Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audio Books

@DCGoldPants

I wanted to see if anybody get into those. Not for sitting around and instead of reading....but when you're on a roadtrip or when you don't get a chance to read.

Example: I work for a Bio-Tech company here in MD. Our Busy season is from Sept to late Apr.....the range of Cold and Flu around the country. Now we're going into our down time where people work on smaller projects...things get quiet and you could LISTEN to a book during the day while being able to handle your job.....well. Maybe 2 or 3 days a week I could do this.

Anyways, I'm thinking about getting a few audiobooks to listen to while I prepare for next season.

Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, I usually read biographies and maybe a few fiction sections.....not really into sci-fi.

used to listen to them all the time when i was back east. traveling from pa to oh and ky and back was made a lot less painful with those buggers. now in cali, we don't travel much by car (long distances) so i haven't "heard" a book in a long time.

many listen to audio books on thier daily commute. in the dc area your guaranteed at least an hour of being stuck in rush hour traffic. many are doing 2 -3 hours a day. that's 10-15 a week. that's like an unabridged book every week depending on the length. i think thier great. about the costs and selection? go to the public library. they have or can get you any title in any genre in any format. and its free. i would suggest getting a title that you've always wanted to read, but never dared, never got the chance, never found a copy or never could get into it.

Archived