Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Article on Daniel Snyder

Lifetime fan, first time poster here. I don't get onto any of the message boards much at all, but I read everything I can about the Redskins every day. As I am sure most of you have experienced also, I am frustrated with the level of anti-Redskins stuff guys like Pasquarelli write all the time.

I found this guy on the link that I posted that is unapologetically pro-Redskins, and you can tell he's been a fan for quite some time. His stuff is funny, and more accurate than any of the NFL guys that write about us.

http://www.midatlanticsports.net/gu009.htm

He has a draft preview (which was right on), and a draft review on the site too. The review was hilarious.

Don't think that I'm spamming here, I just wanted to share this guy with some fellow Redskin fans. There is enough bad stuff written about us, it's good to have a guy on our side that's interesting to read.

I've been reading him for a few weeks and he has a David Terrell joke in every one of them.

I noticed that he usually has something new posted to the site on Tuesday or Wednesday of each week, so I check in about then to see if anything is new.

I'm glad some of you liked it. I know that I did and didn't want to keep the article to myself.

That is the truth, Snyder will continue to make mistakes as an owner but hopefully he wont make the same one twice. Eventually he will run out of mistakes to make and then wil become perfect!!

Pretty good article. I'd say he forgot some of DS's earlier mistakes, like Jeff George over Brad Johnson, Norv Turner over Charlie Casserly and not raising a fuss over the radio station switching out long time play-by-play man, Frank Herzog.

Things that he's done well that the author didn't mention:

Letting #28 stay as log as he wanted to, tapping into Sonny as a source of info, putting $10 million worth of escalators at FEDEX. While he most DEF didn't "have" to do that (in that he has the biggest stadium in the league and his team has sold out every single game since 1964 - the longest streak in the league) he did it to raise the fan experience. The one playoff appearance we had, he opened the gates of the stadium and the doors of the bars and let the crowds inside during a night of waiting for the ticket office to open when the outside temps dropped into the low 20s, oh and he sold beer and hotdogs for cost - no profit. He has donated over $25 million to Children's Hospital in DC.

The guy became a multi Biliion-aire (Yes that Billion-aire - with a B) by the age of 32 and had the opportunity to buy his passion. The guy is less than 6 months older than me and he dropped out of UofMD - he doesn't even have a degree.

There once was a time that those accomplishments meant something in this country.

If we had the opportunity to buy the Skins and make some serious decisions we would do it in a heart beat!

Archived