few will be solid and the rest will slip into mediocrity (too early to tell who will end up where, but I cast my vote for Vick, Leftwich, and Pennington to be successful, and we already know Brady is).

Originally posted by jrfriedm

You listed a lot of rookies there, and I will guarante that half of them will be busts. However, there are a lot of very good young Qbs in the league right now.

If that is so than 7 of them will be great... I agree with him in saying that this is sort of a new era in QBs and I don't think it wil stop. I have been thinkin bout this exact topic for a while and am beginning to see a change in patterns. I don't think we are going to see grets like Favre and Elway and others that last for decades. Yes we will see a few but talent is changing at an incredibely fast rate nowadays and it could lead to shorter QB careers. 5 of these guys could be Collins or Warners and maybe 1 could be a Farve. How I see it there could be 5 more Collins in the next 2 years... Will that be enough then or will there be something more and better coming??????

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

I'm guessing Eli Manning will be pretty good. :D

haha, Tom, at this point you seem to have wishful thinking, reasoning that you guys gave soo much for him. I'll agree, he'll be good after a season or two, as always said.

Archived