Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else afraid that...

D'Pablo

evil sportwriters from SI and ESPN will cheapen Gibbs' feat of getting us into the playoffs if indeed he does? I keep thinking they'll say something like, "Well, the talent on that team had to come through at some point. BLAH BLAH BLAH..." It seems like the majority of these writers have already embraced that Gibbs might fail, and will certainly look to cover their tracks.

If they did they would be fools (well, one could argue they are fools anyway). We've made the playoffs once since he has left, and even then it was under duress as Snyder told Norv he was gone if we didn't make the playoffs. If we go back this year, and I think we will, they will have to give the props to Gibbs and his staff....and the further we advance in the playoffs the more they will have to idolize him.

Guest Graudated SkinsHokie Fan

Honestly I will not care. If the Redskins get to the playoffs I will be a happy happy man.

And the thing is, I think it is very possible and I have no doubt in my mind we will be watching Redskins football in mid January

Originally posted by speedwagon20

Actually, I think of all things associated with the Redskins, Joe Gibbs is the one that the media likes. I think if we get ANY props this year at all, they will be directly related to him. And I'm not even saying that that would be a bad thing.

I just don't see the media bashing Gibbs...he's a well-liked, proven leader.

Agreed. The only thing that is sorta worrisome is whether or not people will see this year as a failure on Joe's part if we don't make the playoffs. Basically, this year is going to be compared to Dallas's previous season, even though Joe has been out of coaching and football, while Parcells has remained around the game. But, it really doesn't matter as long as Joe is still here and Danny writes the checks.

I think that they will give credit to Gibbs. I think that they will over due it (Well can you ever OVERDUE Gibbs? I don't really know.) to death. I can deffently see Dan Patrick doing an inside look on the Redskins and Joe Gibbs.

Archived