Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Detroit in 5?

Doggmatic

Game 2 is looking more and more like a total fluke. The series could have ended tonight... but alas, it is not over.

I think this one ends on Tuesday night. I would hate to see the series finish in LA - I think it is a great thing for the winning teams fans to see it on their own court. You have to think Detoit will come firing harder for this one than the others.

The Lakers have this tired look on all their faces... the exception being Payton, who just looks frustrated.

I've abused this today, but I can just imagine at the final buzzer on Tuesday, Shaq looking away to the Staples Center as it crashes down(just as the troll about to kill Aragorn senses that Sauron's spirit is overthrown) and the work of the Lord of the Rings, Phil Jackson, is undone as he is defeated in the Finals. Then he tramps off in fear to escape the coming annihilation.

The Lakers are the basketball equivalent to the evil empire, and not because they've won titles, I don't even classify Jerry West or those guys with this current Laker incarnation.

i really thought that the Lakers would pull it out tonight, and then DET would win game 5 to send the series to LA.

that being said, i am still pulling for DET to win, and think it would be great if they could do it in front of Jack and all the other Laker fans.

ha, ha!

also, my lil bro is a fakers fan and i am on his computer while he is asleep. i am going to change his wallpaper from a "Kobe in front of the three championship trophies" pic to a Pistons one! can't wait to hear from him tomorrow!!!

I don't feel bad for Malone or Payton.

NO FREE RIDES! They didn't earn the rings if LA had won.

This will/should be Kobe's last game last for LA on tuesday. Why should he stay. He has his rings and he's playing like a man loaded up on some drug that allows his to travel from CO. and back without sleeping ever.

He could go to San Antonio and they'd be your next dynasty.

Or he could come back East and be in the finals every year.

Originally posted by Thiebear

Kobe goes nowhere.

He is Young, Shaq is old. They will buy Kobe and send Shaq'n Pack'n.

LA will win the next 2...

But Shaq is at least carrying the team while Kobe is just crying in the huddle to phil.

Kobe is gone and Phil will be coming back.

Go Pistons!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Thiebear

LA will win the next 2...

Are you kidding? What have you seen to make "YOU" think that LA can win (lol) 2 more games in this series? Heck, LA is one Kobe miracle shot from being swept. Kobe and Shaq are LA's only scorers. Against that defense? LA is on "Borrowed time" imo .

I don't really follow the NBA at all anymore, but the one thing even I have noticed is the league's desperate attempts to dub someone, anyone The Next Michael Jordan. First it was Vince Carter, then Tim Duncan, and now, low and behold Kobe Bryant is The Next Michael Jordan. He makes clutch shots. He wins big games. He's done more at 25 than MJ did at 25. He's closer to being MJ than Tiger Woods is to Jack Nicholas. The search is over!

Uh-huh. Two games later and Kobe is again just Kobe. Suprise suprise.

Maybe if the NBA put as much effort into creating a decent product as they do scowering their ranks for another MJ they'd get more people to pay attention to the sport. Maybe.

Originally posted by Henry

I don't really follow the NBA at all anymore, but the one thing even I have noticed is the league's desperate attempts to dub someone, anyone The Next Michael Jordan. First it was Vince Carter, then Tim Duncan, and now, low and behold Kobe Bryant is The Next Michael Jordan. He makes clutch shots. He wins big games. He's done more at 25 than MJ did at 25. He's closer to being MJ than Tiger Woods is to Jack Nicholas. The search is over!

Uh-huh. Two games later and Kobe is again just Kobe. Suprise suprise.

Maybe if the NBA put as much effort into creating a decent product as they do scowering their ranks for another MJ they'd get more people to pay attention to the sport. Maybe.

if MJ had Shaq.....thy Bulls could of won for a decade straight. No offense to Kobe.....but without MJ, he wouldn't of had that game to adopt. Its not bad....why not play like the best?

The key to the whole thing is that the Pistons aren't doing what other teams do, which is to try to guard Shaq with 2 or even 3 guys via "HackAShaq", which always let someone else get opened for an uncontested 3 point try

They are letting Rasheed Wallace or Ben Wallace stay with Shaq one-on-one and making sure that no one has a chance for an open 3 point try, and that makes sure that the Lakers can't get on one of those big runs they are known for

larry brown is employing the same strategy he did when the lakers took on the the 76ers a few years ago. the only difference is the pistons have more offense. the only way the lakers could win is if they post up shaq every posession. shaq was like 16-18 or something like that and i bet over 80% of those were dunks.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

larry brown is employing the same strategy he did when the lakers took on the the 76ers a few years ago. the only difference is the pistons have more offense. the only way the lakers could win is if they post up shaq every posession. shaq was like 16-18 or something like that and i bet over 80% of those were dunks.

What hurt the 76ers back in 2001 also was that they had some injury issues coming into the Finals, something the Pistons this year don't have

Archived