Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone been on Kazaa lately and seen that........

TC4

.........despite the fact that number of actual uses online is actually down to like about 2.5 million that the number of files being traded has gone WAY UP

I am on right now, and the file total is like over 884 million, and three times in the past 2 weeks, it has been over ONE BILLION

I thought that file sharing was suppose to be down since the RIAA has begun to sue files sharers :rolleyes:

Unistall, reinstall. Save music to hard drive, of course!

Can you just create another folder on your hard disk and move the song out of the shared media section periodically?

That's all I've ever done, but if there is something in Kazza's memory that lets the feds know how many songs I have downloaded despite the number of songs I am sharing, I'd like to know....don't need to start paying fines just because I've developed a sweet ass sweet '80s collection.

Originally posted by f_dallas

Can you just create another folder on your hard disk and move the song out of the shared media section periodically?

That's all I've ever done, but if there is something in Kazza's memory that lets the feds know how many songs I have downloaded despite the number of songs I am sharing, I'd like to know....don't need to start paying fines just because I've developed a sweet ass sweet '80s collection.

I don't know, bro. You can delete from your song list but I think your user name would still allow them to track your participation. There are over 25 million users so I'm not to concerned. I just periodically uninstall and reinstall the program using a different name. I downloaded all the material to disk then uploaded into a differnet file, some of the material anyway.

I'm sure theres still a way to find out the origin of the file but like I said, they're going after those who have downloaded thousands of songs.

Originally posted by f_dallas

Dude, just use Kazaa Lite ++ like myself and NavyDave do

It has no spywear or ads and like Dave says, it can block the RIAA and others from spying on you when you download stuff, along with keeping your shared folder empty too

If you wanna downlaod Kazaa Lite ++, go here:

http://www.freedownloads.be/html/downloaddetail.php?down_ID=401

exactly like the above...

i believe the number of files has shot up b/c i think the record industry is poluting the file pool with bad files. ever download a newer song and in the middle chalk board sounds in it? also there are songs out there that have the hook or the first verse repeated over and over. you gotta look out for those.

I wonder how many of you have had your software ID#s jacked and don't know it.......

Kazaa = virus farm

Only use that program with caution and be sure to sue RIAA if you catch one of their vigilante virus programs.

Originally posted by NavyDave

I use kazaa lite ++ which has a blocker for RIAA and other questionableIP adx.

When I download a music movie or pic file I just drag it to my music, video or whatever image folder I created

That is the best Kazza program!! I have never had a problem with kazza lite ++. Best thing about Kazza lite ++ is you can search different servers

Originally posted by section 226

TC4, thanks for that link. I had the original Kazaa on my home computer. I had to delete it because my computer slowed down considerably. Is this Kazaa Lite for real??? No spyware? Can you download the same stuff as the original?

It sure is 226

And the thing I love best of all about it is that you can run an unlimited search on it, which is the coolest thing when you are looking for harder to find songs

As for it slowing down your computer, look at the top right when you turn it on. Instead of the three little boxes for "Minimize", "Restore" and "Close"m there is a 4th one to the left that lets you drop it all the way down into your taskbar in the lower right of your screen nest to the clock

If you run a long search like I mentioned above, you might see a difference in the slowness of your computer as opposed to leaving in on the regular taskbar by hitting "Minimize"

Originally posted by Destino

I wonder how many of you have had your software ID#s jacked and don't know it.......

Kazaa = virus farm

Only use that program with caution and be sure to sue RIAA if you catch one of their vigilante virus programs.

I had some problems trying to download some Rush songs last week

They would play for a bit and then you would get loud noise that made the file useless

As long as you keep your your shared folder files to a minimum you will be fine. They are going after people who have hundreds of files in there shared folder. If you only have a few you are one in a few million.

BTW- I found Troy and Day after tomorrow still looking for shrek2 and the new Harry Potter

I am user TTG_HTTR ;)

Archived