82 members have voted

1. 1. 1st to knock TO silly?

• Lavar Arrington
    • Ray Lewis
    • Sean Taylor
    • Ed Reed
    • Roy Williams
    • Other

The Hogettes have more than milked their celebrity. Nice to have the fun around at the stadium but there are no more Hogs, and if the Hogettes EVER decide to retire I will not miss them.

I also think the Washington-Baltimore area has plenty of dirtbaggettes. ;)

Hmmm ... guys dressing in drag as Miss Piggy ... yeah that's symbolic of the Hogs.

Never liked them, never will. Please Buges make the Dirtbags work so the Hoggettes can retire to the Sunset ...

Strip.

geez, all you guys are older than me and have experienced the first Gibbs era, how can you bash the hoggettes? Sure the hogs left with Gibbs, but the hoggettes are still a major game appearance, feels weird if they dont show. I cant really explain what im thinking, but its a tradition to have them there, and a link to the past, a group of loyal fans who have never strayed from the skins, or at least their costumes havent. Plus, i dont know much about the hoggettes, but if they hvae relatively been the same people the last few years, shows a lot of class to still do that every game despite the slump.

I agree that their popularity has died, but it has become like a staple of the game to see the hoggettes just like it has to see the chief redskin.

Some history on the Hoggettes

http://www.hogettes.org/history.php

To cheer up his Grandmother, Michael Torbert borrowed her black and white polka-dot dress, put it on, and surprised her at her retirement home Halloween ('83) Tacky Tea Party. Mike dressed at work before going to his Grandmother's house.The office folks thought he was hysterical. His arrival at the retirement home as "Mikey T." created a lot of laughs from the residents. Mikey T. and his Grandmother became stars of the house. It was a very bright day for Grandma MaMarge.

Mikey T. recruited a dozen other wild and crazy family men who'd dress up and go into Children's Hospitals in their outfits to make sick kids smile and laugh; who'd go out in public and encourage people to donate money for the care of sick children; and who'd go into the Pig Pen (RFK) and cheer for the HOGS and the rest of the Redskins.

And so, the Hogettes Team was formed. How each gent became a Hogette is a unique story in itself. The first time out, the Team put on their dresses (old-fashioned cheerleaders), pig snouts, wigs, and white "good-guy" leather hats and ventured to the Philly game (11-27-83) at the Pig Pen. The Hogettes have gone to many Redskins' games since. They have made many friends along the way. Being a part of the Redskins "12th Man" is great.

The Hogettes try to support any group that needs help, especially children. Funny looks and clowning around by these professional men has brought many a smile to a lot of people across the Washington, D.C. community and other NFL cities around the country. All the guys are committed to the team effort and have volunteered many hours to helping benefit sick kids. The Hogettes Team has made life a little brighter for many by their actions.

http://www.hogettes.org/charities.php

Since 1983, we have donated thousands of hours and helped raise millions of dollars for the care of sick children. Remember what we are all about, and next time you have the opportunity, give something to help the kids.

Children's Hospital

Ronald McDonald House

March of Dimes

Darrell Green's Youth Life Foundation

National Medical Center

Joe Gibb's Youth for Tomorrow

The Easter Seal Society

The Hospital for Sick Children

The Sunshine Foundation

Muscular Dystrophy Association

D.C. Police Boys & Girls Clubs

D.C. & NO. VA Special Olympics

D.C. Lung Foundation

Walk for Mankind

Musician's Fund

Kendra Liver Fund

The Tony Caruso Fund

Camp Fantastic

Al Heart Association

National S.I.D.S. Foundation

Juvenile Diabetes Foundation

National Stay in School Fund

Leukemia Society of America

I guess the goodness of the Hogettes is they were honest about they're emotions - being cheerleaders to offer inspiration, while laughing at themselves. Nothing wrong with that at all. Like clowns, we don't bash them, but they put on noses, some dress as female clowns (we ignore it because they make us laugh and enjoy our moment). When a clown undresses, and puts on his "civiy" duds, they can be in the form of doctor, police officer, construction/electrical engineer or martial arts instructor. None I would even approach about preferences, because of what they mean to me in their personal lives, not the other one that also makes people appreciate life more.

As for Dirtbaggettes, not a good choice.

Why not just a group of guys wearing extra large fake dusty vacuum bags.

Hoover would have their endorsement labels all over it I suppose and donations could go to cleaner air.

Archived