Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI Covers

afparent

What is your favorite SI cover of the Skins? Mine has to be showing Darryl Grant spiking the ball after scoring against Dallas in the NFC Championship.

The Skins have been on SI cover 24 times (15 times during Gibbs era)

Joe Gibbs (as a skin) has never been on a cover (Lombardi, Allen and Graham have)

No cover during Norv's days

1 cover during Marty's days

0 cover for Spurrier

I've always been partial to the one showing Riggins breaking free against Miami in the Superbowl.

I remember the pride that I'd feel when I'd go into a store or doctor's office and see our guys right there on the front of SI. Frankly, I think I began to assume that we'd always be on the cover. Bad move on my part. :doh:

Originally posted by Burgold

I've always been partial to the swimsuit covers, but that's just me.

I didn't think we ever made it on the swimsuit covers! Quite frankly, I don't think I would want to see that one - I get chills just thinking about Dave Butz or Joe Jacoby in a Speedo! :puke:

:laugh:

Guest "VT Alum" SkinsHokie Fan

What is insane is that it took the Redskins nearly 10 year to get back on the cover after winning Super Bowl 26 and the "Let Er Rip" cover appeared.

Shows just how bad the 1990s were after that Super Bowl win

Originally posted by afparent

What is your favorite SI cover of the Skins? Mine has to be showing Darryl Grant spiking the ball after scoring against Dallas in the NFC Championship.

The Skins have been on SI cover 24 times (15 times during Gibbs era)

Joe Gibbs (as a skin) has never been on a cover (Lombardi, Allen and Graham have)

No cover during Norv's days

1 cover during Marty's days

0 cover for Spurrier

I think it was '82 they had just beat the Raiders in the regular season (only to get stomped in the Super Bowl) and the front cover read "By the Skin of their teeth"

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

I didn't think we ever made it on the swimsuit covers! Quite frankly, I don't think I would want to see that one - I get chills just thinking about Dave Butz or Joe Jacoby in a Speedo! :puke:

:laugh:

That nasty....straight nasty...lol

Archived