Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No respect for Skins in Lindy's 2004 Football

oldskinfan

In Lindy's Fantasy Football section, they listed the:

top 12 running backs - no Portis! ***

top 16 QBs - no Brunell, no Ramsey! (no surprise, but)

top 10 receivers, no Coles!

In the 2004 Draft section, they say:

"Could Surprise - Gibbs, by motoring back to NASCAR...

(Are they calling Gibbs a quitter?)

In the NFL's Best, the Redskins managed:

A No. 9 spot for Coles

No Portis in the top 10 running backs

No Brunell or Ramsey (no surprise) in top 10 QB's

No OT, no center, a No. 10 spot in OG for Thomas,

Only 1 Skin - Arrington as N0. 6 OLB on entire defense listing.

Once again, no respect for the Skins. What do they think will happen to Portis - do they think that he will suddenly forget how to run now that he is a Redskin?

I just hope that Gibbs can retain the players he wants over the next 2-3 years and fashion a winner.

Tell me what you think. Better yet tell the mags who do not respect our players...

*** they selected, in order; A. Green, S. Alexander, LADanian Tomlinson, Ricky Williams, Jamal Lewis, Edgerrin James, Deuce McAllister, Domanick Davis, Fred Taylor, Stephen Davis, T. J. Duckett and Marshall Faulk.

No Priest Holmes, either!!

Domanick Davis better than Clinton Portis, S. Davis & M. Faulk? Whatever he was smolking... it must have been powerfull stuff:laugh:

I didn't care to read any further after the Gibbs could surprise by going back to NASCAR. Clearly they do not know much about Joe Gibbs, and I'm questioning the overall football intellect since Gibbs is a HOF coach and one of the winningest coaches in NFL history.

hmm, i guess Coles wasn't worth a first round pick we gave and Portis isnt worth making the pro bowl his only 2 seasons in the league. Geez, what is the NFL thinking these days, letting untalented buffoons go to the pro bowl and earning big money?

We will shock the world with how much we have improved, the same way the cowboys did last season.

Well, fantasy being different than reality...I could see Ramsey and Brunell not being there. It's possible they will split the season...so their production will suffer.

I think Coles should be in the top 10....but honestly in my fantasy draft I may avoid him b/c of the chance that his foot injury slows him down this year. I definitely wouldn't draft him before 5th round.

The Portis low ranking is the most confusing. Last year I had him projected as the 3rd best fantasy back in football behind Holmes and LT. Even if his production suffers a little with the Skins...he would still be top 5 or at least top 7.

Pretty silly assessment. As mentioned above, it's all congecture and assumption at this point.

Talk's cheap, we gotta do it on the field.

I think our O will be better than expected. Our O-line will be VERY impressive and everything else will be exponentially better across the O because of it. I think our special teams will be just that - special. And I don't mean, Lil school bus, special ED kind of special. However, I do have reservations about our D.

Originally posted by fwo40

Well, fantasy being different than reality...I could see Ramsey and Brunell not being there. It's possible they will split the season...so their production will suffer.

I think Coles should be in the top 10....but honestly in my fantasy draft I may avoid him b/c of the chance that his foot injury slows him down this year. I definitely wouldn't draft him before 5th round.

The Portis low ranking is the most confusing. Last year I had him projected as the 3rd best fantasy back in football behind Holmes and LT. Even if his production suffers a little with the Skins...he would still be top 5 or at least top 7.

If you're not going to go after Coles until the 5th rd. I want to be in your league. I could get all the players I wanted.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

If you're not going to go after Coles until the 5th rd. I want to be in your league. I could get all the players I wanted.

And odds are...I'd be happy to let you. No worries here...won my league last 3 years.

You never take a WR higher than 5 unless his name is Moss, Owens, or Harrison.

Case in point....Coles last season. He sure looked good at the start.....and finished with respectable numbers. Meanwhile, when he was taken Stephen Davis still sat on the board....

RB's are much more dangerous than WR's.

And Wr's can be found in the middle of the season...when they get hot.....RB's can not.

oldskinfan, what RBs did they list ahead of Portis?

As fwo40 said, the rules are a little different when assessing fantasy value, e.g. the chance the Brunnell and Ramsey will split time. But not having Portis in the top 12 is bizarre. It's not like he's going to be splitting carries.

LaDamian, Priest, Ahman Green, Edgerrin, Corey Dillon with NE, Deuce in NO, old man Faulk, Shaun Alexander. Ricky Williams and Jamal Lewis with drug clouds over their heads. That's only 10 and most of these are debatable over Portis.

Weird.

Archived